Discussion 2023 Completed teams

Remove this Banner Ad

This may not get the 'complete' stamp of approval but i think im done upgrading

Holding Sheezel, Day, Salem & Humphrey is not ideal but i think my strong midfield partly makes up for that deficiency.

6 trades remain

Screen Shot 2023-06-15 at 1.36.57 pm.png

This may not get the 'complete' stamp of approval but i think im done upgrading

Holding Sheezel, Day, Salem & Humphrey is not ideal but i think my strong midfield partly makes up for that deficiency.

6 trades remain

View attachment 1713118

Upgrade Humphrey when he tops out and close enough for me. Solid team.

Definitely wait a week on that my man. Briggs will rise more than J Cameron for sure, probably scores more as well, and D Cameron going nowhere. But judging by your team, I think you already know that and just wanted to flex (which you've definitely earned)

Edit: Also if you wait a week, and maybe go Madden instead of McAndrew (unless you've already got him) you could probs upgrade Day to someone like Burton after the bye if you're that way inclined

Yeah, thanks. I did know and am unlikely to trade in Jezza.

With that said, Briggs is on the bench so points he scores this week is irrelevant and F6 is my final upgrade (with Jezza being on field meaning an extra scoring player this week and next). Unfortunately, already have McAndrew as my looper (brought in for Sampson Ryan's cash when McAndrew was playing and all the other Sydney rucks were injured).

Got no idea what you mean by upgrading Day to Burton (Burton averages 20+ points less)? Did you mean Houston? If so, a good call but I'll probably hold my remaining trades (only 5) for injury now. I think Day goes at 95+ for the rest of the year which is fine for a D6 (been playing well and getting the ball but a couple of games where he was scored badly due to some unusual errors by foot).

Yeah, thanks. I did know and am unlikely to trade in Jezza.

With that said, Briggs is on the bench so points he scores this week is irrelevant and F6 is my final upgrade (with Jezza being on field meaning an extra scoring player this week and next). Unfortunately, already have McAndrew as my looper (brought in for Sampson Ryan's cash when McAndrew was playing and all the other Sydney rucks were injured).

Got no idea what you mean by upgrading Day to Burton (Burton averages 20+ points less)? Did you mean Houston? If so, a good call but I'll probably hold my remaining trades (only 5) for injury now. I think Day goes at 95+ for the rest of the year which is fine for a D6 (been playing well and getting the ball but a couple of games where he was scored badly due to some unusual errors by foot).
God I did mean Houston sorry. And yeah that makes sense to hold, Day is interesting in that he could be a bargain pick for some, and a necessary upgrade for others

God I did mean Houston sorry. And yeah that makes sense to hold, Day is interesting in that he could be a bargain pick for some, and a necessary upgrade for others

Yeah, for Day I wouldn't trade him in if I didn't already have him. I see him as a 'luxury upgrade' candidate (i.e. your team is complete and you have ample trades in hand or you save a trade or 2 for the final weeks but you don't cop any more injuries so you have the luxury of upgrading your weakest onfield link to an uber premo like Stewart, Sicily, etc)

My point exactly on people chasing perfection this early. There is 24 rounds this season. 10 rounds of carnage with 5 trades in hand? Would be a tough gig to pull off.

Although I do think Guardian can make it work with his team, which is an absoloute cracker.

Thanks for the feedback.

For what it's worth, I normally save about 5 trades for injuries once my team is complete (usually around the byes). Nearly every year (all bar 1 from memory) this has been enough, as it requires you to cop a Long Term Injury more than every second week (which, despite all the complaining about 'carnage' is not as common as you think if you are not picking injury prone players like Yeo, Fyfe, etc).

Obviously, you still have the odd 'miss a game' player but your bench cover is designed to deal with those.

Admittedly, the above team does not have as strong bench cover as I've enjoyed in previous years (though pre-trades I still have Briggs, Weddle and S.Mitchell which together with Ford, Wardlaw, Johnson, etc still allows for plenty of options)

Im Not No Way GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

team is done

5 trades left

just $3,900 in the bank

ranked 3105, I reckon this team is around that mark, nothing special, I'll be very surprised if I climb

1686900841792.png

Concerns:
-D6 Day
-No Def bench cover
-M8 Steele (huuuuuge concern, that damn knee)
-Only 5 trades left and nothing in the bank

I'm confident with the rest:
-Briggs: I think he's the real deal.
-Sheezel: With Hall out of the side, and Wardlaw, Phillips and Thomas in and playing well, Sheez will play down back and seagull had.

Last edited:
team is done

5 trades left

just $3,900 in the bank

ranked 3105, I reckon this team is around that mark, nothing special, I'll be very surprised if I climb

View attachment 1714188

Concerns:
-D6 Day
-No Def bench cover
-M8 Steele (huuuuuge concern, that damn knee)
-Only 5 trades left and nothing in the bank

I'm confident with the rest:
-Briggs: I think he's the real deal.
-Sheezel: With Hall out of the side, and Wardlaw, Phillips and Thomas in and playing well, Sheez will play down back and seagull had.

Chesser at D7 mate pumping out 20-30's for you is your savior.

hero GIF

Have hit my high point for the year and going down hill, so 7 trades left and this is my “final“ team.
Useful cover Weddle, Johnson, JvH on each line
R/F loop with Madden and Cameron
D/F loop with Sheezel and Himmelberg
About 5 M/F loop options.

Might consider spending 2 trades on a Fyfe/JVR upgrade, Steele/Johnson upgrade, or Himmelberg/Weddle upgrade at some stage.

E6417274-8817-4895-9A7C-F15CF99B553B.jpeg

Yeah, I have the worst team here, but it's mine, all mine and DGAF
Got a couple of trades for when my next ruck goes down, but that's it, just gonna straight swap to which ever ruck I can afford when that happens- Briggs was my eighth R2, and next time he plays my longest serving-3 weeks ? :) I been so shit this year, just haven't been able to take it seriously, I do have all the Players I like watching at least, SC spuds a lot of them, but you never know I'm sure we are due for a blue moon soon.

1687091425416.png
12 of them under 5% ownership, a uniquely shit team:cool:

This is my "Completed" side after doing 3 trades this round, I only have three more injury trades for the remainder of the season :straining:

Not much to write home about, but this is the best that I can do after such a poor start to the season

I'm missing a ruck cover, but that's where the injury trades will come in.
There's no point getting a DCam for this cover.

1687091676127.png

Screenshot_20230618_230733_Chrome.jpg

That's me all done after trading Ford to Maric and King Humpa to Sinclair.

Fairly happy with the finished product, but I'm still kicking myself for trading in Jeremy goddamn Cameron this week thinking he was good value.

The alternative to the below is making an extra trade and keeping Humphrey to loop with Cameron at F6, but with so few trades left (four after the above), it probably isn't worth it. Think the beautiful B Bear begins to run out of puff soon, too.

If Johnson is dropped/managed this week, I may have to re-evaluate (or if Sicily somehow gets his ban overturned, I'll consider doing Humphrey, Johnson and Ford to Sinclair, Sheldrick and Maric), but this is likely to be what I go with.

No more suspensions please, for the love of god.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2023 Completed teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back