Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Howes is ready for senior footy IMO, and I hope he replaces Langdon in Round 1 if the latter doesn't have a big summer. Moniz-Wakefield a decent chance too as he improved a heap this year. Turner is ready too, though his best spot is still Lever's role. Woey would give us as much or more than Harmes/Jordon did this year.

I also think that all of the group around our first pick (Sanders, O'Sullivan, Watson etc) would be able to play pretty early. Obviously the dream would be nabbing McKercher, who would come straight into the team on a wing (and rotating inside) initially.
Agree on Turner and Woey although they’ve each had a few games already. I’m not sure on Howes yet - but would obviously be very happy to see him play a few decent senior games next year.

People are sleeping on Joel Smith. The club clearly rate him and will go with a Petty, Joel Smith and JVR forward line. we may go Nate Caddy in the draft and he may play immediately

Yeah theres no secret plan here. We are going to have a boring trade period and try and regenerate our list via the draft.

Im glad to see it.

This team has had enough chances to win another flag over the past two years, no need to sell the future away for this group, **** them. Take our picks at the draft. If the players and coaching staff have a backbone theyll make it work with what we have.

Last edited:

People are sleeping on Joel Smith. The club clearly rate him and will go with a Petty, Joel Smith and JVR forward line. we may go Nate Caddy in the draft and he may play immediately
Not sure about this. The club rated him as a sub until Petty went down and then were forced to play him and never trusted him to be the man without another cooked big bloke being down there with him.

Sounds like Brown and Tmac are hell bent on sucking everything they can from the MFC with them both cooked, adding no value and likely happy to go around another year while they will give * all back and struggle to run out a game at Casey.

If they were calling it quits it’s likely we would’ve heard something by now.
Would you walk away from $500k odd?

Blame the people offering the contracts, not the people honoring them

Would you walk away from $500k odd?

Blame the people offering the contracts, not the people honoring them

We should look to convert one of them into a forwardline coach. That way they arnt flogging up the Casey forwardline impacting Jefferson’s development.

Give one of them a crack at post playing life career, free up a list spot and give us a prop coach up forward.

Last edited:
Just on an interesting one.

I was listening on SEN trade bell few weeks but someone had texted in at the time saying that Melbourne are trying hard to get Riley Thilthorpe. I obviously didn't take much notice of it because many things get said with zero substance on those Trade bells that random people just text in.

Listening to trade radio just then and it was mentioned once again that someone has texted in saying we are trying desperately hard to get Thilthorpe from Adelaide.

Again, I'm not putting any substance to it but it's interesting that it was mentioned again but on a different platform.

200cm key forward who was a pick 2 in the 2020 draft.

Just on an interesting one.

I was listening on SEN trade bell few weeks but someone had texted in at the time saying that Melbourne are trying hard to get Riley Thilthorpe. I obviously didn't take much notice of it because many things get said with zero substance on those Trade bells that random people just text in.

Listening to trade radio just then and it was mentioned once again that someone has texted in saying we are trying desperately hard to get Thilthorpe from Adelaide.

Again, I'm not putting any substance to it but it's interesting that it was mentioned again but on a different platform.

200cm key forward who was a pick 2 in the 2020 draft.
If Crows were willing to let him go I'd do it for a second rounder. Hasn't lived up to his draft pick at this stage but I get the feeling Adelaide won't want to give up on a bloke they obviously rated as the second best kid in the country only three years ago.

We should look to convert one of them into a forwardline coach. That way they arnt flogging up the Casey forwardline impacting Jefferson’s development.

Give one of them a crack at post playing life career, free up a list spot and give us a prop coach up forward.
soft cap would be the issue I assume

Would be a bold move of Riley to leave Adelaide, as he's a local boy and they invested a lot in him.

Had a great debut season but hasn't really come on and has been a victim of Tex's late career resurgence. He's surely next in line though, especially with Himmelberg rumoured to be moving on to GWS.

Just play Tmac in the backline at Casey next year imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels a bit too heavy with Fritsch in there too.

I reckon we need another quality small forward more than a medium.

A much more balanced front six would be:

Pickett Petty Fritsch
McAdam JVR N.Watson

Starting to think we may pull the trigger on the Wizard at pick 5.

Or will the Dogs gazump us at pick 4? Aren’t there rumours they want him?

If Crows were willing to let him go I'd do it for a second rounder. Hasn't lived up to his draft pick at this stage but I get the feeling Adelaide won't want to give up on a bloke they obviously rated as the second best kid in the country only three years ago.
To be honest I barely watch Adelaide games so I wouldn't really know how he's form has been?

All I know from him is that he kicked 5 on debut.

Kicked 18 goals from 21 games this season. Pretty ordinary from a pick 2 in his third season, although he did spend more time with ruck duties.

They’d want pick 13 from us at a minimum. Risky.

Schache was also a pick 2.

Kicked 18 goals from 21 games this season. Pretty ordinary from a pick 2 in his third season, although he did spend more time with ruck duties.

They’d want pick 13 from us at a minimum. Risky.

Schache was also a pick 2.
Schache was traded two years in with similar output for a second and third rounder. Thilthorpe would be worth about the same at this stage.

A much more balanced front six would be:

Pickett Petty Fritsch
McAdam JVR N.Watson

Starting to think we may pull the trigger on the Wizard at pick 5.

Or will the Dogs gazump us at pick 4? Aren’t there rumours they want him?
I hope we don’t go for him with pick 5.

If we grabbed pick 10 I’d be very happy if Watson made it.

To be honest I barely watch Adelaide games so I wouldn't really know how he's form has been?

All I know from him is that he kicked 5 on debut.
Watched a few Crows games and barely noticed him tbh. He averages about a goal a game but kicked 5 of those against Port in round 3.

Anyone would be better than Brown and Tmac though.

Last edited:
I hope we don’t go for him with pick 5.

If we grabbed pick 10 I’d be very happy if Watson made it.

Same. First preference would be to trade up for McKercher or Duursma. Second would be to select O’Sullivan at pick 5. Third Sanders. Fourth Watson. I would avoid Caddy.

Given our pressing forward line needs it would not surprise me though if the club opts for Watson. Pickett and Watson would be genuinely exciting.

Damien Barrett mate.

"open to"

"might be"

Ergo: just making s**t up.

He would know more than you would mate.

Sounds like all things are still up in the air and there are genuine go home factor concerns at play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back