Fixture 2023 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

So a derby round 3 means we play North , Home game, Home v Freo then Geelong in Adelaide.

Not bad.

But none of those round 4 games are exciting one bit.

This dumb round is round 5.

Norf in Melbourne
Home
Away Derby
Home (presumably)
Geelong in Adelaide

Norf in Melbourne
Home
Away Derby
Home (presumably)
Geelong in Adelaide

That fixture, if it comes to be true, probably leads to a brutal back-season of travel (the old they have travelled less than the usually do so a brisbane trip, then home game, then GC trip, home again then tassie is actually not that bad trick).

5 weeks, 1 trip to Melbourne and 1 to Adelaide (2 away and 1 neutral game covered off) would be a great result.

And yet I might still feel good if we are 1-4

Norf in Melbourne
Home
Away Derby
Home (presumably)
Geelong in Adelaide

Then we’ll be away round 6 because Freo will have a home game for Anzac Day round.

Two home games and an away derby in the first six rounds means we’ll have nine home games in the remaining 17.

Norf in Melbourne
Home
Away Derby
Home (presumably)
Geelong in Adelaide
Then we’ll be away round 6 because Freo will have a home game for Anzac Day round.

Two home games and an away derby in the first six rounds means we’ll have nine home games in the remaining 17.
I reckon round 4 might be an away game (three in a row at Optus??) which would make round 6 at home

I know this is a Gimmick, but I was thinking about organising a boys trip to see this. I don't get to Adelaide often and would love to check out their stadium.

I'm cooling on the idea though as that fixture is dogshit. Where are the blockbusters? 7 of the 9 games are a 2022 finalist vs a non finalist. That's bound to lead to a lot of boring matches.

AFL have cooked this. Why not have:
-Carlton vs Swans
-Tigers vs Pies
-Lions vs Demons
-Freo vs Geelong

That would be much more exciting

Not wrong, i was legit going to do the same thing.

Head over, play some golf, visit some wineries, watch a bit of football... what's not to like? 🏌️‍♂️⛳🍷:moustache:

Aaand then i see the Fixture, that idea can go straight in the toilet :toilet:

Would rather watch my team get humiliated from my the comfort of my own house, get a zinger box in me, before copping a punch to the back of the head walking through Yagan square later on that evening 💕

Presumably the AFL doesn't want to waste good match-ups on the round because they figure neutrals won't be interested. So either they've completely misunderstood the point of their own freaking round or they're expecting it to fail (or want it to).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubles with Richmond, Carlton, North, Bombers and Crows. Not bad.

Have pretty good match ups at home. Looking at the fixture it's gentle enough to get us a top 8 finish if we stay on the park.

The funky fixture quirks remain. Bombers and Dees have to play us at Optus yet again (I can't remember a season where we didn't have a home game against those two). We play Brissie at the Gabba too - that's the sixth season now and they've never played us at Optus!

Get a trip to Tassie to play Hawks, which is bullshit. WA teams shouldn't go to Tassie. Also play Swans at SCG, so lock that as a loss straight up.

Play two games in Adelaide back to back (one for magic round against Cats and then Crows the next week). Then play Port at AO as well.

North (A)
GWS (H) - 8 day break
Fremantle (A) - 7 day break
Melbourne (H) - 7 day break
Geelong (Gather Round) - 7 day break
Port Adelaide (A) - 6 day break
Carlton (H) - 7 day break
Richmond (A) - 7 day break
Gold Coast (H) - 6 day break
Hawthorn (TAS) - 8 day break
Essendon (H) - 6 day break
Collingwood (H) - 7 day break
Adelaide (A) - 7 day break
Bye
Sydney (A) - 14 day break
St Kilda (H)
Brisbane (A)
Richmond (H)
Carlton (A)
North (H)
Essendon (A)
Fremantle (H)
Bulldogs (A)
Adelaide (H)

My times/days given after Round 15

Doubles - Fremantle, Richmond, Carlton, Adelaide, Essendon, North

Hawthorn in tassie
Still no Brisbane at Optus
Sydney at our other graveyard not in Geelong
Port away after gather round

Rounds 3-8 will be especially testing against finals contenders

Last edited:
A 6 day turnaround between Geelong in Adelaide on a Sunday then port in round 6 on Saturday midday

Strong argument to say we spend the week there rather than come home

Given Fremantle play Adelaide the week before gather round also with a 6 day break, I wonder whether the AFL have discussed this with the WA clubs. Seems too much like a coincidence for it to have happened by accident

North (A)
GWS (H) - 8 day break
Fremantle (A) - 7 day break
Melbourne (H) - 7 day break
Geelong (Gather Round) - 7 day break
Port Adelaide (A) - 6 day break
Carlton (H) - 7 day break
Richmond (A) - 7 day break
Gold Coast (H) - 6 day break
Hawthorn (TAS) - 8 day break
Essendon (H) - 6 day break
Collingwood (H) - 7 day break
Adelaide (A) - 7 day break
Bye
Sydney (A) - 14 day break
St Kilda (H)
Brisbane (A)
Richmond (H)
Carlton (A)
North (H)
Essendon (A)
Fremantle (H)
Bulldogs (A)
Adelaide (H)

My times/days given after Round 15

Doubles - Fremantle, Richmond, Carlton, Adelaide, Essendon, North

Hawthorn in tassie
Still no Brisbane at Optus
Sydney at our other graveyard not in Geelong
Port away after gather round

Rounds 3-8 will be especially testing against finals contenders
Why did they give us a 6 day break from playing Hawks in tassie to Bombers at home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2023 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back