Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Other Dodoro things :tearsofjoy:

Essendon is asking Port Adelaide for a first-round pick in return for young defender Brandon Zerk-Thatcher.

Looks like a rubbish twitter, but hey it's about trades for a change...

Would be very like us to bail out one of our rivals stupid list management decisions.

I really don’t rate Lobb. However if we got him for a nothing pick I could live with it.

Dogs paid 2 seconds for him.

Depends how much of that ridiculous contract we are paying. Wouldnt touch him if we are paying more than 300k pa

JFC are you guys still talking about trading Clarry??? Let it rest ffs. How is this board still discussing this, i came in here 2 weeks ago and y'all were talking bout trading him, i come in here today, talking bout trading him. It isnt gonna happen, the club thankfully isn't as dumb as whichever of you guys are suggesting this. If you want to post dreamy trade trade scenarios, how about you go get us a key fwd that will help us next yr and lay off trading our best players for some unknown pick 1. Seriously absurd. We've been tormented by decades of being a laughing stock, we're finally a good team with 3 top 4 finishes in a row and you guys wanna go back to being a laughing stock with only potential to dream about.

Yeh it was a disappointing finals 2 yrs in a row, but if we kicked straight, if Melk or Petty didnt get injured we would've beaten Collingwood, certainly Carlton and then who knows what would've happened. The difference between having another year of development into Rooey, getting Petty fit, having another yr of development for some of our young guys and if we stay healthy we are firmly in our premiership window for another couple of years. If we traded Trac, or Clarry for an 18 y.o we would drop back to middle of the pack, may as well trade Gawn, Viney, May and everyone else while we're at it and next yr we'll get a pick 1! Wooohoo! If pick 1s were as important as premierships we'd be the most successful team of the last 40 yrs.

Now, we need a 2nd ruck/ a ruck/fwd and or a key fwd to hold down a post while Jefferson puts on another 5kgs. how about we go after Tom Lynch who makes no sense for Richmond, or go after Riley Thilthorpe and if that isnt possible we add Mcadam and a 2nd ruck from somewhere then add in some elite youth with our picks and we try and make the most of the best Melb squad that we've had since the 60s and try and win another premiership while Clarry and Trac are the right side of 30. If we recruit well with these picks who knows maybe we can actually extend the window. Harley Reid may be a gun but he's one player and i trust our recruiting team to make the most of our picks. End rant.
Haven't you heard mate. Oliver is the source of all our problems.

Depends how much of that ridiculous contract we are paying. Wouldnt touch him if we are paying more than 300k pa
Looks like he's on 500k a year. With the cap going up if we don't have to trade much I reckon I'd take him. We ain't getting stuff all else in the door.

Looks like he's on 500k a year. With the cap going up if we don't have to trade much I reckon I'd take him. We ain't getting stuff all else in the door.

Surprised hes only on that. Was thinking it could be 600-750 ..but **** the dogs, they'd want to pay half of it at least. I can live without Lobb.

I'd have a ball tearing into Lobb. I hate him. Gutful of piss and a bag of speed, leaning over the MCG barrier screaming every obscenity known to man after that pussy drops a sitter. Sounds like mad fun, let's get him.

Surprised hes only on that. Was thinking it could be 600-750 ..but * the dogs, they'd want to pay half of it at least. I can live without Lobb.
Let them lie in the bed they've made and get into an ooc Naughton's ear next year.

Let them lie in the bed they've made and get into an ooc Naughton's ear next year.

Far too much big picture planning for the MFC fans. We want to trade for players now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't even average.
Versus Collngwood:
Oliver: 31 touches, 20 kicks, 11 clearances, 10 tackles! 74% disposal efficiency.
Petracca: 29 touches, 13 kicks, 4 tackles, 66% disposal efficiency.

Versus Carlton:
Oliver: 27 touches, 9 tackles, 6 clearances, 64% disposal efficiency
Petracca: 24 touches, 1 tackle, 6 clearances, 58% disposal efficiency. 1 goal.

Oliver's efforts were amazing considering he was no where near match fit.

Agree. Average by his standards, I meant. Which are very high. No professional athlete in a high octane, repeat collision sport is going to get back to their best within weeks after a two and a half month injury lay off. I don’t care who you are. Clarry did pretty well in the two finals all things considered.

Tbh Lobb is a pretty decent pickup if dogs paid some of his wage

Didn't see much of them this year? He was ****ing awful.

At his best I get what you're saying, but how likely is he to find that at this stage in his career?

Didn't see much of them this year? He was ******* awful.

At his best I get what you're saying, but how likely is he to find that at this stage in his career?
More so can we find anyone better without blowing our trade wadd lol

Along with about 9 other clubs. This is the problem waiting it out for the big fish. You’re a very good chance to have waited all that time only to be left without a chair when the music stops.

There’s a pertinent saying - “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow”.

Both of em are out of contract same time so they could just not re sign lobb
Moving Lobb on now will make it easier to manage their cap. There's a reasonable chance one of their good talls will be out the door at this stage.

Both of em are out of contract same time so they could just not re sign lobb
Lobb is contacted to 2026. 30 years old and had a s*** year. We’ll be wanting him to retire after 2025 like Ben Brown now

Along with about 9 other clubs. This is the problem waiting it out for the big fish. You’re a very good chance to have waited all that time only to left without a chair when the music stops.
He's not available right now so let's just settle for a hack like Lobb instead of actually making a play for a big fish.

Along with about 9 other clubs. This is the problem waiting it out for the big fish. You’re a very good chance to have waited all that time only to be left without a chair when the music stops.

There’s a pertinent saying - “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow”.

A chance of missing Naughton is no justification to make the exact same mistake we just made with Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back