List Mgmt. 2023 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key Trade & Draft Dates
Key Dates:

Trade Period, October 6–18
  • Restricted & Unrestricted Free Agency Period: Friday, October 6, 9am – Friday October 13, 5pm (bid matching ends Monday October 16, 5pm)
  • Trade Period (1), picks & players: Monday, October 9, 9am – Wednesday October 18, 7.30pm
Quiet Period, October 19–November 20
  • Trade Period (2), picks only: Monday, October 23, 9am – Friday November 10, 5pm
  • List Lodgement 1*: Tuesday, October 31, 2pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (1): Wednesday, November 1, 9am – Wednesday November 8, 5pm
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (2): Friday, November 10, 9am–5pm
  • List Lodgement 2*: Tuesday, November 14, 2pm
Draft Period, November 20–22
  • Round 1 of the National Draft: Monday, November 20, time and venue TBA
  • Trade Period (3), picks only: Tuesday, November 21, 5.45pm–6.30pm
  • Round 2–end of the National Draft: Tuesday, November 21, 7pm until completion
  • Rookie Promotions: Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • Delisted Free Agency Period (3): Tuesday, November 21, after the National Draft
  • List Lodgement 3*: Wednesday, November 22, 10am (optional; required for those participating in the PSD)
  • Pre-Season Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3pm
  • Rookie Draft: Wednesday, November 22, 3.20pm
  • Final List Lodgement*: Thursday, November 23, 4pm
* List lodgement dates are yet to be made public, so are approximate based on past history and the requirements of the AFL Rules. When lists are lodged, the number of players on the list must not exceed maximum list sizes. At the same time, clubs must provide the AFL with estimates of total player payments in the current and following year, which must prove the club is not and will not exceed the salary cap. (AFL Rules 5.3, 6.1, 6.8, 7.2, 7.9)

Last edited:
We knew Dyl has had a contract for months, but I don't recall Lewis having an offer.

I also love how he's going to stick with the team - love the Bloods loyalty.

I also thought the same thing re. recent events.
Maybe Melican found out it was a choice between North? and the Swans as North were the only club interested????
And he decided to take less money at the Swans
Horse has shown faith in him in the past. Time to have a few injury free years.

I popped on the web thinking something I said must have blown up the internet, only to see you have quoted me 4 times (cheers).

I understand that Sydney is more expensive place to live than Melbourne. But nothing you have said changes my opinion that cost of living is a very minor reason in why we seemingly fail to attract players.

If we do fail to attract players, it is much more to do with the reality we are a team from a non AFL city that produces very few home grown players and most players would rather play in their home city or for a big Victorian club if they have the choice.

And I choose to live in Melbourne because I grew up here and most of my family and friends are here. It has nothing to do with cost of living.

The fact that you keep referring to nick Stevens surely has to mean something. That happened 20 years ago.

And it didn’t help port Adelaide at all.

Let it go.
Has helped Port Adelaide retain players, it’s about setting a culture.

Travis Boak as the prime example when it could have been easier for him to go to Geelong, he stayed.

It wouldn’t be a stretch to say they are now somewhat of a destination club, we can’t say the same for ourselves and have lost quality players over the last decade. All Australians, a Brownlow medalist and current club captains.

It’s ok, everyone is entitled to their opinion, I have stated mine and all I am calling out is as a club we need to get tougher and more creative with our negotiations with trades.

For whatever reason a majority of you are happy with the status quo, which is more bewildering for mine.

Happy to leave it at that.

AFL.com.au "Insider Trading" article including this from last week's "Gettable"

SYDNEY could go around again with veteran forward Sam Reid as the Swans look to retain some experience in their key-position stocks following the recent retirement of Lance Franklin.

AFL.com.au "Insider Trading" article including this from last week's "Gettable"

SYDNEY could go around again with veteran forward Sam Reid as the Swans look to retain some experience in their key-position stocks following the recent retirement of Lance Franklin.

I don't see the need given Amartey and McLean have re-signed. I don't think he'll play a game again, let alone find his 2022 form

Amartey struggles to string games together games. So Reid may well be handy back up. Otherwise you are hoping Buller comes along.
I am hoping with Buller as I see some upside from Reid (age and injury profile mostly) or we go a bit smaller

All pending if we get a decent ruck in the off-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would offer the Dees Ladhams as steak knives in a trade for Grundy.

Am really more confident in MacAndrew. Needs more muscle but is miles ahead as a ruckman.

Dont mind the idea of a Soldo or Sweet type but am a big fan of Moyle.

If the wage is right it won’t matter.
He will be great depth at both ends and as a second ruck. At this stage, there is little point in not signing him.

have the opposite view. Sam would spend another year on the banana lounge in the rehab sun lounge.

I popped on the web thinking something I said must have blown up the internet, only to see you have quoted me 4 times (cheers).

I understand that Sydney is more expensive place to live than Melbourne. But nothing you have said changes my opinion that cost of living is a very minor reason in why we seemingly fail to attract players.

If we do fail to attract players, it is much more to do with the reality we are a team from a non AFL city that produces very few home grown players and most players would rather play in their home city or for a big Victorian club if they have the choice.

And I choose to live in Melbourne because I grew up here and most of my family and friends are here. It has nothing to do with cost of living.
So, the "Go home" factor then.

Has anyone suggesting Soldo as a viable option seen him play?

Paul Chambers mark 2

No thanks

Jordan Sweet

Height; 205cm
Weight: 103kg

Averages
43.1 HO
13.5 Disposals
5.3 tackles

ATM on Dogs list & playing VFL.
Would be an option as he is looking to leave Dogs for opportunities at AFL level. Playing 2ndv fiddle to English would not be a good career move

I for one still haven't given up on the first Pete Ladham.
I am thinking the club may have though. He has spent more time out than in and when in after injury was incapable of rucking, which is why we traded him. I think they are probably slowly losing patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back