2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If 800k is true, you let him walk with our best wishes, we should not be nuking our salary cap, even for Rankine.
Might be cos of this.

He obviously is keen to stay but if they're offering a godfather deal it's hard to resist so he may be a bit torn right now.

I'm disappointed but I understand. I feel more comfortable knowing we are going to be a strong side next year + we've done absolutely everything right by this bloke. We haven't ****ed it up and that's why he wants to leave like we did with our first batch.

We've done all we can to keep him, that's for sure. Very well supported by the coach, seems really well settled with a good group of friends, good community, likes the lifestyle, likes our Darwin games. Despite all that, just wants to head home. That's the game, unfortunately. The risk is it breaks the young, committed group and narrative that we've held. Who next? Rowell? Anderson? On a positive note, it does free up some cap for us to help re-sign Rowell & Anderson. Desperately need to hold onto those two.

Should also get a nice pick. Very much doubt we get Rachele if he's off to Adelaide.

If he's off to a VIC club, that would be a bigger blow than if he was off to SA.
The Crows will threaten PSD to lowball us, potentially another Martin situation.

If it come to pass I’ll 🔥 Metricon down. It’s a massive **** up if he goes for SFA but consistent with our trade teams results DAF.

Rankine looks gone for all money. It’s a shame Adelaide have such a shit list because there are very few players worth trying to get in return. I think best case scenario would be to get their first round draft pick and Brodie Smith who is getting older but still player good footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine looks gone for all money. It’s a shame Adelaide have such a s**t list because there are very few players worth trying to get in return. I think best case scenario would be to get their first round draft pick and Brodie Smith who is getting older but still player good footy
Very unlikely

pick around 10 15

as we will split pick 4

if he wants out uncontracted not much bargaining power

we could do a Jack Martin front load contract

dreaming 2 first rounders laughable

Has their been any legitimate source to say he is going?

What I’ve seen is suns people with connections saying he will sign.

Media people saying other clubs have put good offers to him

And everyone else speculating.
Panic merchants are getting really wound up. Media were saying Brayshaw was moving, then he signed. It's just noise.

Very unlikely

pick around 10 15

as we will split pick 4

if he wants out uncontracted not much bargaining power

we could do a Jack Martin front load contract

dreaming 2 first rounders laughable

Talk of offers of over $800k a season means that it isn't. Offering pick 10 or 15 is laughable.

Twomey on the AFL website suggesting, other AFL clubs think him leaving is a likely scenario.
IF God forbid he does leave we should DEMAND at the very least Josh Rachele and Sam Berry and potentially a future 1st rounder. It's our turn to fleece and take advantage of clubs who want our stars and pillage us season after season, I've had a gutful of watching our stars leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back