Prediction 2023 - Best 23

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm both shock and appalled, i'm shappalled, at the absence of Nathan Murphy from so many peoples' starting 23. He was fantastic for us last year and as brave as they come. If he's not in our senior team in round one I'll go he.
You're he. In our best side, I see it as a question or either Howe or Murphy. Can't see us playing both of them as a starting 18 player as we need three running backs (say IQ, Bruz and Crisp) and if we learnt anything last year it was that the Moore, Howe, Murphy as the intercepting defender combination struggles against teams with two quality tall forwards, so I see one of Kelly, Dean or Frampton being given every chance to play and develop as a tall intercepting defender in our best side - if that fails, then I can't see how we'll overcome those teams with two key forwards. I can't see either Howe or Murphy playing as a running back instead of IQ, Bruz, Pendles, Nobes, Naics or WHE. Playing one of Howe or Murphy in the starting 18 and the other on the bench restricts our flexibility through the interchange, I anticipate that our best side will have a bench with greater skill and flexibility - so, as much as I like both Howe and Murph as players, I sincerely hope that our best side this year only has one of them in it.

My best 23 for Round 1:

Howe, Frampton, Maynard
Pendles, Moore, Naicos
Jaicos, Mitchell, Sidebottom
Elliot, McStay, JDG
McCreey, Mihocek, Ginni

Cox, Adams, Crisp

IQ, Noble, AJ, Lippa & Super sub Carmichael.

I think we’ll play 2 of Ginni, McCreey or Hill.

AJ has to play if Cameron and Freddie don’t play. I want two talls forwards at most times.
No Quaynor? Whoops just saw him there. My IQ is dwindling as I age👍

It’s all up to Sidey. If he is stubborn and wants the frontline positions he will fall off the slope pretty quickly. His covering the ground has become glacial. His disposal has always been a myth and trying to do the cutesy little dink kicks is starting to get him in to trouble.

I see one saving grace for Sidey. He could easily kick 40+ goals a season. He still has the best goal sense I’ve seen since Eddie Betts. And that could happen for at least 3 more years. But it’s whether he wants to play that role.

Unfortunately, I think his ego will end up playing the bad guy in this and curtail him from eeking out a few more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never seen anything from Steele that would indicate his "ego will end up playing the bad guy". He has had a career based on team and selflessness. There are also 2 myths regarding his disposal. The first is the commentator myth which talk of his disposal as at the absolute elite end. The other is the myth of a cohort of supporters who seem to multiply isolated examples of poor disposal to paint him as average or below average. He is somewhere between the two, and I think the commentators are closer to the mark.

For the first time in years this is a difficult job. Usually we know the 22 and then there were Browns, Thomas, Madge type players next in line who were never really pushing for spots. I think we finally have good players who will miss a spot in the 22. We have no star forwards but a whole heap of good ones.

Noble Frampton Howe
Quaynor Moore Maynard
J Daicos N Daicos Crisp
Elliott Mihocek McCreery
Johnson McStay Ginnivan

Cameron De Goey Adams

Pendles, Mitchell, Lipinski, Cox... sub Carmichael

emg: Richards, Krueger, Sidey, McInness
Slick - what have you seen at Training to give you such optimism Richards is so close to best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: Jeremy Howe ~ Billy Frampton ~ Brayden Maynard
HB: Isaac Quaynor ~ Darcy Moore ~ Scott Pendlebury

M: Josh Daicos ~ Tom Mitchell ~ Steele Sidebottom
R: Darcy Cameron ~ Nick Daicos ~ Jordan De Goey

HF Jack Crisp ~ Dan McStay ~ Patrick Lipinski
F: Bobby Hill ~ Brodie Mihocek ~ Jamie Elliott

I/C: Taylor Adams ~ John Noble ~ Jack Ginnivan ~ Mason Cox
Sub: Will Hoskin-Elliott

R: Darcy Cameron ~ Nick Daicos ~ Jordan De Goey

HF Jack Crisp ~ Dan McStay ~ Patrick Lipinski

I/C: Taylor Adams ~ John Noble ~ Jack Ginnivan ~ Mason Cox
Sub: Will Hoskin-Elliott
This could be very close I reckon.

R: Darcy Cameron ~Jack Crisp ~ Jordan De Goey

HF Beau McCreery ~ Dan McStay ~ Patrick Lipinski

I/C: ~Nick Daicos Taylor Adams ~ Jack Ginnivan ~ Mason Cox
Sub: Will Hoskin-Elliott/John Noble

Nick Daicos to be the 7th DEF but also get mid minutes
Gin just on the edge of the team

If we go by todays match sim and add in those who should play thats rehabbing..

Howe, Frampton, Maynard
IQ, Moore, Crisp
Sidebottom, De Goey, Josh Daicos
Cameron, NDaicos, Mitchell
Lippa, Mcstay, Elliott
McCreery, Mihocek, Ginnivan
INT: Hill, Adams, Noble, Pendles
Sub: WHE

I forgot about Coxy, trying to find space in the team.

Last edited:

Howe, Frampton, Maynard
IQ, Moore, Crisp
Lippa, Mcstay, Elliott

I forgot about Cox, trying to find where I put him lol
I think on your team there Jen cox plays ahead of hill if you have both McCreery and ginni playing. Still feel hill and mcreery are fighting for the same spot

I think on your team there Jen cox plays ahead of hill if you have both McCreery and ginni playing. Still feel hill and mcreery are fighting for the same spot
Ginni was on team B, but I just figure thats just a numbers thing, as Ginni will play. But it also appears both McCreery and Hill were in Team A
Cox played ruck in the first quarter, but without cameron it was hard to decide if its gonna be 1 ruck and a forward/ruck for stoppages.

So this is a TBD

Howe, Frampton, Maynard
IQ, Moore, Crisp
Lippa, Mcstay, Elliott

Murphy?

Howe, Frampton, Maynard
IQ, Moore, Crisp
Lippa, Mcstay, Elliott

confused-what.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2023 - Best 23