Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious to know what people's thoughts are for how their teams will look coming out of the byes, or are people not thinking that far ahead yet? When I look at the 'top 6' in each line, a lot of the guys I don't have (Doch, Oliver, Walsh, Whitfield maybe?) are all or most on the Round 15 bye which means you can't really bring them in over the byes, so either you go for alternatives (Merrett, Sinclair, Brayshaw) or it gets a bit tricky.

It also makes me hesitant to bring in Kennedy this week, but also don't know if I trust a Warner who is very up and down for us at the moment.

To add to the headache I'm then trying to line up who I'd be upgrading in each week over the byes, so even if I was to go say a JJ to Docherty, it'd only make sense to do that in Round 12 when I get 3 rounds out of Doc before his bye.. but JJ's bye isn't until Rd 15 as well, so feels like I'm culling him early.

I'm probably thinking too far ahead and over-complicating some of this, but feel like with a few weeks to go now is the time to be mapping out that stuff so that who I bring in over the next couple of weeks doesn't further complicate my Bye trade plans.

Going Davey down as he's leaking cash to Johnson/sharp and then mills to anyone under 780k. Yeah I could do cinc down but my bench is already sad 🤣 is Warner the best pick under 780? One game under 100 in 6 weeks

Might be dropped with Close to return this week.
Hard with so little decent rooks coming through. Thankfully any of the two trades in will be sitting on the bench and replacing red dots so not much downside. Here's hoping someone half decent gets named to debut during the week.

Curious to know what people's thoughts are for how their teams will look coming out of the byes, or are people not thinking that far ahead yet? When I look at the 'top 6' in each line, a lot of the guys I don't have (Doch, Oliver, Walsh, Whitfield maybe?) are all or most on the Round 15 bye which means you can't really bring them in over the byes, so either you go for alternatives (Merrett, Sinclair, Brayshaw) or it gets a bit tricky.

It also makes me hesitant to bring in Kennedy this week, but also don't know if I trust a Warner who is very up and down for us at the moment.

To add to the headache I'm then trying to line up who I'd be upgrading in each week over the byes, so even if I was to go say a JJ to Docherty, it'd only make sense to do that in Round 12 when I get 3 rounds out of Doc before his bye.. but JJ's bye isn't until Rd 15 as well, so feels like I'm culling him early.

I'm probably thinking too far ahead and over-complicating some of this, but feel like with a few weeks to go now is the time to be mapping out that stuff so that who I bring in over the next couple of weeks doesn't further complicate my Bye trade plans.
Firstly, you have to separate in your mind who realistically is a keeper and who is still a stepping stone, or you will do your head in planning

Docherty's Bye is Round15, so getting him any time up to to say the start of Round 13 works OK, especially if he is a keeper (I think he is), as he is one you will only miss on Round 15, and is there for you during 12, 13, and 14. You could trade him out then but what's the point if he is a keeper. I'm expecting to still have around 5 keepers on that actual round (22-5 plus avail rookies). I'm not sure what the ideal is though -but that looks sound enough for me based on who I currently have and how many trades I need to use to get the balance right - can't shift everyone on.

If trading JJ helps get your Round 15 keeper goal right now - and he is not a keeper, don't sweat it. Go for your goal still

Yeah first time I've really looked much at my structure and I'm way too Rd 15 heavy to grab Kennedy who I reckons value

And now im looking at Mitch Duncan....

Firstly, you have to separate in your mind who realistically is a keeper and who is still a stepping stone, or you will do your head in planning

Docherty's Bye is Round15, so getting him any time up to to say the start of Round 13 works OK, especially if he is a keeper (I think he is), as he is one you will only miss on Round 15, and is there for you during 12, 13, and 14. You could trade him out then but what's the point if he is a keeper. I'm expecting to still have around 5 keepers on that actual round (22-5 plus avail rookies). I'm not sure what the ideal is though -but that looks sound enough for me based on who I currently have and how many trades I need to use to get the balance right - can't shift everyone on.

If trading JJ helps get your Round 15 keeper goal right now - and he is not a keeper, don't sweat it. Go for your goal still

Yeah good shout on JJ. Every year I try to plan through the Byes and never seem to hit them the right way so maybe I'm starting to over-think things but we'll see how we go.

Might mean a double downgrade to Humphrey and Johnson is on the cards this week to start stockpiling cash before launching into upgrade season.

