Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I mean I could do a draft list of fails twice as long if you want to go all the way back to when Tom McDonald was drafted.

Also, why is James Jordon on that list
Under Taylor in the first 40~ picks?

Under Taylor in the first 40~ picks?
Salem meh
JKH failure

Brayshaw meh
Stretch failure

Weid failure
King failure
Hewlett failure

Hannah meh

Baker failure
Spargo meh

Jordan failure

Laurie meh
Rosman failure

Howes looking meh

So acting like it's guaranteed success with every pick from him ain't true.

Salem meh
JKH failure

Brayshaw meh
Stretch failure

Weid failure
King failure
Hewlett failure

Hannah meh

Baker failure
Spargo meh

Jordan failure

Laurie meh
Rosman failure

Howes looking meh

So acting like it's guaranteed success with every pick from him ain't true.

Salem & Brayshaw ‘meh’ ?

Can’t agree with that. Gus is extremely brave. Lacks polish but an important cog across halfback and midfield rotation. Particularly don’t get the hate for Salem on here. Had a rough run with injuries but his best footy has been very good … and important. Good decision maker, quick clean ‘get out kicks’. Big body. Reminds me a bit of Brett Lovett (although Lovey was a better player).

They aren’t A graders but both solid next-tier first 22 players in a top 4 side. That’s nothing to sneeze at.

Your point about Jason Taylor having too many misses in picks under 40 is valid though. That list doesn’t read particularly well.

Last edited:
Salem & Brayshaw ‘meh’ ?

Can’t agree with that. Gus is extremely brave. Lacks polish but an important cog across halfback and midfield rotation. Particularly don’t get the hate for Salem on here. Had a rough run with injuries but his best footy has been very good … and important. Good decisions maker, quick clean ‘get out kicks’. Big body. Reminds me a bit of Brett Lovett (although Lovey was a better player).

They aren’t A graders but both solid next-tier first 22 players in a top 4 side. That’s nothing to sneeze at.
Only bloke you'd consider we missed on taking Brayshaw is De Goey, but even then I'm not gonna say we made the wrong call.

Salem we did pass on Patrick Cripps unfortunately, but plenty of crap in that draft as well. Generally Taylor has selected well with the picks he's had, you can only compare his selections to what other clubs had around the mark and usually his busts haven't lead to us missing guns.

Salem & Brayshaw ‘meh’ ?

Can’t agree with that. Gus is extremely brave. Lacks polish but an important cog across halfback and midfield rotation. Particularly don’t get the hate for Salem on here. Had a rough run with injuries but his best footy has been very good … and important. Good decisions maker, quick clean ‘get out kicks’. Big body. Reminds me a bit of Brett Lovett (although Lovey was a better player).

Brayshaw is only meh coz he was pick 3 and in Salem's case he was traded for Kelly (with Tyson) . I get why we did it but GWS got the better of it with Kelly. Meh sums the trade up well. Not a huge fail but meh.

Only bloke you'd consider we missed on taking Brayshaw is De Goey, but even then I'm not gonna say we made the wrong call.

Salem we did pass on Patrick Cripps unfortunately, but plenty of crap in that draft as well.

Probably going to get howled down for saying this but Cripps is a bit overrated in my view. Big lad, looks imposing, good accumulator, but not enough hurt factor in midfield. Bit of a plodder who doesn’t have the wheels to burst from stoppage.

Probably going to get howled down for saying this but Cripps is a bit overrated in my view. Big lad, looks imposing, good accumulator, but not enough hurt factor in midfield. Bit of a plodder who doesn’t have the wheels to burst from stoppage.
Cripps has heaps of burst, that's how he killed us in those fourth quarter stoppages a few weeks back. You'd take him in a heartbeat over Salem.

Brayshaw is only meh coz he was pick 3 and in Salem's case he was traded for Kelly (with Tyson) . I get why we did it but GWS got the better of it with Kelly. Meh sums the trade up well. Not a huge fail but meh.
I know it was always going to be Kelly going at 3 but imagine if we'd kept it and picked Bont.

Cripps has heaps of burst, that's how he killed us in those fourth quarter stoppages a few weeks back. You'd take him in a heartbeat over Salem.

Was going to tell BaliDemon to get in the lab and educate himself. 😊

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson served a purpose for a couple of seasons, sharing the midfield load with Jones and Vince. Played some good footy during that time.

Salem 160 games including a brilliant 2021 season where he was nominated for AA and was pivotal cog in a premiership back six.

What’s Kelly achieved? Good player but hasn’t set the world on fire. Finals record a bit mediocre. Had a poor 2019 GF.

I’m not unhappy with the deal 8 years on or whatever it is.

Tyson served a purpose for a couple of seasons, sharing the midfield load with Jones and Vince. Played some good footy during that time.

Salem 160 games including a brilliant 2021 season where he was nominated for AA and was pivotal cog in a premiership back six.

What’s Kelly achieved? Good player but hasn’t set the world on fire. Finals record a bit mediocre. Had a poor 2019 GF.

I’m not unhappy with the deal 8 years on it whatever it is.

I reckon Kelly is a gun, would be a perfect compliment to our mids.

You’d take him over Salem sure but compare him to our best mids. Tracc and Clarry sh1t on Cripps.

Glad he's gone was holding us back from winning flags sooner.
Want to get even more pissed off?

Roos also said at one point that if he had to pick between them he would have taken Gus over Petracca
But while Roos had the same top three, he would have taken them in a different order if it were up to him.

“If I had it (the number one pick), I would have taken Angus Brayshaw,” Roosy said.

“But I saw him play every week, I mean my son played with him at the Sandy Dragons… I would have gone personally one Brayshaw, two Petracca and three McCartin.”

Also Toby Greene was originally part of the Kelly/Tyson/Salem trade but we knocked it back.
Melbourne traded GWS Pick 2 (Josh Kelly) and a host of other selections in a packaged deal that saw the Dees acquire Dom Tyson and Pick 9 (Christian Salem) from the Giants.

But Roos has suggested Greene was almost included in that deal, revealing that GWS was willing to give up the highly talented young forward.

Want to get even more pissed off?

Roos also said at one point that if he had to pick between them he would have taken Gus over Petracca

Also Toby Greene was originally part of the Kelly/Tyson/Salem trade but we knocked it back.

Roos was the one who was very keen on Oliver though so he made up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back