Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
I don't spend a lot of time on here, but when I do like to read about interesting and insightful thoughts. All I've ever read from you if horse s**t. Petty is an integral part of the club going forward either as a KPD or a KPF.

Goodbye.
There’s a lot of horse shit that goes around this place these days unfortunately.

Lots.

Am I correct in saying that our pick is now 13, because we finished 6th?

So 5, 13, 24 and 31

Great draft hand. Thanks GWS!

With Grundy, Harmes, Tomlinson and potentially more to net us a little more in terms of draft capital as well.

I ******* hate the fake ITKs on this board lol

So we're into McKay and Lynch now? That's alot of picks to give up
We (and everyone else) would be into plenty of players. We wouldn't be planning to get all of them but worth testing what the market is.

We (and everyone else) would be into plenty of players. We wouldn't be planning to get all of them but worth testing what the market is.
Mate if anyone was genuinely ITK they would have saw McAdam coming. Instead they just pick big key forwards and say we're trying to get them.

Draft board updated. Now have the third best hand in terms of points – that result might be the reason we end up with the GC pick if it eventuates

Draft board updated. Now have the third best hand in terms of points – that result might be the reason we end up with the GC pick if it eventuates
Draft premiership could still be ours.

I ******* hate the fake ITKs on this board lol

So we're into McKay and Lynch now? That's alot of picks to give up
How is it any different to trying to predict weekly selection without any knowledge of injuries, training standards, compliance with team rules etc etc. It’s all speculation off limited information, at best.

Last edited:
How is it any different to trying to predict weekly selection without any knowledge of injuries, training standards, compliance with team rules etc etc. It’s all speculation off limited information, at best.
Not really sure your point here. Selection thread is clearly guesses and preferences. People claiming to know our trade intentions are just made up. Same with people who claim to have inside info it's all just attention seeking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our main problem this off-season after finding a forward in replacing the hibberd role. He was an important part for us when up and going with his size and physical attributes

I think our main problem this off-season after finding a forward in replacing the hibberd role. He was an important part for us when up and going with his size and physical attributes
We didn't play with Hibberd most of the season and finished top 4. I love Hibbo, but McVee stepped up, Bowey stepped up, and Riv and Gus can play that role if needed. Salem floating around. A running defender would be handy, but maybe McVee could play that role. He's quick and uses the ball beautifully. Woey or Howes could possibly play a role as well maybe? I just think a pacey mid and a couple of forwards is what we need. Most likely a cheap back up ruck as well.

Not really sure your point here. Selection thread is clearly guesses and preferences. People claiming to know our trade intentions are just made up. Same with people who claim to have inside info it's all just attention seeking

Can confirm from my sources inside the club

Wow!

Would be a big gamble but could also be a huge payoff.

I’d rather see them tinker with our method than keep trying different players to execute the same plan - but if Tom Lynch got back into form then he is basically the prototype of what we need.
Imo if we got an actual capable key forward we would need to change the gameplan or they'd be next to useless anyway.

On Lynch, if he came to us he'd have two years to run on a heavily back-loaded 7 year deal. He's coming off a major injury and is 30. Could easily see him being another Tmac/Brown situation.

I'd be cautious about spending a top 20 pick on him.

Imo if we got an actual capable key forward we would need to change the gameplan or they'd be next to useless anyway.
Indeed. So many people here banging on about recruiting key forwards miss the point entirely - our game style and the way we enter the forward line is rubbish and unless that changes it doesn't matter who is up there.

I actually would rather we recruit good ball users in the midfield than forwards.

On Lynch, if he came to us he'd have two years to run on a heavily back-loaded 7 year deal. He's coming off a major injury and is 30. Could easily see him being another Tmac/Brown situation.

I'd be cautious about spending a top 20 pick on him.

This board's trade ideas currently....

Trade Oliver so we can get high picks and rebuild.
Trade our first pick for Lynch because we're in the window and just need a key forward.

:think:

This board's trade ideas currently....

Trade Oliver so we can get high picks and rebuild.
Trade our first pick for Lynch because we're in the window and just need a key forward.

:think:
Does anyone on the board actually hold both of those views consecutively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back