Fixture 2023 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm missing something.

Correcting the graphic to play Carlton AWAY in R18 (after being H in R7) and making R3 match white (ground Yellow) as it is an away game and making R21 yellow as it is a home game, I get...
11 games at OPtus. Normally 11 home games plus an away Freo. Am I miscounting? Missing something obvious? It's not the gather round as we are the away team.
Round 18 should be Richmond at Optus (not Carlton)

Round 19 is then Carlton at Marvel

Then the remaining rounds are the right match up but have the round number incorrect

Can only see us winning three of those

Giants finished 16th, lost Taranto, Hopper, Bruhn and Hill and gained Toby Bedford.

Blues, Suns and Saints all missed finals and who knows what they’ll be like next year. Particularly St Kilda who have a new coach.

Winning a derby would be nice as well.

Giants finished 16th, lost Taranto, Hopper, Bruhn and Hill and gained Toby Bedford.

Blues, Suns and Saints all missed finals and who knows what they’ll be like next year. Particularly St Kilda who have a new coach.

Winning a derby would be nice as well.
Shame we get Stk in the second half of the year, they will really struggle pre bye with a new coach, no King, Billings and Gresham underdone.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hey briztoon - when will your team visit us like you to.

Since we moved to Optus, those yellow bellied Lions of yours refuse to come here to okay us meaning each year we have to go to that Gabba shithole of yours
Yeah, we figure we’ll probably play in WA from 2025 to 2029, while they build our new stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will win about 5 games. The early part of the season looks really tough.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah that's the big issue with it. We need a good start to build momentum but this fixture the start looks tough. Looking at it we could very well be 1-7. Basically playing the best sides straight up except round 1 against North. Hard to see us beating any of those sides outside round 1

How we getting wins against these more mature sides.

GWS
Freo
Melbourne
Geelong
Port
Carlton
Richmond

Prediction I suspect Simmo gone by round 8.

Last edited:
I hope you will be staying around in that period. From 2025, we will be back competing at the pointy end while your boys will be in a rebuild.
I doubt we’ll be in rebuild mode.

McCluggage, Berry, Rayner, Starcevich, Bailey won’t even be 30 yet.

We’ll get Levi Ashcroft as a father son, and provided they AFL leave the northern academies alone, we’ll hopefully get a few free hits from ours as well over the next 4 drafts.

Yeah that's the big issue with it. We need a good start to build momentum but this fixture the start looks tough. Looking at it we could very well be 1-7. Basically playing the best sides straight up except round 1 against North. Hard to see us beating any of those sides outside round 1

GWS
Freo
Melbourne
Geelong
Port
Carlton
Richmond

Why? Wins and losses won't (or at least shouldn't) be our metric in 2023. If we're 1-7 and still playing insipid football then, yes, Simmo will be gone. But if we're playing attacking football, getting games into the kids, staying reasonably injury free and taking it up to some of these teams for 3-3.5 quarters then Simmo is doing his job.

I would rather be 1-7 after 8 rounds if we're showing positive signs for the future than be 4-4 or 5-3 and staring down a mid-table finish.

Why? Wins and losses won't (or at least shouldn't) be our metric in 2023. If we're 1-7 and still playing insipid football then, yes, Simmo will be gone. But if we're playing attacking football, getting games into the kids, staying reasonably injury free and taking it up to some of these teams for 3-3.5 quarters then Simmo is doing his job.

I would rather be 1-7 after 8 rounds if we're showing positive signs for the future than be 4-4 or 5-3 and staring down a mid-table finish.
Yeah that's not how the AFL systems works. Simmo needs improvement and more wins this season or his done. Just how the AFL washing machine works. Simmo isn't a new coach so doesn't have the credits anymore.

Yeah that's not how the AFL systems works. Simmo needs improvement and more wins this season or his done. Just how the AFL washing machine works. Simmo isn't a new coach so doesn't have the credits anymore.
I agree wholeheartedly that the Eagles need to improve or Simmo's job may be in jeaopardy. I don't agree that wins and losses will or should be the metric that decides his fate in 2023.

GWS
Freo
Melbourne
Geelong
Port
Carlton
Richmond

GWS is winnable.

Freo have had a lot of changes

Port... well which version?

Carlton - see Port

Richmond, they are a mid table team now. Not as scary as they were

We might be 1-7 but there are games in this range we should be competitive in.

GWS is winnable.

Freo have had a lot of changes

Port... well which version?

Carlton - see Port

Richmond, they are a mid table team now. Not as scary as they were

We might be 1-7 but there are games in this range we should be competitive in.

Yeah that's it though. The first 8 games will be a deciding factor in Simmos future. After last season if we are not at least competitive in 5 of those first 8 games his a dead as dead can be. 2023 will be unforgiving in our football department. No 40 point + loses. They were lucky to survive 2022 with our performance onfield. Covid excuse gave this club a break. There's no excuses in 2023. Can you imagine another season like last year. Pressure is mounting big time on us and rightly so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back