Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhh got cha. Yeah it's always an interesting conversation, and I think really the longer your original higher scoring ruck stays on the field scoring more - the longer it becomes a more justified decision. I may very well still start with English, but his niggles in pre-season worry me when I think about if he'll get rested or just break down again. Tough when you have to spend 900K+ which could be used on a gun mid/def/fwd, who you know has good injury history and won't give you the same headaches
I'm now at the point, in fine-tuning my magnificent team, some saying team of the decade ....of factoring in the fixture

Bulldogs have tough early rounds .....FREO & GWS a dream run .....is impacting my player selections

The WB fixture could (will) see English's price drop .....I'd like to pick him up, after the price drop, and when the Bullies fixture free's up a bit

What’s everyone thoughts on Jayden Hunt? Currently am rolling with him and Constable in the backline. Hoping for nothing more than a solid 60 each week, but should I save the money and downgrade to a rookie to play on the field and use the cash elsewhere?
Could be used to upgrade Macrae to Brayshaw and Obrien to English.
Just thought Hunt would be a more stable option and considering I already have 3 rookies in the mid
Probably depends what you think of the $200k defenders. I've got Cincotta on field and would expect one of him, Wilmot, Chesser to be playing each week.

I think Bray will cop Bytel tag week 1 and not convinced English is a must pick at his price point so the security of Hunt is probably worth it given your set up.
Probably depends what you think of the $200k defenders. I've got Cincotta on field and would expect one of him, Wilmot, Chesser to be playing each week.

I think Bray will cop Bytel tag week 1 and not convinced English is a must pick at his price point so the security of Hunt is probably worth it given your set up.
Agree with everyone saying about the amount of rookies, I think Hunt makes cash and could potentially be my first downgrade if it looks this way. Just the fact he has more job security makes me feel a lot safer.
English I think will be the #1 ruck although is up against gawn/Grundy first round.
Thanks legend. Makes me feel like I’m probably making the best choice moving forward

What’s everyone thoughts on Jayden Hunt? Currently am rolling with him and Constable in the backline. Hoping for nothing more than a solid 60 each week, but should I save the money and downgrade to a rookie to play on the field and use the cash elsewhere?
At $379K Hunt's very expensive for a 60 ? ....that maybe optimistic, given the last time he averaged 60+ was 7 years ago

1678140633656.png

Yep, Brodie was crap too before moving to a different team.
More often than not though, history simply repeats itself .....I wouldn't start Hunt, if I'm wrong, I can always bring him in, thus minimizing my risk

Phar Ace
Currently rolling with
901k+ (3)
801k - 900k (4)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (3)
401k - 500k (2)
301k - 400k (3)
201k - 300k (6)
200k (5)
901k+ (5)
801k - 900k (3)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (2)
501k - 600k (0)
401k - 500k (2)
301k - 400k (2)
201k - 300k (7)
200k (6)

Always interesting to see how people structure up overall

Phar Ace
Currently rolling with
901k+ (3)
801k - 900k (4)
701k - 800k (3)
601k - 700k (1)
501k - 600k (3)
401k - 500k (2)
301k - 400k (3)
201k - 300k (6)
200k (5)
Thanks Milo, I think it is a little bit interesting to see if there is much diversity in thinking/approach. If there is enough (and WW teaches me how to use tables with column adjustment) i'll repost and an amalgam of some of the more diverse.

