Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the bloke on the Drafts and Trading Board who is so adamant West Coast won't trade pick 1 that he's posted 400 times in the thread dedicated to speculating what that trade would look like.

I'm enjoying the bloke on the Drafts and Trading Board who is so adamant West Coast won't trade pick 1 that he's posted 400 times in the thread dedicated to speculating what that trade would look like.

bzparkes? Ive had a crack at him a few times over exactly this.

The entire thread is just there to make him feel like his team has something other clubs want for the first time in 5 years.

bzparkes? Ive had a crack at him a few times over exactly this.

The entire thread is just there to make him feel like his team has something other clubs want for the first time in 5 years.
I think the last time I ran into him was when he had a crack at me for calling crypto currency a scam.

I think the last time I ran into him was when he had a crack at me for calling crypto currency a scam.

Heavy investor obviously. Always amuses me when crypto fan bois get pissed at people calling it a scam. If its so lucrative and I was making bank I couldn't give a shit what others think.

The Demons not only have their own first-rounder, they have the Dockers first rounder (pick 5) and second-rounder (pick 22) courtesy of the Luke Jackson trade. The Demons could offer their own first-rounder (currently pick 15), the Dockers second-rounder (23) and their own second-rounder (33) for the Suns for pick four. It would arm them with picks four and five to trade to the Eagles for pick one, and give the Suns an extra 460 draft points to secure their academy players. The Demons might ask for a later pick back from the Eagles, but it would allow West Coast two absolutely elite draft picks and the Demons could secure Reid.

Coming back the other way though are the monster long term salaries of Tracc, Clarry, Gus, Jack and a couple others. Some complicated calculating. Who knows what the actual bottom line is 🤷🏼‍♂️

If we have cap room I believe we can bring their money forward to fill cap short term if we can’t lure anyone in, obviously meaning down the road we owe them less.

The Demons not only have their own first-rounder, they have the Dockers first rounder (pick 5) and second-rounder (pick 22) courtesy of the Luke Jackson trade. The Demons could offer their own first-rounder (currently pick 15), the Dockers second-rounder (23) and their own second-rounder (33) for the Suns for pick four. It would arm them with picks four and five to trade to the Eagles for pick one, and give the Suns an extra 460 draft points to secure their academy players. The Demons might ask for a later pick back from the Eagles, but it would allow West Coast two absolutely elite draft picks and the Demons could secure Reid.

Is this based on anything or just the paid equivalent of a bigFooty post?

I can't imagine Gold Coast would accept that trade without a future first coming back their way.

I can't imagine Gold Coast would accept that trade without a future first coming back their way.

Pretty much. There's no 'sources say' or anything of the like.

West Coast won't do any trade that doesn't involve them getting pick 2 anyways, so the only way I can see us getting involved is in a 3 day kinda deal.

Pretty much. There's no 'sources say' or anything of the like.

West Coast won't do any trade that doesn't involve them getting pick 2 anyways, so the only way I can see us getting involved is in a 3 day kinda deal.
I actually think it's more likely North end up with Reid and we ride the coat-tails of that deal to move up the draft a couple of places for the McKay compo.

Maybe, I don't think WC will take Reid though. If they keep pick 1 I still think they take Curtin.

The GC part of the deal seems the most likely part IMO.
They'd do everything they can to get value on the pick before going down that path.

Could see a trade like

North Out: pick 2,3
North In: pick 1, 6

West Coast Out: pick 1
West Coast In: pick 2, 16

Melbourne Out: pick 6, 16
Melbourne In: pick: 3

Last edited:

I love how Ralph describes picks 4 + 5 as "absolutely elite" draft picks. I think we need to factor in the absolute eliteness of those picks before we trade them on to West Coast

Hahahaha this is a joke post right? 5/15 and 25 barely gets butters.

Lachie Neale went for pick 6 to Brisbane

5/15 should be enough for Butters

Leaves us with Grundy compo, F1, 24 and 35 for one of the other kids. Should be close to enough for a Callahan.

All hypothetical of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaves us with Grundy compo, F1, 24 and 35 for one of the other kids. Should be close to enough for a Callahan.

Neale was ooc and demanded a trade. We're not getting a contracted player who doesn't wanna leave his club. Really just a pointless conversation to have. Clubs don't trade that way.

People are talking about 4 & 5 for an 18yo kid who hasn’t played a senior game at AFL level yet Butters who’ll probably win the Brownlow is worth 5 & 15? Please have a re-think.

Why wouldn't they just got to the draft table with 4 & 5?

This is the $5million dollar question.

How do our recruiters assess the kid’s available at 4 & 5 versus the future potential of Reid?

Does the premium quality drop off slightly after picks 1 - 3 (and those pesky academy selections)?

In short, does Jason Taylor think 4 & 5 could be the next Ollie Wines & Steven May? Or does he think they’ll be the next Matt Buntine & Richard Tambling?

That’s why we pay him the big bucks I guess. But he’s not infallible. Jase thought the Weid would be better than Curnow who’s now probably the best player in the AFL 🥴

Neale was ooc and demanded a trade. We're not getting a contracted player who doesn't wanna leave his club. Really just a pointless conversation to have. Clubs don't trade that way.

Cognisant you also went straight to the most expensive player I listed, if it were butters obv the 2nd player we look to bring in would be of lesser quality but still compliment our list.

Anyway just throwing ideas out there as it means SFA to free up Grundys cap space if we have nowhere else to spend it to immediately improve our list while we are in the window.

Cognisant you also went straight to the most expensive player I listed, if it were butters obv the 2nd player we look to bring in would be of lesser quality but still compliment our list.

Anyway just throwing ideas out there as it means SFA to free up Grundys cap space if we have nowhere else to spend it to immediately improve our list while we are in the window.
I didn't mention any players. You listed the best young players at a bunch of different clubs who are all untouchable. Name the last time a club who wasn't in the middle of a salary cap disaster traded an in-contract star who wanted to stay for a couple of picks. It doesn't happen.

Yeah. If North get pick 3 as compo for McKay, they will trade with WC and we will be out of the equation anyway.

But, it would still be great to get 2 of McKercher/Duursma/Watson.

Hopefully, they are forced to trade McKay because the AFL won't give them a first round compo on top of prelisting Sanders.

I didn't mention any players. You listed the best young players at a bunch of different clubs who are all untouchable. Name the last time a club who wasn't in the middle of a salary cap disaster traded an in-contract star who wanted to stay for a couple of picks. It doesn't happen.
May aswell chuck Daicos, Greene, Curnow etc into the trade discussion as well cause apparently couple of picks gets anyone you want

May aswell chuck Daicos, Greene, Curnow etc into the trade discussion as well cause apparently couple of picks gets anyone you want
Literally the only example I can think of a club going to another and offering a pick for a player and that club forcing their guy out is Bernie Vince. Who at the time was a flaky 4th string midfielder.

Literally the only example I can think of a club going to another and offering a pick for a player and that club forcing their guy out is Bernie Vince. Who at the time was a flaky 4th string midfielder.
Yep and Adelaide were happy to lose him.
Only good player who moved inside Vic in the last 20 years whos club didn't wanna keep him I can really think of is Ball and he just ran his contract down.

Jason Horne Francis says hello.

Just need to convince them to request a trade and the $$$ will help with that as well as premiership success potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back