Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
There are certain guys in this team who should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as trade, all of which should retire in a Dees uniform: Gawn, clarry, viney, trac, lever, may, fritsch. I'd have said Salem too but he hasn't been the same the last couple of yrs. Gus & Petty should prob be on that list too and Kozzy if he got the best out of himself and stopped flying for speccies he'll never take would prob be on the list.

You wanna call people stupid then go on say we should keep all your favourite dees players because they did something previous for us in the past. That's the pig headed nature that saw us bow out in 2 finals series in a row.

But as long as Salem retires a Dee that's all that's important

You wanna call people stupid then go on say we should keep all your favourite dees players because they did something previous for us in the past. That's the pig headed nature that saw us bow out in 2 finals series in a row.

But as long as Salem retires a Dee that's all that's important

TK when Clarry is biting on his second premiership medal while standing on the dais at the G, a big sh1t eating grin on his freckled ranga face, you’re going to feel pretty silly. I hope he wins the Normy as well just to rub it in!

TK when Clarry is biting on his second premiership medal while standing on the dais at the G, a big sh1t eating grin on his freckled ranga face, you’re going to feel pretty silly. I hope he wins the Normy as well just to rub it in!
I was told we were going to win it last year and this year.

I was told we were going to win it last year and this year.

At no stage this year, even heading into this season, did I think we’d win it. Not after Jackson left.

We need to replace the X-factor Dogga brought to the team. Let’s see what Jason Taylor and Tim Lamb conjure with the picks we got for him.

At no stage this year, even heading into this season, did I think we’d win it. Not after Jackson left.

We need to replace the X-factor Dogga brought to the team. Let’s see what Jason Taylor and Tim Lamb conjure with the picks we got for him.
2020-2024 is likely to be our premiership window. It's nearly over

2020-2024 is likely to be our premiership window. It's nearly over

I feel we’ve got two more genuine cracks at it. 2024 & 2025.

They’re very hard to win. No-one who supports Collingwood would’ve thought it’d be another 13 years before they won another one after 2010.

No guarantees but I think we make the GF again within 24 months.

I feel we’ve got two more genuine cracks at it. 2024 & 2025.

They’re very hard to win. No-one who supports Collingwood would’ve thought it’d be another 13 years before they won another one after 2010.

No guarantees but I think we make the GF again within 24 months.
Wish I had your optimism but I see a list on the way down. Would very happily be wrong

For some reason I don’t think we will challenge in the grand final until max Gawns final year

Worst team to watch in the comp
Total disconnect with this playing group
List cooked
Goody not much better than Neeld

So..

Trade our best player
Bring in a bunch of 18yr olds
Trade for Rory Lobb
Equals premiership glory

Just trying to keep up. F* this is some depressing s*! I feel I've been transported back to 2012!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one here seriously wants Lobb? Absolutely vomit inducing 🤮

likely never going to happen but... what if we could get the Dogs to take TMac for Lobb in a straight swap? Would you do it?

Dogs get a terrible 1 year contract to replace a 2 year one, we get someone who can contribute as a forward ruck at a higher level than useless.

likely never going to happen but... what if we could get the Dogs to take TMac for Lobb in a straight swap? Would you do it?

Dogs get a terrible 1 year contract to replace a 2 year one, we get someone who can contribute as a forward ruck at a higher level than useless.
I love this deal as everyone would leave unhappy.

Lol apparently. Def wasn't our undermanned fwd line, our kicking for goal or our fwd line structure. I guess i see qhere theyre coming from, after all, Clarry delivers every ball into the 50 and is also responsible for all 17 behinds against Carlton. Honestly you'd think we finished 8th and lost the elimination final by 15 goals the way ppl are carrying on.

Cannot believe the talk in here, I never I my wildest nightmares thought so many melb fans were this stupid. Like you go from beloved, one of the best in the comp in the first premiership in 57 yrs to suddenly being trade bait because he did his hammy.

There are certain guys in this team who should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as trade, all of which should retire in a Dees uniform: Gawn, clarry, viney, trac, lever, may, fritsch. I'd have said Salem too but he hasn't been the same the last couple of yrs. Gus & Petty should prob be on that list too and Kozzy if he got the best out of himself and stopped flying for speccies he'll never take would prob be on the list. Anyways I'm not gonna bother discussing clarry anymore coz it doesn't merit more than a sentence let alone 3 long posts but I guess I'm bored.
Couldn't have said it better myself. 👏

If Dodo can pull this off, my whole mindset towards the man would completely change. Would be the funniest s* ever!

It’s in Essendon/Dodoro’s interest not to trigger band 1. They have pick 8 so like everyone else won’t want to be pushed back a spot by giving up pick 3 to North. Hopefully they’ve got an eye on a specific kid at pick 8 and won’t budge on their McKay offer.

Last edited:
I wish we were keen on John Noble. Surely he's disgruntled. He could replace Salem and give us some speed without losing the ball skills. And then Goodwin can run the old 'he's come to a place that truly values him' line again 😀

OK, I was happy to let the discussion about Clayton Oliver in this thread be if it was relevant to the trade period; however, the past 10 pages or so have just went around in circles with no new information shared.

Until a time comes when Oliver requests a trade, please use this thread to talk discuss whether he's the greatest Demon ever, or worse than Tom Gillies: Player Watch - #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player... or is he overrated? Debate within.

I wish we were keen on John Noble. Surely he's disgruntled. He could replace Salem and give us some speed without losing the ball skills. And then Goodwin can run the old 'he's come to a place that truly values him' line again 😀

I also brought him up not long ago. Unfortunately recently re-signed with Pies for 3 years. They’re not going to trade him.

Stop talking about clayton oliver in any form of trade rumour etc sickening

We need a key forward to support the system. Jesse hogan would of been perfect . Luke Jackson had such a unique dynamic. Ben Brown gave us a year. Tom Mac a journeyman but guess what, that journey is over.

We must trade now for a key forward. The ball goes in 70 times a game for last 7 years and comes out 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back