Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
If bulldogs offer 10 and 17 for pick 4 and get it we should offer Gold Coast 15, 24, 34 and say if we get 30 for Grundy, for picks 10 & 17.

BULLDOGS - OUT PICK 10 & 17 (2520pts). IN PICK 4 (2034pts)

GOLD COAST - OUT PICK 4 (2034pts) IN PICKS 15, 24, 30, 34 (3068pts)

MELBOURNE - OUT PICK 15, 24, 30, 34 (3068pts) IN PICK 10 & 17 (2520pts)

We then have 5, 10, 17 🤔
10 and 17 is not worth it for GC - as they are high value picks that just get eaten by bids.

They're better off with two seconds, a third and a future 1st for pick four... something we'll be more than happy to provide.

Take 4, 5 and 15 to the draft or pull an unexpected value trade out.

10 and 17 is not worth it for GC - as they are high value picks that just get eaten by bids.

They're better off with two seconds, a third and a future 1st for pick four... something we'll be more than happy to provide.

Take 4, 5 and 15 to the draft or pull an unexpected value trade out.
Yep points value plus a FF is the deal.

I like him. He will definitely get some attention given the lack of his type in this draft.

Can see him going even earlier than Twomey has suggested.
There's enough there for me to be interested in seeing more. I've done a lot of Sandy games and I can't say that Edwards has really drawn my eye up to now. But he has the trifecta of size, speed, and kicking skills.

I did notice that almost all his handballs missed their mark here. But one game sample size.

Hi folks, please excuse the intrusion.
I have been offered Matthew Jefferson as part of a trade in a keeper league.
What have his performances in the VFL been like, and do you think he'll make the grade in the AFL?
Cheers.

There's enough there for me to be interested in seeing more. I've done a lot of Sandy games and I can't say that Edwards has really drawn my eye up to now. But he has the trifecta of size, speed, and kicking skills.

I did notice that almost all his handballs missed their mark here. But one game sample size.
I’ve noticed over the years that recruiters apply a lot of value to late form. Good call on the handballs too I noticed that but it’s an easy thing to improve - they train fast handball chains all the time at AFL level.

Hi folks, please excuse the intrusion.
I have been offered Matthew Jefferson as part of a trade in a keeper league.
What have his performances in the VFL been like, and do you think he'll make the grade in the AFL?
Cheers.
I wouldn’t have must interest - he’s a low production (high impact) type and unlikely to play any senior games next year whilst he’s still working on his skinny body.

Sounds like we're not after Chol, unfortunately. Would love to know how we expect to fix the forwardline.
"We'll have a fit Browny and T-Mac next year" :$

"We'll have a fit Browny and T-Mac next year" :$
Beggars belief. An actual forward/ruck who can kick bags and we could easily afford is sitting right there and we're not even going to look. Meanwhile Brisbane are all over it despite having five blokes just like him.

Sounds like we're not after Chol, unfortunately. Would love to know how we expect to fix the forwardline.

Staggered that Brisbane are being touted as one of the teams having a crack, how exactly does that prezzo go?

"Hey, we know you can't get a game in front of King and Casboult, but we only have Daniher, Hipwood and Gunston... so... ummmm.... wait...."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now even more scared we waste our draft hand on McKay
I'd rather not, too, although if we insist on the 'kick the ball to the moon' entries next year, he'd probably be the best we could hope for in terms of taking a grab...even if he is an utter headcase in front of goal.

Him, Trac and Kozzy could help generate some funny scorelines like 4.22

Now even more scared we waste our draft hand on McKay
I can’t see the club letting Goody go all in on this game plan and wasting serious trade capital to keep it going.

They’ll make do with Petty and JVR next year and bring in McAdam to mix it up a bit.

Then hopefully they’ll adjust the manner in which we enter the forward 50.

I'd rather not, too, although if we insist on the 'kick the ball to the moon' entries next year, he'd probably be the best we could hope for in terms of taking a grab...even if he is an utter headcase in front of goal.

Him, Trac and Kozzy could help generate some funny scorelines like 4.22
If we brought him in and played the exact same way it would be completely pointless.

Very keen to know as well.

However for me Chol isn't quite the answer.

I can’t see the club letting Goody go all in on this game plan and wasting serious trade capital to keep it going.

They’ll make do with Petty and JVR next year and bring in McAdam to mix it up a bit.

Then hopefully they’ll adjust the manner in which we enter the forward 50.

Agree, need to hit the draft with at least 3 quality picks.

There are some promising rucks in the 15-35 range too from the looks.

Very keen to know as well.

However for me Chol isn't quite the answer.
Chol would have been a piece of the puzzle for mine.

A forward ruck who is basically a better version of Smith. Then you add Petty, JVR (who doesn't have to pinch hit anymore), McAdam, Fritsch and Kozzy and it starts to look a lot better.

Then we've still got a strong early draft hand to draft our future.

Absolutely *in ropeable.

Please draft some forwards who understand how to kick goals.

Talls and smalls.

Please and thanks.
Drafting and trading not enough.

Some flag heroes need off the gravy train. Be ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back