Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Think you are forgetting that he negates other players in our team by getting those numbers
how so?

Tell me how it's Oliver's fault that our forward kick 17 behinds against Carlton. And horrendous kicking for goal against Collingwood. If our forwards actually kicked straight, we win the flag and clarry would be the best player of the finals and probably wins the norm. Don't blame bad kicking for goal on clarry.

we lost by 7 and 2 points due solely to poor goal kicking. Clarry should be lauded. if everyone cracked in like him and defended with purpose the games wouldn't have even been that close.

Last edited:

2 years vs 5 but yeah I see the point. Just reckon us getting Naughton is as likely as us trading Oliver

I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, there is a tipping point. But that contract would want to be heavily weighted in our favour. Basically risk free. None of this 10% to 20% off. 50% at least.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, there is a tipping point. But that contract would want to be heavily weighted in our favour. Basically risk free. None of this 10% to 20% off. 50% at least.
Whats the tipping point with picks vs salary.
So say they cover 50% but we have to give pick 25?

Or if it's 10% but they take pick 60 whatever

A chance of missing Naughton is no justification to make the exact same mistake we just made with Grundy.

So wait for Naughton, likely miss out or he re-signs at dogs, then what?

I never suggested making another Grundy-esque mistake. Not sure what that’s got to do with what I said.

Whats the tipping point with picks vs salary.
So say they cover 50% but we have to give pick 25?

Or if it's 10% but they take pick 60 whatever

Nothing Offer GIF

They get nothing off me better than a future third. Very much a take it or leave it, heavily on our terms as I said.

So wait for Naughton, likely miss out or he re-signs at dogs, then what?

I dont know, have extra cap space to pick up someone better than Lobb???

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark wrote a trade article earlier tonight and I think old mate from Twitter has just stolen the story from him. Dogs have plenty of talls and didn’t even need Lobb when they got him. Plus adding Croft this year. No doubt he’ll be on the trade table. They gotta sign a few players over next few years. Smith Naughton Bont.

Why are we suddenly talking about Rory Lobb in the last hour as though we actually have any interest?

Going back to the original post you quoted and see why. Legs said we would be better off letting Lobb thru to the keeper and putting the Dogs under cap pressure to have a crack at Naughton.

Jay Clark wrote a trade article earlier tonight and I think old mate from Twitter has just stolen the story from him. Dogs have plenty of talls and didn’t even need Lobb when they got him. Plus adding Croft this year. No doubt he’ll be on the trade table. They gotta sign a few players over next few years. Smith Naughton Bont.

English and Naughton are the two that are up next year that will cost them a fortune.

There was a bit of talk around that Smith could be traded a while back, id absolutely be looking to offload him. Overrated ball butcher.

English and Naughton are the two that are up next year that will cost them a fortune.

There was a bit of talk around that Smith could be traded a while back, id absolutely be looking to offload him. Overrated ball butcher.
We should offer our first for him. So many disposals and metres gained.

We should offer our first for him. So many disposals and metres gained.

My head would fall off before round 5 with Clarry, Trac, Viney, Gawn and Smith going round in the same midfield.

My head would fall off before round 5 with Clarry, Trac, Viney, Gawn and Smith going round in the same midfield.
You can't see the bigger picture. We'd absolutely smoke the coaches award and expected premiership

Haven't you heard mate. Oliver is the source of all our problems.
Lol apparently. Def wasn't our undermanned fwd line, our kicking for goal or our fwd line structure. I guess i see qhere theyre coming from, after all, Clarry delivers every ball into the 50 and is also responsible for all 17 behinds against Carlton. Honestly you'd think we finished 8th and lost the elimination final by 15 goals the way ppl are carrying on.

Cannot believe the talk in here, I never I my wildest nightmares thought so many melb fans were this stupid. Like you go from beloved, one of the best in the comp in the first premiership in 57 yrs to suddenly being trade bait because he did his hammy.

There are certain guys in this team who should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as trade, all of which should retire in a Dees uniform: Gawn, clarry, viney, trac, lever, may, fritsch. I'd have said Salem too but he hasn't been the same the last couple of yrs. Gus & Petty should prob be on that list too and Kozzy if he got the best out of himself and stopped flying for speccies he'll never take would prob be on the list. Anyways I'm not gonna bother discussing clarry anymore coz it doesn't merit more than a sentence let alone 3 long posts but I guess I'm bored.

Got to love the media.

See us as needing a forward so now we are linked to every NQR forward in the league.

By the end of this trade period it will be

Out: Oliver, 5,13,F1, Grundy 24
In: Lynch, McKay, Lobb, Williams, Flynn

FB: Adams. Turner. Petty.
HB: Tomlinson. May. Lever.
M: Jefferson. Gawn. Schache.
HF: B.Brown. McKay. Lobb.
FF: JvR. Lynch. Tmac.
RR: Petracca. Pickett. Williams.

Bench: Flynn. Spargo (gets a run so he doesn’t leave us). Verrall. some VFL tall plodder or DFA spud like Plowman

Perfect for Goodwins bombing strategy and Petracca booting it 50m in the air for it to travel 5m kicks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back