Position 2023 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping Cameron was low because 1st game back from injury and building into it

Next game will need to see that reversed to still pick him

Fair bit of chatter that Cox's rucking was fairly crap anyway

Cameron is my F4, but only for the moment - every chance he becomes my R2 as well. Like all of us am trying to see where the salary growth will be while avoiding the chances of decline.

Reckon I'm going Witts R2 as the safe bet

No question on role, priced less than Grundy/ROB and not much more than Cameron/Darcy.

Has a pretty much ruckless Sydney first up followed by Ess and Geelong who he should monster for hitouts. Could argue (at a stretch) has some upside coming off the ACL last year
I thought about Witts too then remembered he had a pretty much a perfect ruck run last year opponent wise, mainly in middle of the season, got to ruck against Sweet & Kozzie as #1 rucks aswell as another handful of backups throughout the year.

He is safe but unsure has any upside at all

Given the 2nd half of last season this seems unlikely as long as Cox plays.
He scores quite well for a ruck who shares the role as much as he does though.
I did a deeper look at the CBAs from last year and you’re right

was basically 50/50 aside from DC 1st 5 games as ruck- 3 were coolness then 2 as clear R1
in those 5 he ave 103.6

from rd 12 he was consistently high 50% with the odd one in 60s and 1 or 2 lower.
he ave 87.5 (86 incl finals)

i know some put the fade-out down to fatigue as not prepared to be leading ruck and a PS preparing for that it’s not a concern. Not sure I buy it myself

im no longer seeing him as a safe 92-95 but more a 88ish expectation with ability to boom with no cox.
‘he’s been locked in for a long time for me but I’m wavering now

but up to english, down to Lycett (a safe 10-15 upside but poor rd1 opponent record isn’t ideal and is 10-15 enough upside for a high end mid pricer- usually he’ll no for a clear non keeper) appear the choices for me

Interesting

he could be an option if want to take some Risk. Worst case I can’t see him regress but could have more upside than others based on 2021.

nothing about his 2022 looks tempting though.

Aside from the 2 subs early what was history. were there injury issues or something going on Holding him back?

I did a deeper look at the CBAs from last year and you’re right

was basically 50/50 aside from DC 1st 5 games as ruck- 3 were coolness then 2 as clear R1
in those 5 he ave 103.6

from rd 12 he was consistently high 50% with the odd one in 60s and 1 or 2 lower.
he ave 87.5 (86 incl finals)

i know some put the fade-out down to fatigue as not prepared to be leading ruck and a PS preparing for that it’s not a concern. Not sure I buy it myself

im no longer seeing him as a safe 92-95 but more a 88ish expectation with ability to boom with no cox.
‘he’s been locked in for a long time for me but I’m wavering now

but up to english, down to Lycett (a safe 10-15 upside but poor rd1 opponent record isn’t ideal and is 10-15 enough upside for a high end mid pricer- usually he’ll no for a clear non keeper) appear the choices for me
I'd lock Lycett in if he didn't have Brisbane. History suggests he could drop a 40, have a high BE and then he's doing the reverse of what he should be doing.

Hypothetical question, do we just punt R2. Play a red-dot there. Make up the ground with the cash elsewhere.
Interesting thought

Lets say you get Lycett at 622k who is probably good for an 80 average.
By dropping him down to a 200k red dot, you are saving 422k and losing 80 points.

Can you spend that 422k to get more than an 80 point improvement.
Probably not

The play would be to find a basement rookie ruck that is going to play. Therefore you aren't needing 422k to get you a net 80 point gain, but likely only a 30 point gain (if a basement ruck goes at 50) which is much more feasible. Problem is we dont have any basement rucks playing

Interesting thought

By dropping him down to a 200k red dot, you are saving 422k and losing 80 points.

Probably not

The play would be to find a basement rookie ruck that is going to play. Therefore you aren't needing 422k to get you a net 80 point gain, but likely only a 30 point gain (if a basement ruck goes at 50) which is much more feasible. Problem is we dont have any basement rucks playing
I was only saying it halfly in jest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thought

Probably not

Esava

Interesting Tom Campbell should play this weekend, ****

Wow they’re going to kill all of the rucks 😅
Lycett and Witts :(

Wait nope umm

Witts and Eng-Nope

Witts and Xerii - nope goldy is back this week

Witts and Ladhahahaha can't even finish that one

Witts and no one

Jack Black GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.