Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying that they’re the only players in the league who average 20+ and a goal? Just trying to clarify

I think that’s the stat I read a few weeks ago on here yeah maybe 1-2 other guys. I’m not 100% sure. If you can be bothered I’d appreciate if you could confirm it.

Petracca and Rozee definitely do.

Yeah so after going through the top 100 players for goal averages which included players with 1 goal averages. It is only Dusty, Trac, Rozee and Bolton who average 20+ disposals and 1 goal a game unless I accidentally missed somebody. It’s elite.

Also as per the AFL stats Dusty is the only one of those 3 classed as a forward. Rest are mids. He’s having a great year and could find a spot in the team as a forward.

EDIT: Confirmed it’s just 4

IMG_2916.JPG

Last edited:
This will be the weakest AA in years. No Oliver due to injury and No Gawn due to Grundy :) So it could be Tim English who gets monstered in the ruck every 2nd week.
It's the team of the season every year, to say it'l be the weakest in years suggests this year is suddenly weaker across the entire AFL compares to other years? Some players might not feature again, but those that get in any given year deserve their spot if they were the best in their position. Some guys have elite seasons and never replicate them again.

Yeah so after going through the top 100 players for goal averages which included players with 1 goal averages. It is only Dusty, Trac, Rozee and Bolton who average 20+ disposals and 1 goal a game unless I accidentally missed somebody. It’s elite.

Also as per the AFL stats Dusty is the only one of those 3 classed as a forward. Rest are mids. He’s having a great year and could find a spot in the team as a forward.
Not sure how much those 20 disposals for Martin are really worth though, considering he's 520th in the league for kicking efficiency (47.3%). Solid bounce-back season, but not enough goals/goal assists to be ahead of the pure mid-sized forwards, or enough meaningful possessions to be ahead of the forward-mids IMO (27th for score involvements).

I reckon De Goey finds his way back in before the season's out...
Where in the team though? Bench maybe?

He hasn't been good enough to get a gig in the midfield and he hasn't been better than any of the three fwds/mids (Trac, Greene & Rozee).

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty has had like 4 good games the whole year. Let alone the fact he's missed a few, got subbed out in one. Gotta be a piss take.
Nah.

Richmond supporters are dead serious.

You've got to understand they only watch Richmond games though, so they have zero point of reference.

I’m pretty
Convinced that half the posters on this site don’t ever watch games of football not involving their teams

Any team that does not have shai Bolton in it but does have miers in it proves my point

Miers for ffs
for ffs

What's worse is they seem to be venturing outside of their Dustin Martin thread now too....

The Collingwood/Geelong supporters must be slacking?? Keep them contained please Fadge Mr Meow

Look there data analysts from champion data that get paid to analyze stats that reckon dusty could be in the aa team

And then there is you

SQUAD

Adelaide
: Walker, Rankine, Dawson
Brisbane: Daniher, Neale, Andrews, C Cameron
Carlton: Curnow, Cerra
Collingwood: N Daicos, J Daicos, Moore, Quaynor, De Goey
Essendon: Merrett, Langford, Martin
Fremantle: Serong, Ryan
Geelong: Stewart, Hawkins, J Cameron
GC: Ballard, Anderson
GWS: Greene
Hawthorn: Sicily
Melbourne: Petracca, May, Viney
North Melbourne:
Port Adelaide: Houston, Rozee, Butters, Allir
Richmond: Taranto
St Kilda: Sinclair, Marshall, Wilkie
Sydney: Gulden
WCE:
Western Bulldogs: Bontempelli, English, Liberatore
Shouldn't Taylor be in for GWS? Bucks and Cornes said this morning that he has podium position and will be hard to displace and they are selectors. BTW not sure I would pick Toby first because he's played some stinkers in finals.

I think the All Australian selectors will say do you prefer Miers or Martin in your team. The answer is obviously Martin.
Or Bolton Vs Martin and they would obviously take Bolton, as long as they aren't living on past hype.

Looking at the heat maps they're pretty similar - if you're calling Martin a forward then Bolton is a forward and same if you classified one as a midfielder.

Bolton is as good as last year when he made it. A lot more scoreboard impact and coaches votes than Dusty. He's had 3 or more combined goals/assists on 6 occasions. That's happened just twice with Dusty. Even Brad Close has done it 7 times. You can't be picked as a forward without having a stack of really high scoreboard impact games.

It's that close between Neale and Taranto (covering 7 midfielders) on the coaches votes leaderboard that one good or poor game can completely swing it.

But I feel like Bontempelli's placement now more fairly reflects his season after his BOG in a losing side while Neale and Merrett were quiet in theirs. Has done it more in losing sides and more on the road this season. Butters and Taranto have screeched to a halt as well, whereas Dawson and Anderson keep chipping away. If De Goey has a fantastic final 6 weeks he could push back in.

Gulden and J.Daicos are getting very close to "lock" category.

Stewart with another BOG performance has now polled coaches votes in 8 games - as a pure defender that's elite. Moore has also polled 8 times. Houston a whopping 9! 6 times for Andrews, 5 for Allir. Sicily 6 times with a few less games. N.Daicos and Sinclair are ahead of this pack in their more hybrid back flanker/stoppage midfielder roles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back