Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

why is he on the AA selection panel?

Probably because he played 300 games at AFL level, is a two time All Australian himself, a premiership winner, and a four time best and fairest winner at one of the best performed teams during the period in which he was winning them, and has since spent the best part of a decade in the media deliberately winding up people like you who believe that every decision made in football - even the ones that have no connection to Richmond - are part of a broader anti-Richmond conspiracy.

So Tim Taranto is equal 6th favourite for the brownlow,

averages 28.8 possessions and 0.8 goals per game
ranks 7th in total tackles
ranks 9th in total stoppage clearances
ranks 4th in total disposals
Ranked 9th in total clearances
ranked 10th in total contested possessions

But one AA selector made a silly call that he was not in the top 200 players in the league
do to make sure he did not look ridiculous he made sure he did not make the AA squad

Complete farce
4th for total disposals, but 64th for effective disposals, not kidding.
Screenshot_20230829-095248.png

Probably because he played 300 games at AFL level, is a two time All Australian himself, a premiership winner, and a four time best and fairest winner at one of the best performed teams during the period in which he was winning them, and has since spent the best part of a decade in the media deliberately winding up people like you who believe that every decision made in football - even the ones that have no connection to Richmond - are part of a broader anti-Richmond conspiracy.
Nah Kane was winning them when we were horrible. Under a dubious club voting system. Probably deserved maybe 1 of those 4 best and fairest at best. The guy is a shit stain.

Cripps is lucky.

Merrett has been sensational this season.

And 24 disposals from Newcombe is more impactful than 35 from Taranto most weeks. Pure accumulators generally aren't viewed favourably by All Australian selectors historically.
Wasn’t going to chip in with my opinion about TT bc I’m obviously biased but I cannot stand comments like this.

He kicked 19 goals for the season more than any other pure midfielder other than Bont who also had 19. What’s more impactful than kicking the goals yourself? 🤣🤣🤣

He won a BnF when we made a GF, also without him we probably wouldn’t have won the 2004 premiership, to suggest he wasn’t a great is crazy
Well that's the one he may have been close to deserving. His post 2007 football was disgraceful. Selfish chip scab 9 iroin dinky kicks, round the back easy possession only care about his game dross. Always rated Chad as a footballer, but in general the Cornes family are a virus.

His playing resume is fine but i will say when you go down the shock jock and troll route (no one can argue he does this) it effects credibility imo.

Well that's the one he may have been close to deserving. His post 2007 football was disgraceful. Selfish chip scab 9 iroin dinky kicks, round the back easy possession only care about his game dross. Always rated Chad as a footballer, but in general the Cornes family are a virus.
He was AA in 2009 and deserved his BnF, 2010 Cornes deserved it as the top 3 was him, Chaplin and Carlile. Cornes every day over Troy Chaplin.

Only one you can say he didn’t deserve was 2012, we all know Brad Ebert should had won.

He was a great though, came third in the norm smith medal votes in 2004

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Essendon, the first half of the year Merrett was probably favourite to be the AA captain.
That has probably swung to Cripps now.

Merrett and Redman should make the 22.
Merrett was never favourite for captaincy, and it's definitely not going to be Cripps.

It's only out of Bont, Moore and Greene.
Greene would be my pick

Think Toby Greene has a legitimate shot at the captaincy

Been massive this year both in on field performance and leadership

HAHAHA come on now.

You're using disposal efficiency as a reason lets go
Taranto for the season 59%
Career
Fyfe 68%
Mitchell. 71%
Danger 65%

so, you're flat out incorrect.

Taranto is ranked in the 430's for kicking efficiency this year.....garbage. Good player but lets be realistic
Lets be honest - Richmond supporters are just trying to justify putting their clubs prospects back 10 years by trading for Hopper and Taranto.

Taranto is a good player. That's where it ends though.

Nah Kane was winning them when we were horrible. Under a dubious club voting system. Probably deserved maybe 1 of those 4 best and fairest at best. The guy is a s**t stain.

Just checked - he won 1 in a grand final year. I thought a couple of them came before it.
He might be a shit stain but he is as qualified as most to have a view on the game

His playing resume is fine but i will say when you go down the shock jock and troll route (no one can argue he does this) it effects credibility imo.

Agreed but to keep his job for this long there generally has to be a grain of truth to the contrarian views you peddle as part of your schtick and while I generally come from the other side of the spectrum to him with what I think about footy I can usually see where the seed of his statements come from.

His Taranto comment about him ranking 400th or whatever: obviously thats a gross exaggeration as to where he actually sits in the competition pecking order and was said with no genuine basis BUT it was borne of the fact that he isn’t nearly as good a player as his team needs him to be to justify the investment.

Agreed but to keep his job for this long there generally has to be a grain of truth to the contrarian views you peddle as part of your schtick and while I generally come from the other side of the spectrum to him with what I think about footy I can usually see where the seed of his statements come from.

His Taranto comment about him ranking 400th or whatever: obviously thats a gross exaggeration as to where he actually sits in the competition pecking order and was said with no genuine basis BUT it was borne of the fact that he isn’t nearly as good a player as his team needs him to be to justify the investment.

I'm perfectly happy with the trade. Would do it again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2023 All Australian Team Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back