Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
This is how crazy town the Eagles board is on a potential Reid trade.👇🏼 Some guy reckons we trade Clayton Oliver for pick 4 then hand over our entire draft capital for 23/24 over for Reid. Even if it was a just a straight Reid for Oliver offer I wouldn’t even pick up the phone. In fact I’d change my mobile number.

A1D91482-FCE0-4023-93F1-53A7639D3420.jpeg

They are also actively trying to improve their draft hand. Already making a play for GC pick 4, so the carrot of pick 5 may tempt them if they are looking at doing a mini-rebuild on the run with early picks.

The addition of pick 13 is something we’d have to weigh up. Maybe it’s a price worth paying if it provides the missing piece of the flag jigsaw.
Naughtons a bit soft.

So we trade for Naughton with a 1st Rnd pick and allow bullies to grab P4 and have another early pick. thats a way to slip down the list order in the longer term.

Naughtons a bit soft.

So we trade for Naughton with a 1st Rnd pick and allow bullies to grab P4 and have another early pick. thats a way to slip down the list order in the longer term.

He’s not an option now. Manager came out today and said he’s staying put at Dogs.

Sounds like Brown and Tmac are hell bent on sucking everything they can from the MFC with them both cooked, adding no value and likely happy to go around another year while they will give * all back and struggle to run out a game at Casey.

If they were calling it quits it’s likely we would’ve heard something by now.

We would be holding out on paying guys out till after the trade period. Not saying we will, but you’d be silly to do it now.

One of brown / McDonald have to go. The mere false sense of thinking they can contribute is a complete disturbance to our outlook that is already shaky. The most underperforming forward line in the afl.

One of brown / McDonald have to go. The mere false sense of thinking they can contribute is a complete disturbance to our outlook that is already shaky. The most underperforming forward line in the afl.

Surely out of these 2 and Melksham we can get some sort of proper forward line coach happening.

Glad to see Melksham returning. Hopefully back after 10 months and he can get back playing after mid season. Hard to get back to the form he was in after such a long layoff but if he can I’d love to see him in some big finals.

I would do Oliver for Gulden straight swap in a heartbeat

Yes, send in danster on the trade board to get it done. If he refuses hes fired as the boards to negotiator.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not?

I’m serious - all 3 would be better than Stafford and are under contract and unlikely to play in the 1sts.

With extra 500k in soft cap space let’s convert one of them. Get BBB to train the lads day in and day out on how to do a set shot.

Fair fair, thought I would come into see if there was any truth to it.

Wouldn't be a player in the league that I would want more.

All the best for the trade period and next year!
Id do Gulden for Oliver in a second lol Guldens a better footballer. Oliver just gets more disposals.

I would do Oliver for Gulden straight swap in a heartbeat
Crazy to think he was incredibly close to winning the Brownlow this year.

Seriously talented player. His game against us in the last game was off the charts.

This is why the brownlow is flawed because he couldn't even get 3 votes for that performance alone.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy to think he was incredibly close to winning the Brownlow this year.

Seriously talented player. His game against us in the last game was off the charts.

This is why the brownlow is flawed because he could even get 3 votes for that performance alone.
All those awards are ****ing stupid anyway. Buddy Franklin never won one, Scarlett, McLeod, Rance, May, Cameron etc etc. Blokes like Wines, Mitchell, Neale, Fyfe can win them though because they get heaps of stats. Doesn't matter how bad your disposals are.

If the Swans offered us Gulden I'd have Oliver on a plane (at gun point if necessary) and at the front door of the SCG by 10 pm tonight with a big red and white bow on his head.

If the Swans offered us Gulden I'd have Oliver on a plane (at gun point if necessary) and at the front door of the SCG by 10 pm tonight with a big red and white bow on his head.
But but but the disposals?

Oliver has 29 goals in 5 years
Gulden kicked 22 this year.

Gulden averaged 27 disposals a game this year, Oliver has a career average of 29.

