2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably more for the Iva/Ben thread but when I see Hawthorn gutting their midfield I do worry..........
Hawthorn tried to gut their midfield last year too.

They've been shopping Gunston and Breust for years.

Doesn't mean anything really. The Suns would match any offer forcing a trade, and they won't want to give up pick 1 if they have it.

Maybe they go for LDU?

Hawthorn tried to gut their midfield last year too.

They've been shopping Gunston and Breust for years.

Doesn't mean anything really. The Suns would match any offer forcing a trade, and they won't want to give up pick 1 if they have it.

Maybe they go for LDU?

I swear to god Hawthorn are tanking for Harley Reid. Or maybe they think Wembanyana is nominating for the AFL draft?

I swear to god Hawthorn are tanking for Harley Reid. Or maybe they think Wembanyana is nominating for the AFL draft?
Just imo but Mitchell knows he needs a core of high draft picks, Hawthorn have beentried topping up so don't have enough young talent. They are trying to get as many in as possible over the next few years. I'm sure they would love to get Anderson, but given what he would cost them it wouldn't be worth it.

Not to mention what the AFL would do if they try to "walk him to the PSD"

Would you have preferred that deal to the Bowes one?

Both Sexton and Fiorini are OOC in 2023 right? Much less important to move them with just one year left.

Bit cheeky from Essendon really.
Also not point to do it now as that would be another 1M+ and we would have to seriously front-load some existing contracts just to satisfy 95% cap. Sexton, Fiorini and Thompson will do nicely next year unless we re-sign them to crazy salaries which I don't think will happen :p

Also not point to do it now as that would be another 1M+ and we would have to seriously front-load some existing contracts just to satisfy 95% cap.
Yeah, if they had suggested Fiorini/Sexton and pick 5 before the Bowes deal then we probably would have done it.

No need to do both. Contracts expiring 2023 won't really effect extending Rowell/Ando

Yeah, if they had suggested Fiorini/Sexton and pick 5 before the Bowes deal then we probably would have done it.

No need to do both. Contracts expiring 2023 won't really effect extending Rowell/Ando

I would have been happy with Fiorini and pick 7 to the Bombers instead with an extended restructure for Bowes to 4 years but thems the breaks.

I would have been happy with Fiorini and pick 7 to the Bombers instead with an extended restructure for Bowes to 4 years but thems the breaks.
Reckon fiorini is better than bowes and bowes is 2 years on more money. One more year for fiorini on his current contract then we will offer a more realistic contract, if he stays for minimum money great but if he leaves that's ok too. Rather that than be stuck with bowes for 4 or 5 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspect the expiring contracts next year will just roll over into the planned new contracts for Ando and Rowell and Mac Andrew and hopefully Flanders, plus any re-signings on market money for those expiring.

Want to get a big fish? Need to start fishing in Feb/March and keep on fishin' all year.

From what Cameron and Evans were saying, moving the Bowes contract now means that we know we will have the cash at the end of next year for a big fish. If someone really good will come for 6 years at 850k then we can promise them that in March, knowing we have the cap space without playing silly buggers.

Suspect the expiring contracts next year will just roll over into the planned new contracts for Ando and Rowell and Mac Andrew and hopefully Flanders, plus any re-signings on market money for those expiring.

Want to get a big fish? Need to start fishing in Feb/March and keep on fishin' all year.

From what Cameron and Evans were saying, moving the Bowes contract now means that we know we will have the cash at the end of next year for a big fish. If someone really good will come for 6 years at 850k then we can promise them that in March, knowing we have the cap space without playing silly buggers.
And if no big fish comes along we can overpay the players we have to meet the cap minimum, I mean what could go wrong hehehehe

From AFL.com

Essendon has said it would be aggressive in the market and use its ample salary cap space, and offered to take contracted pair Brayden Fiorini and Alex Sexton off the Suns for pick No.5. But the Suns, having executed the Bowes and pick No.7 deal knowing No.5 was coming through the door, weren't doing that.

If only Sydney Stack could get his act together, he would be the best cheap HB cover available.

If only Sydney Stack could get his act together, he would be the best cheap HB cover available.
Don't think young Sydney will ever get his act together unfortunately, it's why he got passed over in the national draft and its followed him to the AFL. Shame, cause there is a hell of a lot of talent in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back