2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think it will be hard for us to go to the next level without the "Big Fish" we have been promised for the past few years
It's why I was despondent after pre-season
I didn't think we had enough natural improvement to go past the teams above us and unfortunately BigFooty knew what the club obviously doesn't
Atkins and Long are not the droids you are looking for
The big fish was losing Rankine and King coming back from an ACL. Whoops.

So after linking ben king to Collingwood 2 days ago, Tom Browne now has been told he is more likely to stay at GC or play with Max. Maybe do some research first next time you tool.

So after linking ben king to Collingwood 2 days ago, Tom Browne now has been told he is more likely to stay at GC or play with Max. Maybe do some research first next time you tool.

He will definitely be at one of 18 clubs in 2024. Bank it.

It would be pretty rough if we decline Sharp’s probable trade request at seasons end. The kid is listed on the bench in the 2’s. Career going no where with us it seems.
He will go. I imagine we wanted a future pick last year. Freo probably weren’t offering anything reasonable.

Now we’ll take a 2023 or 2024 pick. Probably in the 40s at best if we don’t play him.

He will go. I imagine we wanted a future pick last year. Freo probably weren’t offering anything reasonable.

Now we’ll take a 2023 or 2024 pick. Probably in the 40s at best if we don’t play him.
Future third round pick.

Though West Coast fans talking about picking up Sharp and Deven Robertson pretty cheap.

It would be pretty rough if we decline Sharp’s probable trade request at seasons end. The kid is listed on the bench in the 2’s. Career going no where with us it seems.
it's another Scrimshaw situation
He's obviously made it clear he wants out so the Club has stopped investing game time and goodwill in him
It's unlikely his trade value can be increased so he's left to rot on the bench in the VFL and the Club can focus on committed players

Great to see Jack Bowes performing well....

I think you mix Bowes performance with Cats team performance. IMO, still the same (at least the part I watched).
Yeah, my friends who are Cats supporters don’t rate him at all. I don’t think he’s playing too badly, but certainly isn’t dominating. I think he needs to be midfield. Not a great defender.

I don’t think he would have made our team any better or worse this year. He would just be a role player.

But I don’t like how the whole situation went down either, so no ill will here.

Yeah, my friends who are Cats supporters don’t rate him at all. I don’t think he’s playing too badly, but certainly isn’t dominating. I think he needs to be midfield. Not a great defender.

I don’t think he would have made our team any better or worse this year. He would just be a role player.

But I don’t like how the whole situation went down either, so no ill will here.
I think all of us wish Bowes the best but he does look bog down average so far for Cats.

I think all of us wish Bowes the best but he does look bog down average so far for Cats.
As much as no one wanted it to happen we couldn't afford to keep a role player on $850k a year for two years on the books.
Unfortunately Jack is just a role player and not a dominating player and can be hidden at Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as no one wanted it to happen we couldn't afford to keep a role player on $850k a year for two years on the books.
Unfortunately Jack is just a role player and not a dominating player and can be hidden at Geelong
Agree, but a self inflicted wound, I would say Craig Cameron at his best but he said hold my beer and doubled down by throwing away pick 7 to get rid of his own error. Horrible for all involved including the fans

Search him in the AFL app, average to below average on a million bucks a season
He doesn’t play full time middle, or full time forward. Stats don’t tell all there.

Definitely not worth his pay (though pretty sure he took a pay-cut this season I read).

But if I had to choose I’d rather a player like Swallow than a player like Bowes, I’ll put it that way.

Think we should be targeting a genuine small forward. Still not sure if rosas becomes the player we need but another gun small may make him play better anyway. Pickett would obviously be the dream but highly unlikely, gresham probably the most gettable, not sure what else is available but liam Ryan may be tradeable for west coast. Nick Watson the ideal one from the draft but he may go as high as no 2.

Think we should be targeting a genuine small forward. Still not sure if rosas becomes the player we need but another gun small may make him play better anyway. Pickett would obviously be the dream but highly unlikely, gresham probably the most gettable, not sure what else is available but liam Ryan may be tradeable for west coast. Nick Watson the ideal one from the draft but he may go as high as no 2.
I've been linking Gresham since preseason.

Everything just adds up, RFA, holding talks to end of the year. Only problem now is Saints are on the charge. They did give $$$ to Jack Billings when he was OOC and he hasn't done much since (injured) but wonder if they can afford to have 2 injury prone blokes on their list when alot of their players like Wilkie, Owens, Windhager, Stocker all increase their value.

I've been linking Gresham since preseason.

Everything just adds up, RFA, holding talks to end of the year. Only problem now is Saints are on the charge. They did give $$$ to Jack Billings when he was OOC and he hasn't done much since (injured) but wonder if they can afford to have 2 injury prone blokes on their list when alot of their players like Wilkie, Owens, Windhager, Stocker all increase their value.

Becoming less of a Gresham fan this season. Bit of a selfish player albeit a very good player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back