Gulden uses the ball wayyyyy better

It's not even a discussion

The top 5 in the coaches award at the end barely changed, so yes he would have found it hard to break into that top bracket.

Lol you use AFL coaches award as a starting point for your argument for being the best AFL player in the comp but then completely disregard Butters because of his finals series?

Fmd you can't continue to move the goal posts to suit your narrative. Is it best in finals now that you'rewanting to rate players on?? Oliver'sfinals series wasnt great either. People get so easily sucked in by stats but against Collingwood he was one of our biggest culprits going inside 50 with poor ball use. This was shown throughout that week in post game analysis on TV and radio.

I've seen Oliver influence finals like he did back in 2021 and he was no where near that level this year.
I'm not disregarding Butters. He's one of the best players in the afl. Has he won the aflca award twice? no. There's such a thing as a body of work you know. Not just basing everything on 1 season. Using that theory 2 years ago Wines would've been better than Bontempelli because he won the brownlow or something like that.

Oliver was nowhere near that level? Being the best player in the game is a pretty hard level to get to. Or do you want Oliver to win the afl coaches award for 10 consecutive years? Also, he missed 10 weeks with injuries so you're basing his season on just the early weeks. I thought he was pretty good against essendon with 20 touches in a quarter despite being tagged by Setterfield. Not sure anyone in the comp can do that.

This is how crazy town the Eagles board is on a potential Reid trade.👇🏼 Some guy reckons we trade Clayton Oliver for pick 4 then hand over our entire draft capital for 23/24 over for Reid. Even if it was a just a straight Reid for Oliver offer I wouldn’t even pick up the phone. In fact I’d change my mobile number.

View attachment 1820057
Oliver aside, honestly at what's been touted by the media as the price for pick 1 I'd be annoyed if we traded for it. Like on trade radio today they mentioned us trading up to pick 10 then using 5+10+13 for pick 1. That's just an absurd price to pay to move up 4 picks, just keep the picks, if we can solidify our draft hand to something like the above picks just back in our recruiting team and pick 3 good young kids.

Maybe we add another elite mid, an elite small forward and another key fwd or a future May replacement or something like that. We arent gonna be blessed with this strong a draft hand again unless our performance drops off and this is how we extend our window. Thats assuming there's no way for us to get some rdy made forwards/ players with the picks except McAdam.

Like if we were gonna offer WCE 3 top 15 picks, what's to say they say no if we offer that for Oscar Allen, he'll be 27-28 by the time WCE are competing for finals. I don't understand why we wouldn't be using the Grundy money to entice someone like him or Ben King or Larkey etc. Maybe it isn't possible but I rly hope we're at least trying. 🤔

Who cares if Gulden is a better ball user. They are totally different players. Ones a contested beast the other is a guy who is mainly outside. Also how often down Oliver go forward?? Gulden spends a fair amount forward.
I’d love a Gulden but I wouldn’t be trading Clarry for him IMO.
Well they are both midfielders. Contested footy is completely useless if you just give it back to the opposition. Gulden spends a fair amount of time forward? What? So he's way more versatile as well because Oliver can't play forward he sucks there. Thanks for another reason to get him.

Obviously Viney/Brayshaw are better than Daicos because contested footy > actually using the ball.

Well they are both midfielders. Contested footy is completely useless if you just give it back to the opposition. Gulden spends a fair amount of time forward? What? So he's way more versatile as well because Oliver can't play forward he sucks there. Thanks for another reason to get him.

Obviously Viney/Brayshaw are better than Daicos because contested footy > actually using the ball.
So let’s just get all uncontested players then. Because they use the ball better. I’ll take this thanks.

And Clarry isn’t finished yet.

checks BigFooty Wow, there's four new pages in the trade thread since I checked it this afternoon, must be some really interesting new info...... Nope, just speculation (again) about Oliver they will never happen, and some random West Coast guy arguing with BaliDemon.

Sigh. When does trade period finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back