Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I mean I could do a draft list of fails twice as long if you want to go all the way back to when Tom McDonald was drafted.

Also, why is James Jordon on that list

It's ok, you prefer a 31 year old 1 legged Lynch over Kozzy and Rivers. Everyone has their own tastes I suppose.

Anyways, wanna talk anything actually remotely realistic about the trade period?

Yeah we traded 8 to Freo for 10 and 28 so they could get in before the Henry bid - which became Kozz and Riv
FFS they should prevent on-trading picks just to make the draft pages easier to read.

Anyway, good catch. So Pick 8 which ended up being Serong became Kozzy and Rivers.

We won't be trading any high picks for players this year, especially 31 year old ones. Will gladly have a bet on that with you if you like? How about, if we trade out any top 20 pick for a 30+ year old player I won't post for a week, and if we don't then you don't post for a week. Deal?

Weird bet, how about we wait for us to be linked to Lynch rather than trying to make one off a discussion about his value brought about by Dazzle asking the question if anyone would be interested in him IF he was available.

Weird bet, how about we wait for us to be linked to Lynch rather than trying to make one off a discussion about his value brought about by Dazzle asking the question if anyone would be interested in him IF he was available.

I didn't mention Lynch. Bet offer is there, up to you if you really believe what you've been posting.

FWIW I'm not sold on trading for Lynch but if we did it I'd have full confidence it's because we thought he was a better use of those picks than taking them to the draft.

In other news sounds like Thomas is most likely going to hang around at North.

It's ok, you prefer a 31 year old 1 legged Lynch over Kozzy and Rivers. Everyone has their own tastes I suppose.

Anyways, wanna talk anything actually remotely realistic about the trade period?

True, just like you prefer Jefferson and Rosman over Lynch, why are you so determined for us not to win another flag? Do you even support Melbourne?

"We threw the kitchen sink at Melbourne in that Trade Period to get up for him, but they loved him as much as we did and didn't budge. They knew who we were trying to get up for, but we had a massive crack at it."

Walls didn't give up on Jackson and was soon travelling to Casey Fields, an hour south-east of the Dockers' Melbourne office, to watch him play in intraclub, pre-season and VFL matches.

There can be 100 grounds around Australia you'd like to be at as a recruiter on a Saturday during the season, Walls said, but he regularly chose to be where Jackson was.

"He was put as a priority that let's sit on him and watch him … he was at the top of the tree from day one," Walls said.

"It gets to a point where you're that convinced and have seen him that many times that there's no doubt, but you are planning to make such an investment from a trade and contract point of view that you've got to be there and watch."

How Freo lured Luke Jackson, and its plan to build a superstar

I don’t begrudge them for coming so hard at a local guy that they were so involved with early in their development but thankfully pick 5 became part of the final trade.

"We threw the kitchen sink at Melbourne in that Trade Period to get up for him, but they loved him as much as we did and didn't budge. They knew who we were trying to get up for, but we had a massive crack at it."

Walls didn't give up on Jackson and was soon travelling to Casey Fields, an hour south-east of the Dockers' Melbourne office, to watch him play in intraclub, pre-season and VFL matches.

There can be 100 grounds around Australia you'd like to be at as a recruiter on a Saturday during the season, Walls said, but he regularly chose to be where Jackson was.

"He was put as a priority that let's sit on him and watch him … he was at the top of the tree from day one," Walls said.

"It gets to a point where you're that convinced and have seen him that many times that there's no doubt, but you are planning to make such an investment from a trade and contract point of view that you've got to be there and watch."

How Freo lured Luke Jackson, and its plan to build a superstar

I don’t begrudge them for coming so hard at a local guy that they were so involved with early in their development but thankfully pick 5 became part of the final trade.

I don’t begrudge Freo for landing him either, he’s going to be a freak. I still find it bizarre they clearly targeted him so early when they have Darcy. Dogga isn’t ever going to be a 199cm midfielder, he’s a ruck who plays as a 4th mid. They must be convinced Darcy will leave this year or next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy had an interesting thought on FC last night. No idea if its even an option but one to watch.

Seeing as we don't have any plans for the Brodie salary spend next season, we trade him and pay his contract for one season (our portion of it). The thinking is that this would up his trade value significantly.

If this is viable. Sydney's pick 11 might come in to play. Just spitballing but Grundy and pick 24 for pick 11.

Sydney are desperate for a ruckman. Gives us more of a war chest to go after Reid if that's still a thing.

Hutchy had an interesting thought on FC last night. No idea if its even an option but one to watch.

Seeing as we don't have any plans for the Brodie salary spend next season, we trade him and pay his contract for one season (our portion of it). The thinking is that this would up his trade value significantly.

If this is viable. Sydney's pick 11 might come in to play. Just spitballing but Grundy and pick 24 for pick 11.

Sydney are desperate for a ruckman. Gives us more of a war chest to go after Reid if that's still a thing.

Don't think Sydney will give us pick 11 for one year of us paying his contract. Would need to be more like 3 years.

Don't think Sydney will give us pick 11 for one year of us paying his contract. Would need to be more like 3 years.

Yeah, it's probably fantasy land - no idea what his value is but Port and Sydney look very keen. If Brodie doesn't express a preference for either one there's potential for us to get back more than what we paid.

The money thing is overplayed. Don't think we'll pay a cent of his contract going forward and if we can't recruit someone off the back of him leaving we'll just pass the cash onto our of our current deals to reduce our load later.

Yeah, it's probably fantasy land - no idea what his value is but Port and Sydney look very keen. If Brodie doesn't express a preference for either one there's potential for us to get back more than what we paid.
No player in history has never not picked a club mate. He will pick one and we will get whatever they have

Big Game Zane had his finger prints all over this win for the Power. Taking marks, kicking goals and setting up his teammates with kicks into the 50.

I try to keep things positive but it feels like every week one or two Talent League broadcasts are effected by technical difficulties. This time it was the sound which disappeared after 5 mins and never returned.

Where does this assumption come from? Money is always needed for ongoing plans, potential trades and contract talks with current players.

Where does this assumption come from? Money is always needed for ongoing plans, potential trades and contract talks with current players.
It comes from the Grundy experiment ending early. I thought it was an interesting proposal if there’s no immediate players available for us to target.

It comes from the Grundy experiment ending early. I thought it was an interesting proposal if there’s no immediate players available for us to target.
The only way a team goes for something like that is if they can't fit the player in themselves or they are going to miss out on another guy they want due to cap issues. Don't think it will be an issue for either side.

Fair enough. I don’t mind a bit of lateral thinking. People poke fun at Hutchy but you can’t say he isn’t a good businessman.

The only way a team goes for something like that is if they can't fit the player in themselves or they are going to miss out on another guy they want due to cap issues. Don't think it will be an issue for either side.
Yeah hilariously it would probably be Collingwood the type to go for that deal, no ruck, tight cap and in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back