Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily Weitering Wilkie
Sinclair Moore N.Daicos
J.Daicos Neale Gulden
Greene Walker Rozee
Larkey Curnow C.Cameron
Marshall Bontempelli Butters

Petracca Dawson Serong Langford

I'd be pretty bloody happy with this team, outside of another pressure forward it would be a team that would actually work as a 22 instead of the 20 midfielder abominations we normally see each year
This would be mine, except swap Marshall with English.

Goals and assists round 24:

1. Charlie Curnow 96 (78/18)
2. Taylor Walker 92 (76/16)
3. Toby Greene 83 (60/23)
4. Nick Larkey 78 (71/7)
5. Kyle Langford 71 (51/20)
6. Charlie Cameron 69 (53/16)
7. Tom Hawkins 67 (49/18)
8. Jeremy Cameron 66 (53/13)/Aaron Naughton (44/22)
10. Joe Daniher 63 (51/12)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43. Dustin Martin 40 (25/15)

Disposals:
Martin 23.6
Dylan Moore 20.87
Miers 19.04
Greene 17.87
The rest …….

Contested possessions :
Martin 9.75
Heeney 8.64
Owens 8.55
Keays 7.83
The rest ………

Score involvements:
Greene 8.19
Curnow 8.13
Walker 7.86
Martin 7.7
Cameron 7.7
Miers 7.17
The rest ……

Clearances:
Martin 2.85
Stringer 2.65
Papley 2.64
Keays 2.57
Bailey 2.24
The rest ……

Inside 50’s:
Greene 5.10
Martin 5.00
Lukocious 4.4
Miers 4.26
Bailey 3.95
The rest ….

Metres gained:
Lukocious 380
Greene 378
Martin 372
The rest ….

So probably not that relevant to compare him to players who almost never leave the F50.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Weitering is ahead in Marks, One on One Contests, One on One Contest Loss %, Contested Marks, Intercept Marks, Disposals, Rebound 50's and Metres Gained. Would rather someone marking the ball instead of spoiling. Tackles aren't really important for a FB.
Andrews kills more contests through spoiling and intercepts the ball the exact same amount as Weitering (statistically Harris is slightly ahead there too).

You can split those stats down a million ways. But overall Andrews is ahead as pure wall in defence.

I'd argue he is a factor teams plan to avoid more than what they would for Weitering who plays more man on man.

Tbh, I'm not saying Weitering hasn't had a great year and he would be a worthy AA selection. Just that Andrews should be on at least level footing when ranking KPD imo. He's a massive reason why his team finished 2nd on the table.

Langford will be lucky to be in the squad. Lets assume Merrett is there at least in the squad, Nic Matin probably, getting 3 from Essendon seems overkill. I know Carlton did last year but they were in the 8 every week bar one.
Essendons hard to get a read on because they died in the ass so badly. That being said for much of the year they were all fantastic.

Sicily Weitering Wilkie
Sinclair Moore N.Daicos
J.Daicos Neale Gulden
Greene Walker Rozee
Larkey Curnow C.Cameron
Marshall Bontempelli Butters

Petracca Dawson Serong Langford

I'd be pretty bloody happy with this team, outside of another pressure forward it would be a team that would actually work as a 22 instead of the 20 midfielder abominations we normally see each year
Great team. I'd drop Langford personally but he has probably been the one shining lights for the dons*

Andrews kills more contests through spoiling and intercepts the ball the exact same amount as Weitering (statistically Harris is slightly ahead there too).

You can split those stats down a million ways. But overall Andrews is ahead as pure wall in defence.

I'd argue he is a factor teams plan to avoid more than what they would for Weitering who plays more man on man.

Tbh, I'm not saying Weitering hasn't had a great year and he would be a worthy AA selection. Just that Andrews should be on at least level footing when ranking KPD imo. He's a massive reason why his team finished 2nd on the table.
So it's basically just a vibe then? What kind of wall is Weiters? Blended maybe?

Disposals:
Martin 23.6
Dylan Moore 20.87
Miers 19.04
Greene 17.87
The rest …….

Contested possessions :
Martin 9.75
Heeney 8.64
Owens 8.55
Keays 7.83
The rest ………

Score involvements:
Greene 8.19
Curnow 8.13
Walker 7.86
Martin 7.7
Cameron 7.7
Miers 7.17
The rest ……

Clearances:
Martin 2.85
Stringer 2.65
Papley 2.64
Keays 2.57
Bailey 2.24
The rest ……

Inside 50’s:
Greene 5.10
Martin 5.00
Lukocious 4.4
Miers 4.26
Bailey 3.95
The rest ….

Metres gained:
Lukocious 380
Greene 378
Martin 372
The rest ….

So probably not that relevant to compare him to players who almost never leave the F50.

Sorry, Richmond fans are trying to pick him as a forward. Therefore goals and assists are the most important part. I'd rather pick a forward in the AA side with 50+ goals who averages 10-15 touches a game compared to one that has 25 and averages 23

Essendons hard to get a read on because they died in the ass so badly. That being said for much of the year they were all fantastic.

Whilst true can't see any more than Martin and Merrett. If they are picking that medium type Dustin Martin will be picked

James Sicily v Tom Stewart 2022:

Sicily 130 more disposals
65 more marks
50 more contested possessions
24 more contested marks
90 more one percenters
4,500 more metres gained
25 more intercepts
80 more rebound 50’s
55 coaches votes to 38

So of course if you want to analyse ‘totals’ then players who’ve missed a few games would never get selected. But this isn’t what happens.

Deflection and diversion again, you really are a cariaciture.

