Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like a lot of the top mids have question marks.

Bray tag week 1
Oliver half back
Steele new game plan
Mills and Miller missed PS game.
Zerrett tag week 1 and 3
Dogs players and Bevo

They’ll be more clear along with breakouts when time to upgrade and teams will become more diverse imo.
Theres absolutely no concerns with Oliver. Oliver is the best clearance player this century and isn't going to be playing half back lol. Adam Yze, the assistant coach said that the real season is very different to practice matches. But should Oliver rest there for 3 minutes a game he'll probably just an extra plus 6 each week 😀

Yeah that’s where I’m at currently. Got punished going top price with Touk last year and everyone grabbing him $200k cheaper 😤
And will happen again ....

Never Again Teacher-Blackboard.png

Theres absolutely no concerns with Oliver. Oliver is the best clearance player this century and isn't going to be playing half back lol. Adam Yze, the assistant coach said that the real season is very different to practice matches. But should Oliver rest there for 3 minutes a game he'll probably just an extra plus 6 each week 😀
Don’t disagree that he will one of the top few scorers but still think people are holding off.

And will happen again ....

View attachment 1626887
Animated GIF

Punish me again!

4 or 5 months of research on 800+ players for everyone to end up with the same group of 25.

Hopefully the work pays off in the trading because the starting squads are so similar. As boring as it is, vanilla usually goes ok. Just wish there was a bit more diversity.
All players should be DPP. That'd give us more flexibility and more diverse options, particularly forward and back.

All players should be DPP. That'd give us more flexibility and more diverse options, particularly forward and back.
If all players were dpp we would just end up with all midfielders.

What we need to do is get rid of dpp and make forwards and defenders that aren't normally picked more appealing somehow.

If we need to change how things are score so be it. Start by giving 1 or 2 points for spoils.

Whatever position you play the most in the year before is the position you get for the next year.

If all players were dpp we would just end up with all midfielders.

What we need to do is get rid of dpp and make forwards and defenders that aren't normally picked more appealing somehow.

If we need to change how things are score so be it. Start by giving 1 or 2 points for spoils.

Whatever position you play the most in the year before is the position you get for the next year.
That's pretty much what we do now. Ie aim for all mids.

That's pretty much what we do now. Ie aim for all mids.
Exactly so get rid of dpp and force people to pick defenders and forwards and maybe we will get more people doing a Shadow and picking a Curnow and having it pay off big time.

I want to see teams with players like Hawkins/Lynch/C.Cameron/Stengle etc in the forwards not Dunkley/TT/Rozee etc same goes for defence.

Feels like a lot of the top mids have question marks.

Bray tag week 1
Oliver half back
Steele new game plan
Mills and Miller missed PS game.
Zerrett tag week 1 and 3
Dogs players and Bevo

They’ll be more clear along with breakouts when time to upgrade and teams will become more diverse imo.
Not too worried about Brayshaw. Windhager might not even play and if he does I see Brayshaw still going 80. His lowest score was 78 last year and that was a derby where Nelson tagged him and he still put together like a 40 point last quarter to finish.

Let’s say he goes 80 in round 1.
You’ve then got the Roos, Eagles, Crows and Suns where he can average 120. So that’s 112 across the first 5 rounds.

Sure it’s not nice to have an 80 from a million dollar player staring at you in round 1 but I honestly see that as worst case scenario and can still see him doing a 100.

Also have to remember we have these guys for a whole season. Played 22 games last year which is what you want from these big guys and he is a safe 110, pushing 115-120.

In saying all that, if Windhager is named I’ll probably start Oliver and pick Serong instead as my Dockers mid :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that’s where I’m at currently. Got punished going top price with Touk last year and everyone grabbing him $200k cheaper 😤
I guess though yiu can only pick up so many players. So if he drops it’s certainly not ideal but if 1 of those others does and that’s a higher likelihood then while others are picking up Laird we will be adding alternate fallen promos they are passing up

I guess though yiu can only pick up so many players. So if he drops it’s certainly not ideal but if 1 of those others does and that’s a higher likelihood then while others are picking up Laird we will be adding alternate fallen promos they are passing up
That and I don’t see Laird copping it like Miller did. Went 100 then 142 then tagged to 68 followed by 2 scores under 100 from memory. Can’t see Laird copping a tag for 68 and starting the spiral and losing $200k. If he loses $100k he’s still difficult to get.

That and I don’t see Laird copping it like Miller did. Went 100 then 142 then tagged to 68 followed by 2 scores under 100 from memory. Can’t see Laird copping a tag for 68 and starting the spiral and losing $200k. If he loses $100k he’s still difficult to get.
That’s right, despite his high prove/BE he still feels about as safe as any other to not suffer a drop.

There is always that added risk at that price that if 1 game does go wrong it hits harder but historic consistency is on his side

I think I'm close to my final side. Chasing value and that's it.

Not spending top dollar (950k+). One exception is obviously Dunkley and Docherty who I think is so far above every other defender. Whereas in the mids it's more up in the air.

Fantasy team.jpg

I went through my side and I actually have a fair few PODS. I believe in Bruhn and surprised McKenna (4%??) is so lowly owned.

Main guys I've swapped back and forth is Smith for Bont which allows Stewart to Sicily and Phillipou to Sheezel. I managed to squeeze Dawson in by getting rid of Davey for another 200k guy like McVee.

In the mids targeting guys who will have increased roles. Smith was the #1 fantasy player early last season. It's now prime 5th year breakout time. Kelly hasn't had more than 50% CBA's since he avg'd 115 in 2019.

I think I'm close to my final side. Chasing value and that's it.

Not spending top dollar (950k+). One exception is obviously Dunkley and Docherty who I think is so far above every other defender. Whereas in the mids it's more up in the air.

View attachment 1627245

I went through my side and I actually have a fair few PODS. I believe in Bruhn and surprised McKenna (4%??) is so lowly owned.

Main guys I've swapped back and forth is Smith for Bont which allows Stewart to Sicily and Phillipou to Sheezel. I managed to squeeze Dawson in by getting rid of Davey for another 200k guy like McVee.

In the mids targeting guys who will have increased roles. Smith was the #1 fantasy player early last season. It's now prime 5th year breakout time. Kelly hasn't had more than 50% CBA's since he avg'd 115 in 2019.
I like the team

Pretty close to done now. Only 4 rooks on field and all of Cowan, Davey Jnr, Phillips and Pedlar on the bench, feels like solid depth.

Day down to a Constable/Cole type, Cowan down to Sturt via Chesser down back, and then spare cash on top of Green to turn him into Andy Brayshaw one option, or Bruhn to rook, Phillips on field and Day back up to Cumming, the other option. Also considering Bowes at D4 if he plays, as he's back in full training.

D4, M4, F4 the only changes I'll be making from here:

1678606691859.png

Last edited:
I’d probably field Mackenzie over Davey by moving Poo or Dunks fwd. interesting team though 👍
Yeah onfield rookie placements are yet to be confirmed.

Mine is more a lean towards winning a league comp with a big cash prize to counter the same same teams no doubt my son and his mates will dish up.

But you never know…I might jig a nice fat round one score

For me it was finding ways to avoid the constables, gulden , worpel. Yeo etc

And to definitely have Doc, Laird , English

2 billion combinations later …

Jones and JHF my only concern..but I’ll see how they go

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back