Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Dees have now just come right out and said the quiet part out loud:

Interesting stuff there about Geelong and their CBA share, and how it differed from the rest of the comp drastically. Now other sides will do it, so it'll be harder to pick those Top 8 mids throughout the year, IMO.
I've had Clarry all preseason but had to fade him when he started to go Half back... even though he scored decent.

Melbourne know they peaked too early/fell off a cliff last season so its the smart thing to do.

They'll smoke majority of the competition, get those lads rested for September

Interesting stuff there about Geelong and their CBA share, and how it differed from the rest of the comp drastically. Now other sides will do it, so it'll be harder to pick those Top 8 mids throughout the year, IMO.
It’s easy to move Trac around as he’s so good forward. Duno about Oliver though. Think from your mids you want guys that don’t have a 2nd position, so ya Laird, Steele, Brayshaw

It’s easy to move Trac around as he’s so good forward. Duno about Oliver though. Think from your mids you want guys that don’t have a 2nd position, so ya Laird, Steele, Brayshaw

Laird and Steele yes, Brayshaw no, IMO. Bray can playing wing easily, whereas the other two are far less flexible. Mills is another that can play basically anywhere. Lot of hard choices this year - and coaches as always aren't making it any easier, haha

Laird and Steele yes, Brayshaw no, IMO. Bray can playing wing easily, whereas the other two are far less flexible. Mills is another that can play basically anywhere. Lot of hard choices this year - and coaches as always aren't making it any easier, haha
Yeah fair, guess Bray does that have outside game. Bont v Macrae has been a big one for me this pre season. Both can be Bevo effected so rely unsure. Have Macrae there atm just due to history

Bont will still play forward the most out of the midfield group and obviously is the main tag target. Still think he'll be good but Macrae will be better in fantasy as usual. Libba main beneficiary of Dunks leaving but Crae should also be better for it too. Finding it hard to go past him priced at 102

4 or 5 months of research on 800+ players for everyone to end up with the same group of 25.

Hopefully the work pays off in the trading because the starting squads are so similar. As boring as it is, vanilla usually goes ok. Just wish there was a bit more diversity.
I feel ya.

That early preseason hype of Steele, Macrae & Titch was just gross.. so vanilla

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Phillips + $35k might be a better pick than Bytel.
I see what you're saying there. They probably have the same job security, Bytel until the injured return and the usual with rookies. I thought Bytel might score more than Phillips but I'm not up with the stats atm. I do see who they are up against so Phillips will probably score higher and quicker than Bytel whilst saving extra cash. Cheers!

I see what you're saying there. They probably have the same job security, Bytel until the injured return and the usual with rookies. I thought Bytel might score more than Phillips but I'm not up with the stats atm. I do see who they are up against so Phillips will probably score higher and quicker than Bytel whilst saving extra cash. Cheers!
Not sure bytel will have the security.
Only came on last game due to windhager injury and he may even l play rd1.

If I knew bytel was in the 22 for 4 weeks I’d pick him (but not instead of Phillips whose JS is great, he just needs to be in your team)

I played around with this today by picking the best DPP for def and fwd (with mid status) but selecting them in midfield.

Def and fwd lines then became 1 or 2 keepers, lots of 300-550k value picks and the usual rookies.

Team looked as strong as my actual team. Only issue would be getting all those DPPs back into their rightful position as you trade in true mids.

View attachment 1626795

Hey everybody. I live in the states and am curious if you guys can point out any very obvious problems with my team here, meaning like injuries or huge role changes problems etc. Its hard to get great info over here and just want to be sure there aren't any glaring mistakes. Thanks!
Hey mate, just from a quick glance;

• Hall won't have the role under Clarko by the look of it. Might be questionable if he is best 22 come halfway through the season. You have Hayden Young, Nick Daicos and Andrew McGrath with similar price points as genuine alternatives.
  • Cincotta and Alwyn Davey probably don't have the security to be on field starters.
  • You may need to drop one of Brayshaw/Oliver/Smith down to a Green/Serong/LDU type in order to pay up a bit for rookie cover. Phillipou (Saints) & Mackenzie (Hawks) are the two that are probably must have starters and both are circa $280k.
  • Aside from that, team looks the goods!

View attachment 1626795

Hey everybody. I live in the states and am curious if you guys can point out any very obvious problems with my team here, meaning like injuries or huge role changes problems etc. Its hard to get great info over here and just want to be sure there aren't any glaring mistakes. Thanks!
Hall the only obvious expensive issue

Mid bench I think you’ll have issues. Johnson won’t play, Roberts seems he may but imo as sub more likely

Everyone has Mackenzie so you’ll need him in mids pushing facet to bench. Hollands if named and Philippi the other cash cow yiu may want to strongly consider

May be your personal preference for some reason but 2 bench rookie rucks when we’re expecting none to play is a throw away too

4 or 5 months of research on 800+ players for everyone to end up with the same group of 25.

Hopefully the work pays off in the trading because the starting squads are so similar. As boring as it is, vanilla usually goes ok. Just wish there was a bit more diversity.
100%. The pricing mechanism is messed up. Midpricers are greatly overpriced. 90% of players aren't even considered because they're in that 400-700k price bracket. These guys need to be heavily discounted to open up the playing pool. it would make the game much more interesting and teams a lot different

100%. The pricing mechanism is messed up. Midpricers are greatly overpriced. 90% of players aren't even considered because they're in that 400-700k price bracket. These guys need to be heavily discounted to open up the playing pool. it would make the game much more interesting and teams a lot different
Agree, Tis a stupid game!

Feels like a lot of the top mids have question marks.

Bray tag week 1
Oliver half back
Steele new game plan
Mills and Miller missed PS game.
Zerrett tag week 1 and 3
Dogs players and Bevo

They’ll be more clear along with breakouts when time to upgrade and teams will become more diverse imo.

Feels like a lot of the top mids have question marks.

Bray tag week 1
Oliver half back
Steele new game plan
Mills and Miller missed PS game.
Zerrett tag week 1 and 3
Dogs players and Bevo

They’ll be more clear along with breakouts when time to upgrade and teams will become more diverse imo.
Laird 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams 2023 Fantasy - Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back