Who says I thought Stewart had a better season than Sicily? I didn't. It wouldn't have bothered me if he missed out either. But my contention is he was competing with Saad and Maynard as those two were the fringe selections. Or Sicily as a KPD as I suspect those stats would be better than May or Taylor's too.

None of this changes Rozee comfortably winning out on almost every category ahead of Martin. Rozee playing every game and thus building that lead on stats and coaches votes adds to his case, of course it does.

Langford will be lucky to be in the squad. Lets assume Merrett is there at least in the squad, Nic Matin probably, getting 3 from Essendon seems overkill. I know Carlton did last year but they were in the 8 every week bar one.
Tracc not enough goals for me to slide into the fwd line. Esp when you've got 3 non kpfs with 50+

Greene Curnow Langford
Walker Larkey Cameron

That's my fwd line

Whilst true can't see any more than Martin and Merrett. If they are picking that medium type Dustin Martin will be picked
Martin won't make the squad. Merrett and Langford will. Langford finished fifth in total goals and assists, if not for bad kicking on Friday he'd have finished fourth. Saying he'll be "lucky to make the squad" is blatant bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tracc not enough goals for me to slide into the fwd line. Esp when you've got 3 non kpfs with 50+

Greene Curnow Langford
Walker Larkey Cameron

That's my fwd line

The issue I have with Langform and this isn't on him, but vaguely remember him not playing FWD a few games. They will just pick Martin if they want that type. I agree on Petracca, bench spot is the ideal position.

I dont think nic martin gets in. Dropped away too much at times.
Dusty v langford for HF perhaps. Hard to ignore 51 goals from langford though

All 3 of the wingers deserve to be in the squad and they probably pick Gulden and J Daicos in the side. They may pick Merrett off a wing but I hate it, would rather reward the two wingers.

Martin won't make the squad. Merrett and Langford will. Langford finished fifth in total goals and assists, if not for bad kicking on Friday he'd have finished fourth. Saying he'll be "lucky to make the squad" is blatant bullshit

Martin makes the squad, team is another thing but he probably gets in the squad, will be him and Tarranto from Richmond in the 40 man. Whether we like it or not you usually need a year before selectors notice you the following year. I won't be shocked if Langford misses, there's stats and then there are stats

The issue I have with Langform and this isn't on him, but vaguely remember him not playing FWD a few games. They will just pick Martin if they want that type. I agree on Petracca, bench spot is the ideal position.
That's completely stupid. He's been the best medium forward in the league by the length of the Flemington straight, and only Greene has been better as a small forward. Cameron and Langford 50/50. Saying he'd be lucky to make the squad is like saying Rozee would be lucky to make the squad.

It was one or two games early when our talls went down.
And even then he swung fwd.

I dont know where this talk of defender moved fwd has come from
In his career he's played back 1-2 games.
Has been a fwd day 1, did a bit of middle/wing time, but has always gone fwd.
Only had 2 goalless games this year (one when he went back, the other was the geelong smashing at gmhba).
Has 14 games as a multiple goal kicker.
9 were 3+

Has twice the goals and marks inside 50 over dusty

Do concede though, its dusty and the AA selectors are who they are

That's completely stupid. He's been the best medium forward in the league by the length of the Flemington straight, and only Greene has been better as a small forward. Cameron and Langford 50/50. Saying he'd be lucky to make the squad is like saying Rozee would be lucky to make the squad.

Each to their own, don't be surprised if he's not there, we know how these selectors work. Won't be the first or last person to have a great year and not get in a squad in their first breakout year.

All 3 of the wingers deserve to be in the squad and they probably pick Gulden and J Daicos in the side. They may pick Merrett off a wing but I hate it, would rather reward the two wingers.
Yeah..if they go pure position selections, gulden and daicos take the wings

Merrett the winger intrigues me.
Maybe something essendon can look into and then invest in some bigger grunt inside (caldwell, hobbs and setterfield perhaps)

It was one or two games early when our talls went down.
And even then he swung fwd.

Do concede though, its dusty and the AA selectors are who they are

Just remember them as I bet on the bloke early, he's had a fantastic year, I just know how these selectors work. Least they might pick a winger this year, the Mills who is as fast as my nana down at the shops on a wing last year took the cake there.

So it's basically just a vibe then? What kind of wall is Weiters? Blended maybe?
No need to throw your toys out of the cot buddy.

Andrews has intercepted the ball more than Weitering and killed more contests as a defender this year. As a defender I think both those are key stats to judge. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Yeah..if they go pure position selections, gulden and daicos take the wings

Merrett the winger intrigues me.
Maybe something essendon can look into and then invest in some bigger grunt inside (caldwell, hobbs and setterfield perhaps)

I'd be disasppointed if Gulden and JDaicos are not on the wings, this is the one year wingers have torn the competition apart.

Merrett could play anywhere, the introduction of Hobbs and more so next year when he's ready to take that step will be crucial

No need to throw your toys out of the cot buddy.

Andrews has intercepted the ball more than Weitering and killed more contests as a defender this year. As a defender I think both those are key stats to judge. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here.
Your self awareness is off a bit here, I'm just chatting some footy over my coffee, not sure why you think I'm upset.

Weitering has more intercept marks and contested marks, he also loses less one on one contests. I'll take that guy over the spoil first defender.

Just remember them as I bet on the bloke early, he's had a fantastic year, I just know how these selectors work. Least they might pick a winger this year, the Mills who is as fast as my nana down at the shops on a wing last year took the cake there.
True on the selectors.
I reckon langford has got himself in the spotlight a bit though

My gauge is who Darcy is fawning over. So a good chance for Langers. Though dusty is dusty

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back