2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored Episode 15 GIF by The Simpsons

I think that's an indicement on Essendon more than anything else
Nothing like a good 'indicement" to get the juices flowing....;)

Sorry, couldn't help myself.......Ok Ok, I'll go sit in the corner..:oops:

McDonald-tipungwuti considering a return, now there's a big name!
This is about the third comeback in the last 12 months I’ve heard about.

He has an amazing story for anyone not familiar with it.

Our presence in Darwin could have some very minor influence. Our players went to Tiwi where he is from during last years trip.

This is about the third comeback in the last 12 months I’ve heard about.

He has an amazing story for anyone not familiar with it.

Our presence in Darwin could have some very minor influence. Our players went to Tiwi where he is from during last years trip.
Yeah it must be said that if he's fit I'd love him. I think he'd thrive up here.

Haven't seen much of the draftees but someone with Tsatsas skillset would go so well with what we already have.
Mitch Duncan like from the descriptions.

Bit uneasy about go home factor from a Vic Metro guy though.

Haven't seen much of the draftees but someone with Tsatsas skillset would go so well with what we already have.
Mitch Duncan like from the descriptions.

Bit uneasy about go home factor from a Vic Metro guy though.
Tsatsas is like a supercharged Duncan. Mindblowing burst of speed.
Highly doubt he will get through to us.
I want Mackenzie, good speed, fantastic skills and a very balanced game.

Tsatsas is like a supercharged Duncan. Mindblowing burst of speed.
Highly doubt he will get through to us.
I want Mackenzie, good speed, fantastic skills and a very balanced game.

Would be happy with some more class

Would look like this

0. Ashcroft (Brisbane)
1. Wardlaw (North)
2. Tsatas (Eagles)
3. Cadman (GWS)
4. Sheezel (Essendon)
5. Mackenzie (Suns)

Pretty sad for Izak to be leaving to a club known for not being good with indigenous welfare when we are potentially getting in two more indigenous guys and remain a strong club in this department.
This might just be optimistic thinking, but Izak really does seem to love the club and he doesn't exactly scream homesickness. More like he had the offer of a lifetime + felt obliged to be around family with the problems they have reportedly been having.

I could see him requesting to come back at some point in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might just be optimistic thinking, but Izak really does seem to love the club and he doesn't exactly scream homesickness. More like he had the offer of a lifetime + felt obliged to be around family with the problems they have reportedly been having.

I could see him requesting to come back at some point in the future.
I think playing in front of a parochial crowd does mean a lot to him.

He tries to fire up the home GC crowd when he does something special. Must be a bit deflating for about 8000k suns fans kind of half cheering you on.

From what Adelaide have said, him hearing the roar at Adelaide oval really stirred something in him. Don’t blame him for that.

Jirik13 i think this is potentially one for you to work out or think through.

We deferred payments to players for COVID. That was 10% reduction I believe?

If salary cap is about 13 million then we deferred 1.3 million in payments?

Bowes had up to 350k / season deferred?

Macpherson, fiorini, brodie sound like they had minimum 100k deferred.

That’s half the deferred money between those 4 players.

Just wondering if we intentially deferred money for players we were a bit iffy on, with the whole plan to try and ship them off if they weren’t looking like best 22 locks.

Given the numbers above, it doesn’t really seem like an equitable spread amongst all players.

I think playing in front of a parochial crowd does mean a lot to him.

He tries to fire up the home GC crowd when he does something special. Must be a bit deflating for about 8000k suns fans kind of half cheering you on.

From what Adelaide have said, him hearing the roar at Adelaide oval really stirred something in him. Don’t blame him for that.
It would have to be one of the weakest parts of playing up here. Just imagine if the AFL were smart enough though to programme games between Suns and the BIG clubs from Victoria etc. Each year - Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon, St Kilda, Carlton, Hawthorn - then Adelaide, Port Power and toss in a Q Clash and an Origin promoted game against Swans. The games would be well attended with both Suns and opposition supporters - better atmosphere and much better playing conditions / experience for the local boys. Not hard really but the AFL don't really seem to understand what to do.

It would have to be one of the weakest parts of playing up here. Just imagine if the AFL were smart enough though to programme games between Suns and the BIG clubs from Victoria etc. Each year - Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon, St Kilda, Carlton, Hawthorn - then Adelaide, Port Power and toss in a Q Clash and an Origin promoted game against Swans. The games would be well attended with both Suns and opposition supporters - better atmosphere and much better playing conditions / experience for the local boys. Not hard really but the AFL don't really seem to understand what to do.
I think they do know this, and honestly, we get very good scheduling (other than game time) IMO.
Usually get to play Richmond / Collingwood / Essendon at home in the middle of winter school holidays which always attracts an awesome crowd.

Every club would be wanting to play these big clubs at home - they can't exactly load us up at the complete detriment of all other sides wanting the same thing.

This year in order of home attendance:
Richmond - 18k
Collingwood - 16k (rain threatened)
Brisbane - 14k
Carlton - 14k
Geelong - 14k
Crows - 10k
Eagles - 8k
Melbourne - 8k
Freo - 6k (raining)

Of those, Brisbane is the most disappointing crowd honestly. We should be aiming to top 20k.
Scheduled for Sunday evening - 4:10pm start this year.
No one wants to be getting back to Brisbane at 9 o'clock on a Sunday night.

Hopefully with our club continuing to improve those crowds will grow another 10-20% this year.

Looks like it could just be Long and Berry this period. I highly doubt TT is even gonna request a trade to us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If the thomas trade is to be done it will be last day even last hour kinda deal. It will take a very favourable deal towards North for them to budge for two reasons, one being contracted for two years and two they know we will cough up. Think lachy weller.

Pick 5 does seem excessive for TT but if North paid a portion of his wage as part of that deal I'd be all for it. Then again it sounds highly unlikely to happen.

What was his story? Too much talent for him to get a look in?
I've posted somewhere else - think on the main trading board

190cm, elite endurance, top 3 at the suns
insanely strong bucket hands - holds on to 90% of what he gets his hands on.

Kick-mark down the line style player.
Not fast
Not creative
Not a good field kick.

Has had goal kicking yips earlier in his career but kicked 27 goals 12 behinds from his last 17 non-sub games.
Good for probably 1.5 goals a game but will always be relatively low possessions, low score involvement style player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back