Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Hmm, not sure he's leaving for potential success. Crows are literally a star mid away from competing Top 4. Looks like he's had a falling out with Burgo or some of the fitness crew. Crows were definitely keen to keep him and will be a loss, but it's a position on the ground they can cover. He is a unique player though. Solid defensively, great in the air for a small, quick, nice lead, really solid set shot, loves a goal. Has a lot going for him and is a tough matchup tbh. Has had some injury issues but when he got his shot later this season, he looked really good. Always one of those players i looked at the team sheet when playing Crows and hoped he wasn't on it. Dangerous player. Could become a Stengle type of win for us fingers crossed with minimal cost. Could also become a bust with injuries and lack of consistency. But our small forward options are thin on quality, so he'd most likely be best 22 to start 2024.

Agree with some of this but he’s 183cm (6ft). Not a pure small forward by any stretch. Mid-sized.

Shane McAdam choosing money over success

Agree with some of this but he’s 183cm (6ft). Not a pure small forward by any stretch. Mid-sized.
Hmm. Luke Breust is classed as a small forward and he's 182. Either way, we clearly need class in the F50 and he will add to this. The great thing about him is that he can play small or tallish similarly to Melk in ways. Not sure he can do the same things defensively as Melk or is as smart around the F50, but I've always liked him as a player. Hopefully we can get this over the line.

This is a ripper move, we don't have enough blokes who value a goal more than a disposal. Slots beautifully into the 22
They play a little differently but reminds me of when we got Garlett for the last few years of his career. Proper livewire that scares his opponents.

I'm really, really happy with this - if we can get it done. I would imagine JJ compo would be enough, if he goes. Have always enjoyed McAdam's game.

I get the feeling that Harmes will only be traded if JJ leaves. I wonder if Spargo would have any currency? I also think we are better to keep Tomo for insurance where possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They play a little differently but reminds me of when we got Garlett for the last few years of his career. Proper livewire that scares his opponents.
Anyone who can help keep defenders dangerous so that Pickett isn't one out is great.

You need to build a forward line that kicks goals, don't need a key forward to kick 60 if we can get a couple smalls to kick 30 each.

I think he plays far more like medium forward than a small forward, some similarities to Slick's game. Good overhead, knows how to time leads very well, can play one out as the full forward, solid set shot.

I think he plays far more like medium forward than a small forward, some similarities to Slick's game. Good overhead, knows how to time leads very well, can play one out as the full forward, solid set shot.
Yeah I think he's a Jamie Elliot lite. I'm a big fan of these type of players tho, nimble blokes who can 1-1s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back