Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a good time to pin this:

OOC players:
  • Michael Hibberd (retired)
  • Deakyn Smith (delisted)
  • Andy Moniz-Wakefield
  • Jake Melksham (delisted, will be re-drafted as a rookie)
  • Luke Dunstan (retired)
  • James Jordon (signed with Sydney as a Free Agent)
  • Kye Turner (delisted)
Traded out:
  • James Harmes (Bulldogs)
  • Brodie Grundy (Sydney)
Traded in:
  • Tom Fullarton (Brisbane)
  • Jack Billings (St Kilda)
  • Shane McAdam (Adelaide)
Drafted:
  • Caleb Windsor (Pick 7)
  • Koltyn Tholstrup (Pick 13)
  • Kynan Brown (Rookie)

Last edited:
Wouldn’t surprise me if we use our F1 to snare another top 20

Read we also had eyes on Collard

Wouldn't make sense when we've traded out of the 2nd round onwards and only want two draft picks this year.

Would also be a massive risk - our F1 next year could be 10 or worse if we free fall.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Petty camp have certainly handled this whole thing in an interesting way. Rarely do you see a contracted player be so open about wanting a move.
The linked article was click bait. She stated that she had spoken to him a couple of times during the trade period, thought he might like to come home at some stage but that he was pretty happy at Melbourne and wasn’t sure when that would be.

The rest of it was more or less the host saying “I reckon he’ll be a Crows player in 2025.”

Dillon: “How close did your brother come to becoming a crow? Did you talk to him about it?”

Petty: “I had a few conversations with him about it.

“I mean, he's keen to move home at some stage, but when that happens, who knows?

“He's pretty happy in Melbourne as well. I think the biggest thing is that if he's happy playing footy (in Melbourne), then I just am fully here to support him.”

Dillon: “You're a beautiful sister. But if you were to put your Australian netball career on the line, would you say he'd turn up after next year? One more season at Melbourne, then come to Adelaide?”

Petty: “Who knows, the future will tell I guess (laughs).”

Dillon: “I reckon that’s what will happen because he'll have one year on his contract and they'll get the deal done.”

Absolutely no idea why tf they keep pick trading open when history tells us **** all pick trades happen post closure of trade period. Almost a redundant rule, just get rid of it to force clubs hands during the actual window.

Absolutely no idea why tf they keep pick trading open when history tells us * all pick trades happen post closure of trade period. Almost a redundant rule, just get rid of it to force clubs hands during the actual window.

DO SOMETHING TIM LAMB YOU ****ING IDIOT!! :madv1:

Absolutely no idea why tf they keep pick trading open when history tells us * all pick trades happen post closure of trade period. Almost a redundant rule, just get rid of it to force clubs hands during the actual window.
I swear AFL fans absolutely love changing rules season by season, and then complaining that rule changes happen too often. It makes literally no difference at all as to whether a deal gets done or not.

List management has honestly been pretty average now we clearly aren't able to pay out Brown/McDonald but kept Schache for another year. Three absolute deadwood guys on the list in the same position is awful.
Schache has been extended as a ruck IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast already knocked back a better offer from North.

North wanted pick 23 back in that deal though reportedly. That might not have made it a 'better offer' in West Coast's books.

Put it this way, going by the rumoured North deal - which would have likely been 2, 17 and 18 for picks 1 and 23 - West Coast come out ahead by the equivalent of pick 27. Now, if you allow for the academy and f/s picks etc this year that equivalent pick of 27 ends up becoming around pick 37.

If they did a deal with us that ended up as 2 and a future first, let's say pick 14, they come out ahead by the equivalent of pick 28. The point has already been made that next year's draft won't be so compromised, so I'm not sure it is a better deal they were offered by North.

Yeah people really aren't factoring in the chances that Reid is either a bust or just a decent player.
A lot of his highlights are of him pushing under 18s out of the way because he's bigger and stronger than them. Not trying to say he won't be a star because quite possibly he will, but there's no guarantee.

Even if he turns out to be great, I'm more than happy to be held to the fact that here and now I think the best decision is to have more good picks than go for one home run.

A lot of his highlights are of him pushing under 18s out of the way because he's bigger and stronger than them.

Stared in the VFL later in the season vs grown men. I think he'll be pretty damn good.

Stared in the VFL later in the season vs grown men. I think he'll be pretty damn good.

Fair enough. I'd only be guessing as to whether he'll be a decent player, a good player or a great player. At the price we'd have to pay to get pick 1 I'd want a rolled gold guarantee he'll be a multiple All-Australian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back