News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

A Reminder 👋🏻

All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.​

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.​

Please reach out to Pies board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on the Pies team board.​

Threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted.​

Anzacday Gone Critical Jen2310 Maggie5

I called the club this morning with a similar question. The helpful staff member said that as P1 we are guaranteed a seated ticket whether we click seated only or seated/standing when we register.
Thats good to know. I became a tad worried looking over the phamphlet they sent, but decided risk it and hope for the best anyway.

Ticketmaster is worse. Now you can't even get 'Print at Home' tickets. Electronic only.

Too bad for me who travels light to games as don't take my phone nor money as it is card only for all transactions at games.
OMG. WORST. THING. EVER.

I know that most people have become accustomed to using their phone for most things, but it's still such an unfair burden on so many to expect them to use technology in this way.

Really makes me angry.

If all goes well I'll likely be getting 2 seats under priority 1, but I'm looking to flip them + whatever the difference is in value for 3 seats anywhere in the stadium or even standing room, anyone know of a site where those transactions are secure?

Just a quick rant

I'm a 15 year member, and always pay a little extra for priority 2 access to the GF, even though I'm interstate and can't make a lot of games

My partner, who has been a crows fan her entire life but last year I finally convinced her to become a Pies fan, and she's now one of the most die hard fans you'll meet - became a member last year so she could join me if we make the GF

Just went to register us for the ballot... and noticed that she mistakenly bought the wrong membership, only entitling her to priority 3

Left us with only two options:

We both register for the ballot under priority 3 (pretty much guaranteed to not get tickets)

We register separately

We've gone for option 2, but she's devastated and blaming herself, meanwhile I realise it's mostly my fault, I'm the experienced member and I should have checked anytime in the last year and not waited until now

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest - very frustrated & won't be making the same mistake again

Someone might have already asked this but wondering if anyone has any idea the chances of priority 2 members getting a GF ticket? I suppose the larger the group and whether you opt into standing room would affect your chances?

Someone might have already asked this but wondering if anyone has any idea the chances of priority 2 members getting a GF ticket? I suppose the larger the group and whether you opt into standing room would affect your chances?
Best chance is solo with option for standing room
Any diversion from that lowers your chances

I went through recent years and it’s always (apart from covid) th e case that the top team gets Friday night and their opponent is off a 6 day break. Not sure why it’s “tough” now.
I know, always the same. There are reasons why teams try to finish as high on the ladder as possible.

Waiting for the conspiracy theories..more rigging & favouritism from the AFL to help us win a GF 🙄

OMG. WORST. THING. EVER.

I know that most people have become accustomed to using their phone for most things, but it's still such an unfair burden on so many to expect them to use technology in this way.

Really makes me angry.
Poor you, do you feel better after posting?

OMG. WORST. THING. EVER.

Really makes me angry.
Tell me about it. They still have a few horse troughs outside the ground but we aren't allowed to ride them to games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick rant

I'm a 15 year member, and always pay a little extra for priority 2 access to the GF, even though I'm interstate and can't make a lot of games

My partner, who has been a crows fan her entire life but last year I finally convinced her to become a Pies fan, and she's now one of the most die hard fans you'll meet - became a member last year so she could join me if we make the GF

Just went to register us for the ballot... and noticed that she mistakenly bought the wrong membership, only entitling her to priority 3

Left us with only two options:

We both register for the ballot under priority 3 (pretty much guaranteed to not get tickets)

We register separately

We've gone for option 2, but she's devastated and blaming herself, meanwhile I realise it's mostly my fault, I'm the experienced member and I should have checked anytime in the last year and not waited until now

Anyway, just wanted to get this off my chest - very frustrated & won't be making the same mistake again

That sucks but for what it's worth you absolutely did the right thing going for option 2.

If we win the Prelim , I will be reviewing any of the corporate club grand final breakfast type events that come with a gf seat. I know this will cost in Vicinity of $1500-$2000

Any recommendations on best option with one of these type of purchases?
I won tickets in 2003 in a radio competition and bought corporate tickets in 2010 and 2011.

The trick I learned in 2011 was that every club gets grand final tickets allocated and try and flog them off. There’s some selling tension that can occur a few days out from the game if they haven’t sold them and they start dropping in price. From memory I got the 2010 ones from Brisbane for around $600 each (retail was $1000 or so) and then 2011 from Melbourne which was almost face value (maybe $1k instead of $1.1?

Give the clubs a call and find out what they are offering.

Absolutely worth it in 2010 obviously but they are very expensive and after 2011 I said to myself I’d probably only do it once a decade.

Luckily I’m now a 25+ member so hopefully I’ll be able to get GF tickets via the ballot from this point on

I'm a 17 year member but only have a reserved seat (MCG) membership. What level of membership gives you P1 or P2? And is it worth it?

EDIT: Did successfully get my P3 ballot though, fingers crossed

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back