Last edited:
I think Hunts role at WCE is just a bit more appealing, wouldn’t have looked at him at Melb. Perhaps Cole is the better option?
Both are speculative picks ....I don't like speculating when choosing my side, made that mistake a couple of years back, when Reiwoldt said Hunter Clark was ready to be the next SuperStar .....PS hype, can ruin a Fantasy season

Both are speculative picks ....I don't like speculating when choosing my side, made that mistake a couple of years back, when Reiwoldt said Hunter Clark was ready to be the next SuperStar .....PS hype, can ruin a Fantasy season
Yeah fair. I just feel as is everyone’s teams are looking the same and need some risky picks….
Have Liam Henry too. Could bite me haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fair. I just feel as is everyone’s teams are looking the same and need some risky picks….
Have Liam Henry too. Could bite me haha
Not a reason to go against the grain .....with all the info & podcasts now, you expect most sides to be 85% the same in R1 .....the midfield, due to greater choices, still can be a POD

But this game remains a trading game .....so most sides the same round 1 .....but then the expertise of trading, is what separates the Coaches

More often than not though, history simply repeats itself .....I wouldn't start Hunt, if I'm wrong, I can always bring him in, thus minimizing my risk
Fair point, I got burn't last year with Milera and Co. going the full stink in def. and without any bailout option and it left me chasing the pack after wasting two weeks to fix it. Just trying to eliminate that this year.

Hmmmm,

Don't want a poor rookie with weak JS at D6
Don't want to have Phillips on the field at M8
Don't want a rookie small Fwd or rookie KPF at F6

So...

Ginbey at D6
Phillips M9
Bruhn F6

Only fielding 3 rookies, Mackenzie, Ashcroft and Ginbey. But boy oh boy my backline could be a trainwreck just waiting to happen!

Fair point, I got burn't last year with Milera and Co. going the full stink in def. and without any bailout option and it left me chasing the pack after wasting two weeks to fix it. Just trying to eliminate that this year.
And I started with Matt Crouch & Dangerfield in my mids, last season .....those PS calls, destroyed my season, as I was always 2 weeks trading behind everyone else

They represented great value ....but I should have watched their form first, then brought them in

Looked very slow on the weekend .....looked like a draft horse, not good for a smallish player

had a good last half was all that kept him being being a disaster - not sure what to think now - TOG was 112m

1678143368386.png

had a good last half was all that kept him being being a disaster - not sure what to think now - TOG was 112m

View attachment 1623256

Yeah it's always hard with these kinds of picks and this kind of scoring in PS matches.

Dilemma usually posed is, was his first half more indicative of what his role/scoring was, when the heat was on - or was he just blowing the cobwebs out?

Yeah it's always hard with these kinds of picks. Was his first half more indicative of what his role/scoring was, when the heat was on - or was just blowing the cobwebs out?
Interesting observation by a Podcaster .....some players do better early season, when grounds are hard, players bruise free, and the pace is fast ......then as the season progress's into Winter ..players a bit battered, softer grounds, other players come into their own

Where does McLean sit ? ....maybe he improved in the 2nd half, once the pace came off the game ......I mean, I'm just hypothesising

From just a cursory glance at the data posted, it looks like most have 13 in the 600K or above range (fallen premo/breakout/uber territory - who most want to be keepers for at least half the season).

Seems a good balance this year. Either 13/3/6 or 13/4/5 (600k+/300-600K/sub 300k)

Here you go early adopters:

I've got two columns per coach so that if you give me the same breakdown post Post Round 1 - we can see how much your teams changed after the Team Lineups dropped. Also let me know what your surplus cash is now as well - or update your team if it has changed since. For those participating will try and update each few days - room for some more still.

1678146399085.png

Attachments

• 1678145229656.png
    1678145229656.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Yeah it's always hard with these kinds of picks and this kind of scoring in PS matches.

Dilemma usually posed is, was his first half more indicative of what his role/scoring was, when the heat was on - or was he just blowing the cobwebs out?

Or in his case, was it a quiet wing - I know sometimes coaches like to try being dominant on a side of ground to try a few things, like bringing the ball in on the fat side to test peripheral visions, leading patterns, a whole raft of things really.

Last edited:
Here you go early adopters:

I've got two columns per coach so that if you give me the same breakdown post Post Round 1 - we can see how much your teams changed after the Team Lineups dropped. Also let me know what your surplus cash is now as well - or update your team if it has changed since. For those participating will try and update each few days - room for some more still.

View attachment 1623261
Spare for me is 107k

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back