Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I like it. He's as hard as a cats head. Goes so hard at the ball and is one of the bravest players in the afl.
Like Melk, is decent overhead as well. Likes to kick a goal. One of my best mates is a Crows supporter and he's not happy about him leaving which suggests he'll be a good pick up :)

He got offered 3 years at Adelaide.
Not according to the articles today:
“He has quit the Adelaide Football Club,” Rucci said on SEN SA The Run Home.

“Rejecting a two-year offer when he wanted three.

“He has had talks with Melbourne and will seek a trade to Melbourne.”

He got offered 3 years at Adelaide.

The article I read said 2.

Not against getting him. Quite like him as a player and God knows we need to bolster our forward line.

As long as it’s not a Harmes style 5 year-er, I’m okay with it. That one will forever be a head scratcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

come on mate. I'm never wrong with this stuff :p
Rucci on SEN now clarified that Adelaide upped their offer to 3 years after McAdam had already made up his mind to leave.

We don't need to start filling spots with also ran's, unless they have some specific skills and pace.

But drafting kids with high ceiling, adds something for our future.
Have you seen our forwardline? Been the benchwarmers for a while now.

Will be very happy if we can pull this off. Averages around a goal and a half in a team that hasn't been super strong and in a forward line that has had a lot of competition for touches.

hahaha! sorry. I was also spying to work out what you guys would give for McAdam.

Thoughts on that?

I think pick 34 that we currently have could be around the mark for him as an uncontracted player.

hahaha! sorry. I was also spying to work out what you guys would give for McAdam.

Thoughts on that?
Either our second rounder or whatever Port give us for Grundy would probably get it done.

Love this..

He's a tough little bugger who'll add some extra hardness and creativity into our forward half.

He's pretty much a Melk replacement who's certainly got the vertical leap and marking ability.
This is similar to the Geelong thing of being able to attract solid players for cheap due to the lure of success.

Players who still have a few more years left of good production, but they see their football mortality fast approaching.

Willing to come to Melbourne to be part of some likely success at a discounted cost.

Melbourne should only go for these sorts if they fill an immediate need for Melbourne. Which McAdam would. Maybe not best 23 every week, but would probably play more often than not based on injuries or form.

Some nice stuff there.

What's his defensive work rate like, and ability at ground level?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don’t know but he certainly ticks the courage box. Several highlights there where he puts his body on the line. Nice fluid kicking action too.

183cm so he’s going to be more a mid size forward than a genuine small forward. Really a Melk replacement (as hard as that is to say).

This is similar to the Geelong thing of being able to attract solid players for cheap due to the lure of success.

Players who still have a few more years left of good production, but they see their football mortality fast approaching.

Willing to come to Melbourne to be part of some likely success at a discounted cost.

Melbourne should only go for these sorts if they fill an immediate need for Melbourne. Which McAdam would. Maybe not best 23 every week, but would probably play more often than not based on injuries or form.
Hmm, not sure he's leaving for potential success. Crows are literally a star mid away from competing Top 4. Looks like he's had a falling out with Burgo or some of the fitness crew. Crows were definitely keen to keep him and will be a loss, but it's a position on the ground they can cover. He is a unique player though. Solid defensively, great in the air for a small, quick, nice lead, really solid set shot, loves a goal. Has a lot going for him and is a tough matchup tbh. Has had some injury issues but when he got his shot later this season, he looked really good. Always one of those players i looked at the team sheet when playing Crows and hoped he wasn't on it. Dangerous player. Could become a Stengle type of win for us fingers crossed with minimal cost. Could also become a bust with injuries and lack of consistency. But our small forward options are thin on quality, so he'd most likely be best 22 to start 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back