Toast Round 23 = Collingwood 79-78 Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree with that and he is still #1 in the competition for 1 % ers and 3rd for intercepts so not totally crap like some of the experts like Kane think.
He’d won 18 one on ones in a row leading into the Swans game and I’m pretty sure he didn’t lose one in that game.

I think he lost one last night but that was it.

His defensive work is elite. It was his work with ball in hand and intercepting that was down, but that’s been on the improve in the last month.

How many days since your mob have won a final again?
Give yourself an uppercut, flog.
Imagine trying to talk smack about finals to the reigning premiers as an Essendon supporter 😂

There’s a seat reserved for that bloke on the special bus.

Wonder what Longmire thinks about that one. Strange how the advantage at the end is alluded to, but not this one or McCluggage being out of bounds when he set up one of their last 2 goals.
Mcluggage was probably 50/50.

There was also a ridiculous 50 though against Markov that cost a goal

Essentially it's just Carlton lose tomorrow, we take care of business Friday night and Dockers lose to the power next week.

I hate to say this fellas and fellaettes, but the Dockers won't lose that match. They will have Darcy and Treacy back and the Power are generally pretty Shiite in high pressure games.
The Dockers aren’t exactly world beaters themselves when it comes to high pressure games. It’s certainly no given that they’ll win next week.

I want to see some video of Montagna
Sad Friends Tv GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essentially it's just Carlton lose tomorrow, we take care of business Friday night and Dockers lose to the power next week.

I hate to say this fellas and fellaettes, but the Dockers won't lose that match. They will have Darcy and Treacy back and the Power are generally pretty Shiite in high pressure games.

Both Carlton and Freo need to lose both for us to sneak in.

Port still have something to play for in securing a top 2 spot and a home final first up, they wont want to travel to Sydney (potentially twice) so they wont be taking the foot off the pedal against Freo if that's what you're thinking.

If the Stains come out like they did in the second half yesterday then they're a solid chance to knock off the Scum next Sunday. The iffy one is the late game today hopefully the Weagles show up and knock off the Scum this week or its already over.

It's still just a tiny glimmer of hope, but we're in with a shot if we can get the job done against Melbourne on Friday night.

Last edited:
It's amazing that his career has only spawned sub 400 goals for such a talented player.
Was the next big thing when recruited as FS to Bombers. Very disappointing career overall really. Was shocked to see he is 30 with only 380s for goals kicked.
Said last night to my mates, he’s got all the talent in the world but the IQ of a peanut.
If he had a shred of actual footy smarts in that dumb looking head of his he’d have been one of the best forwards of his generation.

Hey Knuckle draggers built this country along with Rock Apes.
It's called passion everyone displays it differently but they all love the club.
It's not passion when our players or coaching staff and recruiters are copping abuse.
These supposed supporters would feel real abuse if they said this shit to my face. Key board warriors.

It's not passion when our players or coaching staff and recruiters are copping abuse.
These supposed supporters would feel real abuse if they said this shit to my face. Key board warriors.

Where is this abuse? Calling players out for poor performances?

Or saying they are playing shite?

I've seen what is deemed abuse on here sometimes and it's often crass critical comments.

All be it I haven't read a gameday thread all season but I've seen peoples calling abuse on people just calling players or team out for poor performances.

Calling Hine out for not recruiting KPP or trading out of every 1st round for minimal returns is not abuse.

Read the main board thread.

What lunacy. Deranged oppo supporters absolutely seething.

They simply will not pay credit where it’s due.
We definitely got the rub of the green late. But all of these idiots have the IQ of a goldfish, and forget 3 quarters of influence the umpires exerted for the Lions prior to that. The net impact of umpiring across the game was certainly in their favour.

Where is this abuse? Calling players out for poor performances?

Or saying they are playing shite?

I've seen what is deemed abuse on here sometimes and it's often crass critical comments.

All be it I haven't read a gameday thread all season but I've seen peoples calling abuse on people just calling players or team out for poor performances.

Calling Hine out for not recruiting KPP or trading out of every 1st round for minimal returns is not abuse.
If you haven’t read the game say thread all year how are you in a position to defend the knuckle-draggers that use it to abuse the players?

Herald Sun today named Moore as the most under the pump player in the competition going into 2025.

A reigning premiership captain should be flying high. But the Pies are on the skids this year and much of the heat for that has been on Moore. His output has been well down and the loss of Nathan Murphy has caused trouble in defence. He’s averaging 2.5 disposals, 1.7 marks, and 1.3 rebound 50s per game less than he did in 2023, and he has been caught out trying to peel off his direct opponents for easy balls too many times. With Murphy gone he’s been needed to play a lockdown role, but that’s not his strength. Leading the biggest club in the land back up the ladder is a big task.
Moores back to his best in the past 5-6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 23 = Collingwood 79-78 Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back