Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Ben Brown was apparently saying at the Bluey that his knee is feeling good and he's going to play on next year...

With Croft coming their way it's basically allowed them to beat everyone else for pick 4 now too.

Croft actually hasn’t nominated himself as a F/S yet.

Apparently he and his manager are talking to the bulldogs about what his opportunities will look like, given they already have a plethora of tall forwards.

I actually hope he does nominate them though - he looks pretty average to me. So many phantom drafts have him around the pick 12-15 mark but he looks like a plodder to me.

Croft actually hasn’t nominated himself as a F/S yet.

Apparently he and his manager are talking to the bulldogs about what his opportunities will look like, given they already have a plethora of tall forwards.

I actually hope he does nominate them though - he looks pretty average to me. So many phantom drafts have him around the pick 12-15 mark but he looks like a plodder to me.
If the Dogs take him surely they would be moving Naughton back long term.

Tigers add Lynch
Cats add Cameron
Dees add Grundy/Fullarton

Wonder why we haven’t been able to add a second flag yet and may not in ‘24 either. Baffling.
Is there a player of that quality out there? Could argue we got May same year Richmond got lynch and we went on to win a premiership not immediately but eventually.

Is there a player of that quality out there? Could argue we got May same year Richmond got lynch and we went on to win a premiership not immediately but eventually.

Tigers added Lynch to a side that had already just won the flag. Comfortably the single biggest factor in them winning another two of the next three cups after that initial success.

Cats added a top 3 player in the competition (Cameron) having made a GF in 2020.

Pies added a Brownlow medallist in Mitchell to their midfield who went on to be the second best player in a 4 point GF win.

We’re adding McAdam & Tommy ‘Allen Iverson’ Fullarton. Might not be good enough. Just sayin’.

Last edited:
Tigers add Lynch
Cats add Cameron

Wonder why we haven’t been able to add a second flag yet and may not in ‘24 either. Baffling.
Availability and cost probably. Gun tall forwards you're probably paying overs more than any other position on the ground. Especially if you are prying one out of a club. Who is genuinely available this offseason? Chol and Koschitzke aren't getting ahead of Petty and JVR. If King or Logan McDonald all of a sudden became gettable, then it would cost us most of our draft hand, if not all of it. I'd rather we threw $$ and picks at a Finn Callaghan type.

Availability and cost probably. Gun tall forwards you're probably paying overs more than any other position on the ground. Especially if you are prying one out of a club. Who is genuinely available this offseason? Chol and Koschitzke aren't getting ahead of Petty and JVR. If King or Logan McDonald all of a sudden became gettable, then it would cost us most of our draft hand, if not all of it. I'd rather we threw $$ and picks at a Finn Callaghan type.

No doubt it’s challenging to recruit guns. But posters looking at reasons for us not wining flag after flag might need to consider what the Tigers, Cats and Pies added to their sides to help achieve their successes.

Tigers hit the jackpot 🎰 getting Lynch as a FA. Paid nothing but cash for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also had a nightmare that we traded for Rory Lobb.

I'd trade Tom Mcdonald for Taylor Harris or Eden Zanker. Might make the forward-line more dynamic.

Tigers add Lynch
Cats add Cameron

The money we paid to Grundy could have been allocated to McStay. Despite all his shortcomings he would have been a much more natural fit for our list.

We still have not been linked to any players who will be an obvious best-22 player next year. Tim Lamb is giving us another master class in list management:

Out: Hibberd, Grundy, Jordon, Dunstan (possibly Harmes)
In: McAdam and Fullarton

The money we paid to Grundy could have been allocated to McStay. Despite all his shortcomings he would have been a much more natural fit for our list.

We still have not been linked to any players who will be an obvious best-22 player next year. Tim Lamb is giving us another master class in list management:

Maybe we talked to him and he hated the shit way our midfield moved the footy and wanted Collingwood anyway.

I agree McStay would’ve been much better but Pies obviously did their homework and approached his manager 12 months before he actually signed.

We have sort of hit a perfect storm here unfortunately. Part of it is having dropped the ball and made our own bed (overestimating/miscalculating the longevity of TMac & Brown), part of it is bad luck (Dogga going home) and there simply being very few key talls available in the marketplace.

The price of established key position talent is now at an all time high. Look at this ridiculous situation with Ben McKay. Bog ordinary key back being thrown an 800k x 5 year contract.

It’s why I think we need to take O’Sullivan at pick 5 if that’s the pick we take to the draft. Trying to get these types in from other clubs when they’re 25yo is a friggin’ nightmare.

Maybe we talked to him and he hated the s**t way our midfield moved the footy and wanted Collingwood anyway.

You are probably right.

I still think our football department is run by morons who think they are clever trying to find the next "moneyball" player. Pretty much the same style of list management that rooted our list during the Schwaub era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back