Position 2023 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m coming around to McGrath I think. Priced at 81 after a year where he played all over the shop. Settled at HB. Just been handed the VC. Essendon will be bad so ball will be down there a lot. Only need to add another +6 or 2 and he’s up to 90 odd in a poor line where 90 is a keeper, 95 and he’s pushing top 6

I think he goes 75. That's nowhere near enough upside for any other line, but with the terrible defence options we have it will do.
I reckon he gets up to 80. I dont think there is too many players who are in a clubs first 5 midfielders that dont get to 80. Newcombe, Mackenzie, Ward, Worpel and Day? Anyone I'm missing that gets more mid time than Day Hawks fans?

Also, jesus that's a young midfield, the back end of the year is going to be rough but it should pay dividends in 2-3 years

I reckon he gets up to 80. I dont think there is too many players who are in a clubs first 5 midfielders that dont get to 80. Newcombe, Mackenzie, Ward, Worpel and Day? Anyone I'm missing that gets more mid time than Day Hawks fans?

Also, jesus that's a young midfield, the back end of the year is going to be rough but it should pay dividends in 2-3 years
Article on the Hawks defense made no mention of Day too.

Also with Day, this has clearly been a long term plan, just injuries held him back. They even drafted more defenders this year which confused people because of the squeeze but Day to primary mid was always the plan. Even if he's not quite doing what they want, they'll stick with him in there for as long as possible and if it comes off he could even get close to 90

Also with Day, this has clearly been a long term plan, just injuries held him back. They even drafted more defenders this year which confused people because of the squeeze but Day to primary mid was always the plan. Even if he's not quite doing what they want, they'll stick with him in there for as long as possible and if it comes off he could even get close to 90
Not saying (2023) Will Day and (2022) Jarrod Berry are the same player but i feel like they will have the same role.

inside mid with wing spurts. Berry went on to average 75.

Last year Nick Blakey started at 500k and went on to average 75 off half back and went up $100k in a month or so.

Not the worst pick, will still be short of cash for a premo >$720k i reckon

Yeah to me with his role and the terrible defence options we have, he's a likely starter. 15-20 points upside is plenty. I want to get the cheapest defence I can get away with, then load up elsewhere.

Anyone still going Daicos? Still think he can be a 95 guy this year
Yes, still have him ....agree with your thoughts

Daicos had high ownership B4 the PS games, knowing he was likely to be tagged this year .....same as most of the premo mids ......so if the tag hasn't affected the premo mid ownership %, not sure why it should Daicos ?

Not as if every Club will tag every week

Anyone still going Daicos? Still think he can be a 95 guy this year
Approx 1/3 of the comp are

He’s such an interesting selection.

If not paying up for 2 of the top liners he still feels the best option to me who could pop.

No sure thing though and can see a world where he’s a bad pick and imo most likely one where he isn’t either- he’s a good solid pick who your season isn’t defined by either starting or not starting him

Approx 1/3 of the comp are

He’s such an interesting selection.

If not paying up for 2 of the top liners he still feels the best option to me who could pop.

No sure thing though and can see a world where he’s a bad pick and imo most likely one where he isn’t either- he’s a good solid pick who your season isn’t defined by either starting or not starting him
I went back to him last night for this reason. Structure-wise, a $700k defender feels 'right' and while McGrath looks appealing, he might not be the Essendon defender that pops. By going Daicos, I'm with a third of the competition and I can jump on whichever defender I'm that range that does pop, including Young. If I go too low too early I might not have the funds to jump in the right horse. If Daicos drops a 50 or 60 out of the gate, a third of the comp is with me.

It’s like this

Sicily and Tom Green
V
Daicos and LDU

2 feels more likely to net 2 season keepers

I went back to him last night for this reason. Structure-wise, a $700k defender feels 'right' and while McGrath looks appealing, he might not be the Essendon defender that pops. By going Daicos, I'm with a third of the competition and I can jump on whichever defender I'm that range that does pop, including Young. If I go too low too early I might not have the funds to jump in the right horse. If Daicos drops a 50 or 60 out of the gate, a third of the comp is with me.
Yep trying to not overthink it. He’s a gun and is hungry for the ball. Risk is mitigated being in the defence line as well.

Yep, those 5 will be our main mids. Though, I imagine the likes of Moore, Wingard and a couple of others will get some time in there too.

RE your other post, the only defender we drafted was Bailey MacDonald, but he won't play much this season. But you're right, Day was always going to end up midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are we ranking Jayden Hunt, Constable and Liam Jones?

and could you roll with 2 of them at D4 and D5??

How are we ranking Jayden Hunt, Constable and Liam Jones?

and could you roll with 2 of them at D4 and D5??
In order, top to bottom .....based on value (price v ave)

1. Constable
2. Hunt
3. Jones

I've missed much of the fantasy discourse this offseason, can anyone clue me in as to why Sicily has a relatively low ownership?

I've missed much of the fantasy discourse this offseason, can anyone clue me in as to why Sicily has a relatively low ownership?
I reckon most are going Docherty and cheaper defenders.

Young Daicos Yeo was a popular combo

Nothing wrong with Sicily, people are just paying up for Doch 110+ scores or banking the cash and trying to get a Gulden/Rozee type who are 780/725 instead of Sic 854k

Tossing up Ridley and 60k or McGrath.. The latter more likely to be a keeper i guess, but feel like this new game plan is so suited to Ridley just standing in the middle of the back 50 for a million switches

The fact we have pages debating Jones v Constable v Hunt is the perfect reason why defenders can get in the absolute trash can this year. i plan on having my window zoomed in so i just see the midfield down. Not looking at that dumpster fire of a line!

family guy vomit GIF

The fact we have pages debating Jones v Constable v Hunt is the perfect reason why defenders can get in the absolute trash can this year. i plan on having my window zoomed in so i just see the midfield down. Not looking at that dumpster fire of a line!

family guy vomit GIF
I actually think the top 6 will be pretty good, it’s just that none hold any obvious starting price value

Doc, Dawson, bray should all be over 100. Whitfield will be a strong addition who goes around 100

Sinclair, Stewart, sic, cumming- you’ll end up with a couple going 98+, if not all year certainly in stretches and be easily mid 90s

I'm with you in the 1/3rd. Like WW said, every quality mid is capable of getting tag, and we don't go shy on them for the season or to start with, maybe a the odd week or so - don't see much carnage in that space for the first 3 weeks at least. Then we'll know some more

Probably an unpopular option not sure how much he can improve on 85 but Duggan has been building for sometime, I feel like he's figured out his role, he averaged 105 from memory towards the end of last year, I think he can go 95+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back