Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Fair Work should finally get the cajones and bust up the draft and cap systems. It is restraint of trade and detrimental to players.
Just fold the club if that ever happens.

Anything worth looking at here?

STUCK IN LIMBO​

Players without contracts for 2024
  • Adelaide – James Borlase
  • Brisbane Lions – Dayne Zorko
  • Collingwood – Aiden Begg, Josh Carmichael, Will Kelly, Nathan Kreuger
  • Essendon – Jaiden Hunter, Patrick Voss, Will Snelling
  • Geelong – Mitch Hardie, Flynn Kroeger
  • Gold Coast – Sandy Brock, Sam Day, Oskar Faulkhead, Hewago Oae, Bodhi Uwland, Jeremy Sharp, Jake Stein, James Tsitas
  • Melbourne – Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Port Adelaide – Orazio Fantasia, Sam Hayes, Scott Lycett
  • Richmond – Mate Colina
  • St Kilda – Tom Campbell, Tom Highmore, Dan McKenzie
  • Sydney – Sam Reid, Sam Wicks
  • West Coast – Zane Trew
  • Western Bulldogs – Dominic Bedendo, Hayden Crozier, Roarke Smith
Borlase, Kreuger, Fantasia, Highmore, Crozier would all be worth a look IMO. Particularly the first two as KPP's who could pay a role if they can stay injury free.

* thats alot to give up!

Heard Tim Lamb say he'd like it if we could trade picks two years in advance. AFL protecting us from ourselves.

Melbourne offering 6, 11 and F1.

Have to respect they are throwing the sink at this one.

I am not sure I'd be sinking that much collateral there.

West Coast must have been close to a yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

* thats alot to give up!

Ooft. Potentially forgoing Curtin, Windsor and an F1 just for Reid (as good as he is) would be a massive gamble.

If they've said no to that though, you can basically rule us out of the race (which I'm comfortable with, considering the likely cost).

I’d go all in for Reid, has superstar potential while pick 6, 11 and our F1 will most likely be solid players on Brayshaw and Salem level, good players but you can get good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Chance at a superstar I’d go for it.

They knocked us back? Wowee. That's a lot for one kid who's yet to play a game. WCE crazy not to take that deal. Thank God they didn't. Three potentially very good kids for 1 potentially good kid. I guess we're done now until draft night.

I’d go all in for Reid, has superstar potential while pick 6, 11 and our F1 will most likely be solid players on Brayshaw and Salem level, good players but you can get good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Chance at a superstar I’d go for it.
Yeah but how many first picks turn out the best from their draft class? 3 first round picks can fill some holes for us. WCE probably holding out for Kangas 2 and 3. Be interesting to see if Kangas cave. Wouldn't be surprised if they do.

Yeah but how many first picks turn out the best from their draft class? 3 first round picks can fill some holes for us. WCE probably holding out for Kangas 2 and 3. Be interesting to see if Kangas cave. Wouldn't be surprised if they do.
I know but Reid looks on another level to most number one picks with his athleticism, strength and power through his legs. Players that are physically advanced usually do pretty well at next level, similar to Petracca.

Melbourne offering 6, 11 and F1.

Have to respect they are throwing the sink at this one.

I am not sure I'd be sinking that much collateral there.

West Coast must have been close to a yes.
Reckon if you guys are certain before the draft that Curtin will slide to pick 6 you will call us up and take that deal.

I hope you don't though haha.

So it seems clear to me that we moved up from 14 to 11 to try and get this done with West Coast, after getting knocked back do we potentially try and trade it for a future first now perhaps? Build that war chest for a big name next year?

WCE stupid to trade the pick right now - the offers will only go up

North is the only club that can offer more really, maybe they come up with a better offer than ours in the end but they seem like they aren't interested in going crazy for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back