Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Jason Horne Francis says hello.

Just need to convince them to request a trade and the $$$ will help with that as well as premiership success potential.
That's such a bad comparison

They'd do everything they can to get value on the pick before going down that path.

Could see a trade like

North Out: pick 2,3
North In: pick 1, 6

West Coast Out: pick 1
West Coast In: pick 2, 16

Melbourne Out: pick 6, 16
Melbourne In: pick: 3

Yeah great call.

Its a measure of how consistently excellent Ryley Sanders has been this season that he can have a relatively quiet game by his standards and still rack up 26 touches with some highlight sequences.

It’s possible North get assistance picks they must trade, but not from McKay compensation. They got a couple of those last year.

North are perfectly positioned to get pick 1 if they want it. Nobody will be able to outbid them.

Edit: I should written assistance instead of compensation.
Are you suggesting the AFL won't give North a band 1 compensation pick for McKay (pick3 I think).?

I reckon the AFL will go all out to rectify, in their heads, The loss of Horne-Francis last season... So I am of the opinion that P3 will end up with North. AFL will turn heaven and earth to assist North.
It will be interesting to see if 'they', help North with a couple of Tasmanians.???

If so, maybe we could trade for P2 from North, giving North extra picks... Even IF they, North, really need mature leaders to blend with their list of youngsters.
We all know over here how it goes with all kids and no mature leaders, and we've also seen it at both GWS since inception, and GCS as well.

On-field Leadership is imperative, for young kids to be able to keep their heads screwed on tight.

Liam Henry officially requested a trade to victoria

kozzie’s best mate
AFL website doesn't seem to think we're in the race, which is different to what they speculated earlier in the year

Why would they budget with savings from Grundy when he has 4 years to go? Or Harmes with 1 year to go ect? Or Jackson leaving, or Jordan leaving.

Hope we go offer mammoth contracts to young kids like Butters/Gulden/Callahan/Rachelle/Ashcroft/Nick Martin/Sheezal/Serong/Owens ect and see what we can shake up.

If we could snare 2 of them with P5/15/24/35 and F1 we are laughing and avoid the lottery.
Or young Brayshaw. Or even hReid,.?

That said some Freo fans on the socials have the shortest memories, and it's very funny

So far i've seen them call Henry 'Selfish' 'Trash wanting cash'
and the big one 'a baby' for wanting to go back to him homestate... Funny about that

I actually think it's more likely North end up with Reid and we ride the coat-tails of that deal to move up the draft a couple of places for the McKay compo.
I think this could be close, BUT I reckon Clarko wants multiple players for their hypo' Reid pick, if that come about... I wonder IF P5 + P15 + something would get the North/Reid pick done.?

Or if we just try to work with GCS for their 1st Pick.

I think this could be close, BUT I reckon Clarko wants multiple players for their hypo' Reid pick, if that come about... I wonder IF P5 + P15 + something would get the North/Reid pick done.?

Or if we just try to work with GCS for their 1st Pick.
North don't have the pick to get Reid. I'm saying if they want to trade for Reid we should try to get in on that deal to upgrade our own pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This doesn't get us hReid; and we're trading away 2 x 1st Rnd picks, for a single pick. I think this is a backward step.
Personally I think there are several players at the top end of the draft worth spending that sort of capital on. Don't really care about us winning a trade if we're not keen on any players. Maybe we ask North to swap the Freo 2nd with their 2nd too to sweeten it from our perspective.

But if our recruiters have guys in mind then by all means just go to the draft.

Personally I think there are several players at the top end of the draft worth spending that sort of capital on. Don't really care about us winning a trade if we're not keen on any players. Maybe we ask North to swap the Freo 2nd with their 2nd too to sweeten it from our perspective.

But if our recruiters have guys in mind then by all means just go to the draft.
I think a deal with GCS for P4... netting us P4 & P5... is more beneficial, than trading away for just P3.

My sense of this years draft, gut feel, is that there is P1.... and then throw a net over the next 9 picks, and scoop one out.

I think a deal with GCS for P4... netting us P4 & P5... is more beneficial, than trading away for just P3.
I'd love it if we could pull that off but not sure we'll have the best offer. I'm putting up an alternative to the Gold Coast pick if we can't get it.

If we had 4 & 5, I'd just double down on KPD's and take Curtin and Sullivan if available.

Those two along with McVee would give us the core of our backline for the next decade.

How so?

Whose saying Serong/Callahan or Humphrey haven’t had enough and want to head home like JHF did?
None of them are playing for a team who's just about to finish 4 seasons in a row that's last or second last it's just a worthless discussion.

Name the best 10 young players in the AFL, go get 2 of them Melbourne 👍

None of them are playing for a team who's just about to finish 4 seasons in a row that's last or second last it's just a worthless discussion.

Name the best 10 young players in the AFL, go get 2 of them Melbourne 👍

Might as well ruffle a few feathers if we got a shitload of cap space.

Anyone would get home sick for 1.2m a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back