I want only 5 of these guys in my side by Round 12

Edit - it's from the top 30 Avgs (which may change slightly as we approach Round 12)

English, Green, Taranto, Walsh, Nank, Bont, Kelly, Libba, Sheezel,, Ziebel, Doc, Cerra, Cogs

Last edited:
I want my team looking like this out the other side of the Byes:

Daicos
Dawson
Stewart
Day
Docherty
Sinclair

Oliver
Brayshaw
Merrett
green
Bont
Laird
Worpel
Kennedy (?? unsure on this one..)

English
Marshall

Taranto
Dunkley
Gulden
Coniglio
Rozee
Sheezel

I think.. not sure if I'm missing anyone obvious and with the above discussions think Kennedy is the biggest question mark (and perhaps Worpel, it'd be him or Finn and then them as the first upgrade post-byes).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah good shout on JJ. Every year I try to plan through the Byes and never seem to hit them the right way so maybe I'm starting to over-think things but we'll see how we go.

Might mean a double downgrade to Humphrey and Johnson is on the cards this week to start stockpiling cash before launching into upgrade season.
Yeah, did that last week - have $710k in the bank ready to splurge

Tough week upcoming for those of us (aka me) who have Cincotta at D6 and no money in the back.. gonna assume his spot is dicey given they need some scapegoats. Would have to get creative given I dont really wanna trade Callahan (stk) or Ashcroft just yet.

Tough week upcoming for those of us (aka me) who have Cincotta at D6 and no money in the back.. gonna assume his spot is dicey given they need some scapegoats. Would have to get creative given I dont really wanna trade Callahan (stk) or Ashcroft just yet.
That’s why I’m holding Wilmot. Brisbane won’t change a winning team so if Cincotta gets dropped I can easliy swap him in

Saw that Simpkin was saying that Wardlaw is apparently a good chance to debut this week.

That’s why I’m holding Wilmot. Brisbane won’t change a winning team so if Cincotta gets dropped I can easliy swap him in
i ditched Wilmot a while ago, the NM Bergman is my version who is a 40s at best. Gonna be some tense moments at 4:20 on Thursday :oops:

Just having a look through my current bye structure and I’m looking ok for the back end. A bit R12 heavy but good for the rest. And most of the players I have will likely be traded out before or during the byes anyway (Pedlar, Hunt, Hobbs, Callaghan, Ashcroft etc) so I could have 2 or 3 onfield outs only come R14/15.

In terms of keepers in R14/15 I would only have 5 missing overall in those two rounds

Just having a look through my current bye structure and I’m looking ok for the back end. A bit R12 heavy but good for the rest. And most of the players I have will likely be traded out before or during the byes anyway (Pedlar, Hunt, Hobbs, Callaghan, Ashcroft etc) so I could have 2 or 3 onfield outs only come R14/15.

In terms of keepers in R14/15 I would only have 5 missing overall in those two rounds
I think 5 feels the right number for Round 14 and 15 if you base that on the 22 on field, meaning you lose 5 but can hopefully cover / get to best 18 using a rookie or two. If you can get to 4 and not lose a keeper, so much the better I suppose.

Is Karl Worner a sneaky chance to debut soon for Freo - starting to slay them in the WAFL?
has been talked up a fair bit in club media reports on peel, but we still have chapman to come back in and even wilson may still be ahead of him. tough to see a way in for him unfortunately

I think 5 feels the right number for Round 14 and 15 if you base that on the 22 on field, meaning you lose 5 but can hopefully cover / get to best 18 using a rookie or two. If you can get to 4 and not lose a keeper, so much the better I suppose.
Yeah it’s mainly on field.

I should list the missing players for clearer context.

R14 (Hobbs, Sicily, Bro. Smith (maybe, deciding between him and Powell), Pedlar, Daicos, Kelly, Hunt)
Hobbs, Pedlar, Hunt will be out by then. Sicily, Daicos and T Kelly (and maybe Smith) are the keepers.

R15 (Walsh, Bont, Sheezel, Ash, Callaghan, TT)

Walsh, Bont and TT the only major keepers there. If Sheezel starts slowing down a bit towards the end he may be traded. Callaghan will be traded for sure and it should be easyish to do so as he somehow keeps adding money.

Last edited:
Looking to bring In Whitfield this week!

But which is more priority to get out
Rachele BE 100 L3 64
Fiorini BE 58 L3 89

or is Hollands to someone like Mitch Duncan a better shout
Rachele to Whitfield sound like a small win - Fiorini might have another week or two of coin yet - he's an ideal trade for that Round 13 if he can make it.

Hollands was an unusual sub out I would have thought. Interested to hear if he has a niggle of some kind. You get Duncan for 3 weeks then lose him for a week - not the worst and borderline Keeper if he holds form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back