Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 18 Discussion - Carnage !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2,070/18C
Sheezel Day
Taranto
(And anything from Maric)

Weirdly good week with a probable donut!
Went for it with the mid options and am not disappointed
Gawn as a POD is handy!
Traded Gawn two rounds ago after holding, holding, holding..... Wasn't a pleasant discovery his score this round I can tell you.

All season to build a good team then falls apart in 2 ******* days

Copping Humphrey and donut for Serong and Green after trading Titch and Sheldrick
Zez Stew Doch Sinc Butters all f'n crap
Mills Keays crap despite good roles
Still holding Day Ash because of the carnage
And to top it off Laird has an AC joint concern

Season over just like that. So done

Mate, it's like 10,000m race. Sure you are done and dusted, but the race still should be finished - I'm sure I'm still well behind you after starting Rnd 1 in 141st. Finish it off!

When you've had the last 18 months that I've had, you'll probably understand why this year and last year, playing Fantasy hasn't been at the top of my list - especially when it's really been not much fun at all this year.

I'll give ya a hint, I had 2 family members left at the end of last year, and now I have none. Partner and her family are all I have left...and I'm only 34.

Been rough, and sh*tty weekends like this suck all the joy out of my weekend when playing it - which is the whole reason why I play it. Haven't got much joy at all out of it this year.

Oh well, is what it is. Just thought I'd give people an explanation, given I have sounded pretty whiney as of late - and 'woe is me', when it is just a game. I have had some shitty luck though - in life and in this game. Not fun to be reminded of it while playing something you're supposed to enjoy though :)

When you've had the last 18 months that I've had, you'll probably understand why this year and last year, playing Fantasy hasn't been at the top of my list - especially when it's really been not much fun at all this year.

I'll give ya a hint, I had 2 family members left at the end of last year, and now I have none. Partner and her family are all I have left...and I'm only 34.

Been rough, and sh*tty weekends like this suck all the joy out of my weekend when playing it - which is the whole reason why I play it. Haven't got much joy at all out of it this year.

Oh well, is what it is. Just thought I'd give people an explanation, given I have sounded pretty whiney as of late - and 'woe is me', when it is just a game. I have had some shitty luck though - in life and in this game. Not fun to be reminded of it while playing something you're supposed to enjoy though :)
That sucks mate. Find things that give you joy.

All season to build a good team then falls apart in 2 ******* days

Copping Humphrey and donut for Serong and Green after trading Titch and Sheldrick
Zez Stew Doch Sinc Butters all f'n crap
Mills Keays crap despite good roles
Still holding Day Ash because of the carnage
And to top it off Laird has an AC joint concern

Season over just like that. So done

This should make ya feel a bit better, re Laird:

Played the game out, and laid another 5 tackles after that incident - so reckon he's fine :)
1689475642987.png

Thank goodness for your Partner and her family, I'm pleased you have that and you can reach to them when you need to.

This is just a game and all the men and women are merely players in it (paraphrased). Can't remember who said that, but clearly he or she wasn't dealing with repeated subpar scores and countless wasted trades and player outages - else he or she would have said something much more robust :tearsofjoy:

One thing I will say about this game is that irrespective of the my play among the 100,000+ playing (and it's not good) each week is kind of a re-set, marked with new small hopes. OK, the games each round can dish up frustration, but it's kind of cool the few wins along the way through each round. That's my only take at this stage. That I started the season with Nacios,Taranto, Gulden and Rozee and they still thrive, got on NWM when I did, that I finally got on Dawson even though I had him in my original side, but decided I needed to split his funds to two player:rage:. Small wins.

Have enjoyed your banter, would miss it it if it were not there each week.

Eddie Ford clamping Sicily. Maybe going Cogs over him might prove the right call. Can only hope.
Did you end up punting on Perryman? If so you, got what you hoped for 80-90.👏

Eddie Ford clamping Sicily. Maybe going Cogs over him might prove the right call. Can only hope.

Screw you Bevo !! And Horse !! And Ross Lyon !!! And the Scott brothers !!! And whoever is coaching North !!!

Thank goodness for your Partner and her family, I'm pleased you have that and you can reach to them when you need to.

This is just a game and all the men and women are merely players in it (paraphrased). Can't remember who said that, but clearly he or she wasn't dealing with repeated subpar scores and countless wasted trades and player outages - else he or she would have said something much more robust :tearsofjoy:

One thing I will say about this game is that irrespective of the my play among the 100,000+ playing (and it's not good) each week is kind of a re-set, marked with new small hopes. OK, the games each round can dish up frustration, but it's kind of cool the few wins along the way through each round. That's my only take at this stage. That I started the season with Nacios,Taranto, Gulden and Rozee and they still thrive, got on NWM when I did, that I finally got on Dawson even though I had him in my original side, but decided I needed to split his funds to two player:rage:. Small wins.

Have enjoyed your banter, would miss it it if it were not there each week.

Thanks mate, appreciate the post :) Love everyone here too, and it's my favourite place on BF by a country mile. Been here with a lot of the regulars since it really got going, so have always felt like this is our little community that we help build every year. Which is why I get so pissed off when certain people try to disrupt it, haha. Wayne's good with that though.

Know what you mean about the 'little wins', and have had a few along the way...but this week was just...my god...was it a trainwreck. Every thing that could go wrong did, and it obviously wasn't just me. Have been through it ad nauseam, but the ability to have such a bad week this far into the season, and have so many terrible players/outs, it's just pushing sh*t uphill constantly. I've been waiting for that 'one round' where everything just clicks and I go 'ahhh that was fun.' But honestly, just has not happened this year. Combined with everything else, it's just really given me the shits this year. Especially now that rolling lockouts continue to be a thing - which are an absolute stain on this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the only reason I completely avoided Sic this week - seeing what Ford did to Stewart during the second half last week. He's pretty good at it, which is a damn f*cking pain.

Thanks mate, appreciate the post :) Love everyone here too, and it's my favourite place on BF by a country mile. Been here with a lot of the regulars since it really got going, so have always felt like this is our little community that we help build every year. Which is why I get so pissed off when certain people try to disrupt it, haha. Wayne's good with that though.

Know what you mean about the 'little wins', and have had a few along the way...but this week was just...my god...was it a trainwreck. Every thing that could go wrong did, and it obviously wasn't just me. Have been through it ad nauseam, but the ability to have such a bad week this far into the season, and have so many terrible players/outs, it's just pushing sh*t uphill constantly. I've been waiting for that 'one round' where everything just clicks and I go 'ahhh that was fun.' But honestly, just has not happened this year. Combined with everything else, it's just really given me the shits this year. Especially now that rolling lockouts continue to be a thing - which are an absolute stain on this game.
Fair enough, have hoped for the one really good week as well - been a bit elusive. Looked back and I had exceptionally bad rounds early that did me in, no coming back from those two, dropped about 10k. Have learned something from it though, and have a bit of an idea how I'll handle it differently next season. That's the takeway isn't it, between the luck, good and bad, what will we do differently?

This is seriously ****ed. Get free Sic.
I'm silently (well no so silent now I suppose) barracking for Eddie Ford. Oppo has Sicdog and I don;t, could be the difference:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back