2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know adelaide will be front loading that contract too given the state of their list, He’ll be staring down the barrel of $1.2 mil plus next season.

The only thing I can say about our list management team is

- big offers from SA were always going to come.

I don’t know how much faffing about with negotiations took place over the past few months but If there was.. they missed the chance to have him sewn up long term.

What’s our leverage here with ranks, if we don’t get what we want and just say no we are not trading you to Adelaide he just walks like Martin?

It's an odd move for them to expend that much money on another forward. They currently have Rowe, Rachele, McAdam, McHenry, Murphy and even Soligo all forwards or mid / forwards. They'd all be nervous looking at their spots which might cause some angst around the club. None are as good as Ranks though - possibly Rachele in time will be. Still that's a lot of little guys to find space for and I'd of thought a strong mid was more in their sights?
They all suck besides Rachele. Their whole forward line sucks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FYI for anyone talking about Sheezel.

Big “go home” factor with him. Widely known in recruiting circles.
To be honest he doesn't play a position of need for us (Ainsworth, Hollands) so would be happy to pass on him.

Sugar.
One of my 2 or 3 favourite players to watch.
Someone was always likely to go from the 2018-2019 drafts, but this one hurts if true.

If it does happen, hopefully they go on another camp soon......

To be honest he doesn't play a position of need for us (Ainsworth, Hollands) so would be happy to pass on him.
We need some goalkickers, Ainsworth goes at less than 50% and Hollands has started wing and hopefully transitions inside like Noah did

From Ralphy:

“The Suns are open to retaining Brayden Fiorini despite a backended 2023 contract of nearly $600,000 but he is sure to have rival interest as an inside mid”.

🤦‍♂️

From Ralphy:

“The Suns are open to retaining Brayden Fiorini despite a backended 2023 contract of nearly $600,000 but he is sure to have rival interest as an inside mid”.

Bro haha

From Ralphy:

🤦‍♂️

I'm hoping Wayne Campbell is doing the contracts now and not Craig Cameron

From Ralphy:

🤦‍♂️
This is why I am most disappointed to lose Rankine.

I still have zero faith in Cameron and co. to not absolutely f*ck the situation even more. Every team loses players they want to keep, but the best teams manage to minimise the impact by making other shrewd moves.

If we come out of trade period with pick #4, #8, whatever Brisbanes first pick is, and a bunch of points for 2023 while losing Rankine, and Cameron stands up and says “well we have opened up our draft hand for next year and added a bit of financial flexibility”, while not actually improving the list, I’m gonna flip.

This is why I am most disappointed to lose Rankine.

I still have zero faith in Cameron and co. to not absolutely f*ck the situation even more. Every team loses players they want to keep, but the best teams manage to minimise the impact by making other shrewd moves.

If we come out of trade period with pick #4, #8, whatever Brisbanes first pick is, and a bunch of points for 2023 while losing Rankine, and Cameron stands up and says “well we have opened up our draft hand for next year and added a bit of financial flexibility”, while not actually improving the list, I’m gonna flip.

At the same time you can't pay Rankine the same as what Touk is on, that's just a recipe for disaster with no salary cap integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back