Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
28 year old small forward who kind of plays tallish with his leap, I don't mind him as a player but not sure how he fits in our forward line.

Apparently Shane McAdam going to request a trade to us according to SEN.

Good signing if true

28 year old small forward who kind of plays tallish with his leap, I don't mind him as a player but not sure how he fits in our forward line.

We struggled to find a match up for him this season, can take a grab for his size and is a clean upgrade to Melksham in my opinion

Article speaks about the Dees specifically. That came out of nowhere, but don't mind him filling Melk's spot next year.

He is an upgrade

Reading the Crows' board, I imagine either our second (34) or the Grundy pick/s would get this deal done fairly simply.

Don't really care what we do with our mid-late picks since we're already taking 5, 15* and 24 to the draft.

Rucci says McAdam will be playing for the Demons in 2024 if a trade can be done.

“The key point here is that he had a two-year contract offer on the table (from Adelaide),” Rucci added.

“But he doesn't believe Adelaide's the place he should be playing.

“He has put out the feeler to Melbourne, they've put their arms around him, and he'll be playing for Melbourne if the trade can be done which is the next phase of all this.

“But he has quit the Adelaide Football Club.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if we could snag both McAdam and Lynch I'd be thrilled

McAdam for Melksham replacement, imagine if Melk,Fritta and McAdam in the same forward-line

Lynch for BBB and TMac.

Make our foward-line better.

I bloody love Shane McAdam

Reading the Crows' board, I imagine either our second (34) or the Grundy pick/s would get this deal done fairly simply.

Don't really care what we do with our mid-late picks since we're already taking 5, 15* and 24 to the draft.
sorry for the intrusion. I am gutted to lose him as he was a point of difference in our forward line and we don't have a like replacement for him so he will fit in really well with you guys

I would expect a 2nd rounder gets it done

Edit: and I wish him well - liked him as a player and even before at Sturt

sorry for the intrusion. I am gutted to lose him as he was a point of difference in our forward line and we don't have a like replacement for him so he will fit in really well with you guys

I would expect a 2nd rounder gets it done

If he was younger, yeah, or if he wasn't out of contract. It'll be a 3rd rounder I imagine.

If he was younger, yeah, or if he wasn't out of contract. It'll be a 3rd rounder I imagine.
With all of the academy, F/S and compo picks, our second will basically be a third-rounder anyway. Not too fussed – that pick seems about right.

Edit: our pick 34* is our last live pick anyway (before whatever we get for Grundy).

With all of the academy, F/S and compo picks, our second will basically be a third-rounder anyway. Not too fussed – that pick seems about right.

Edit: our pick 34* is our last live pick anyway (before whatever we get for Grundy).
Yeah, I'd be guessing 34 gets it done. I suspect the Grundy pick we get will be slightly higher than this and Adelaide will hold out for it. Will be around that anyway. Not sure Crows have much leverage as McAdam is out of contract. So i can see 34 as a fair trade for a 28 year old small forward.

Well, if the sticking point for McAdam at the Crows is he wants 3 years instead of the 2 they’re offering him, then the Dees are the right club for him.

Adding an extra unwarranted year to forward’s contracts is just what we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back