Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Results: Grand Final New
Congratulations to Demon Attack (73.3%), a worthy winner of the Fantasy Draft Comp!

Bracket (6).png

Demon Attack your badge will be organised soon. Thanks everbody for playing, this thread was the most fun I've had on BF in a long time :love:

Last edited:
Sam Fisher - The bags will flow!

Dory_77 you're up mate.

I'll take Richard Douglas

Toump Ass

Scythe94 can we have 23 selections so we can pick a sub?
Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football
Scythe94 just realised this is a terrible idea as it skews the draft without an even number of rounds. So we need 1 sub + 3 emergencies. Thanks for being such a gigachad mod.
Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Scythe94 just realised this is a terrible idea as it skews the draft without an even number of rounds. So we need 1 sub + 3 emergencies. Thanks for being such a gigachad mod.
Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ
Yeah, the evenness of the draft is an issue.

Can either leave as is, or do two extra rounds – one for a sub, one for a coach. I'll let you all decide

I'd prefer to leave it as is as I've selected assuming it's simply a team of 22, but if others want to extend then that's fine.
Yeah, me too. Just thought I'd let others put forward their opinions

I'd prefer to leave it as is as I've selected assuming it's simply a team of 22, but if others want to extend then that's fine.
So you're telling us you not up for selecting the reserves team?

I'm ready to go full club list.

In fact I've already got my boot studder selected.

Stats update:

Cromantics:

4 - A11: Sean Wellman, Scott Welsh;Jason Porplyzia; Kurt Tippett

3 - Bluelegs: Brett Burton, Andrew McLeod, Bernie Vince; Johnny Karate: Nathan Bassett, Tyson Edwards, Jack Gunston; Kent: Stiffy, Scott Thompson, Nigel Smart

2 - Demon Attack: Mark Bickley, Tony Godra; Toumpass: Ben Hart, Jake Lever; Dory: Marty Mattner, Mark Ricciuto; Crimson: Patrick Dangerfield, Daniel Talia; Dancing Potato: Taylor Walker, Rory Laird; schmuttt: Charlie Cameron, Ben Rutten; Les: Ronnie Burns, Mindset

1 - Young Redleg: Eddie Betts

0 - Theseventhhamster; Scythe94

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats update:

Cromantics:

3 - Bluelegs: Brett Burton, Andrew McLeod, Bernie Vince; Johnny Karate: Nathan Bassett, Tyson Edwards, Jack Gunston; Kent: Stiffy, Scott Thompson, Nigel Smart

2 - Demon Attack: Mark Bickley, Tony Godra; Toumpass: Ben Hart, Jake Lever; A11: Sean Wellman, Scott Welsh; Dory: Marty Mattner, Mark Ricciuto; Crimson: Patrick Dangerfield, Daniel Talia; Dancing Potato: Taylor Walker, Rory Laird; schmuttt: Charlie Cameron, Ben Rutten; Les: Ronnie Burns, Mindset

#KickaVic

Stats update:

Cromantics:

2 - Demon Attack: Mark Bickley, Tony Godra; Toumpass: Ben Hart, Jake Lever; A11: Sean Wellman, Scott Welsh; Dory: Marty Mattner, Mark Ricciuto; Crimson: Patrick Dangerfield, Daniel Talia; Dancing Potato: Taylor Walker, Rory Laird; schmuttt: Charlie Cameron, Ben Rutten; Les: Ronnie Burns, Mindset

:sneaky:

So the original plan I had for the tournament was this:

Round 1: Seven random H2H matchups head to a 24-hour poll, seven winners proceed to Round 2. Poster with the largest margin of victory moves ahead to Round 3.

Round 2: Three head-to-head matchups, three winners proceed to Round 3.

Round 3: Two H2H matchups, two winners proceed to Round 4 (Grand Final).

Round 4: Grand final, winner takes home the coveted golden draft badge.

That's what seems the fairest as we can't do a traditional bracket with 14. If we're cool with that, the next step is picking one of the following.

a. Open poll created for all board members to vote in a separate thread.

b. Open poll created in this thread (might get a couple of other voters, but will mainly be participants)

c. Anonymous poll created in this thread (as above, might get other voters, but would potentially help reduce biases)

d. Participants post their vote + rationale (kinda like this, but can understand if people don't want to open up the potentially wild banter that would follow).

Happy to go with whatever. Each match will have teams posted with a bit of a write-up (pending how much time + energy I have).

Benefit of poll obviously is that you won't know how others have voted before casting yours

So the original plan I had for the tournament was this:

Round 1: Seven random H2H matchups head to a 24-hour poll, seven winners proceed to Round 2. Poster with the largest margin of victory moves ahead to Round 3.

Round 2: Three head-to-head matchups, three winners proceed to Round 3.

Round 3: Two H2H matchups, two winners proceed to Round 4 (Grand Final).

Round 4: Grand final, winner takes home the coveted golden draft badge.

That's what seems the fairest as we can't do a traditional bracket with 14. If we're cool with that, the next step is picking one of the following.

a. Open poll created for all board members to vote in a separate thread.

b. Open poll created in this thread (might get a couple of other voters, but will mainly be participants)

c. Anonymous poll created in this thread (as above, might get other voters, but would potentially help reduce biases)

d. Participants post their vote + rationale (kinda like this, but can understand if people don't want to open up the potentially wild banter that would follow).

Happy to go with whatever. Each match will have teams posted with a bit of a write-up (pending how much time + energy I have).

I like the idea of opening it up to more voters but I do also like the idea of anonymity to reduce any bias.

1156287.jpg

Also Toump Ass – your pick is due in by 10:46 am (AEST) in the morning. Sleep well, friends

Hi
Sorry I was at a concert.
BEN BROWN PLEASE!!!

Also I need Hot Toddy Goldstein as my ruck, and Flog Dog Jackson on the bench <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Melbourne Board AFL-Wide (1990 Onwards) Fantasy Draft Comp – Winner: Demon Attack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back