News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

A Reminder 👋🏻

All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.​

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.​

Please reach out to Pies board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on the Pies team board.​

Threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted.​

Anzacday Gone Critical Jen2310 Maggie5

I got tickets, but I still sent a complaint email to:

membership@afl.com.au

Everyone needs to flood them with emails. Call SEN, Tweet at them. They need to know and understand why it's stupid they don't apply the Grand Final rules to all Finals and H&A Games.
Agree, I'm gold and missed out today on afl allocation trying to buy 3 by the time the server let me in.

I've still got a ticket through work, but my mum or dad missed theirs who are also gold member.

I've waited my time to become a gold member and pay more for the membership There should be a priority for the cost.

I have been a silver afl member pies club support for 13 years. Does anyone know how long wait list for gold?? When we first signed up we were told 10 years.

I have been a silver afl member pies club support for 13 years. Does anyone know how long wait list for gold?? When we first signed up we were told 10 years.
Don't think they can give a time frame - depends on the amount of Gold Members that don't renew.
My first year as an AFL member was 1996 season, and I was offered full membership just before the finals series in 2001. I went to the 2001 Grand Final. For me, it was really fast, but membership numbers apparently blew out in 2010.

I used my AFL member barcode to access the club allocation at 10am. Meant I had to pay $125 to reserve a seat for myself and my daughter, but better than potentially missing out on the AFL member allocation

Interesting. Didnt know you could do that. Ive got Legends as well as AFL Gold - Collingwood support. Will you me able to do this for the Grand Final ie - Use AFL member barcode to get seats together with Legends membership?

I still don't get how the ticketing system works. I got on about 2 minutes before 12, not even hoping to get anything by 10 past and was quite shocked to see the page come up to get tickets (on desktop). I have never gotten tickets that fast before even for home and away games.

A friend got on about the same time and it was about 20 mins before she got hers.
The system is broken.

I get on a phone and a PC at 11.45AM and 11.55AM and I get through at 12.01PM on the PC (Which I cued for at 11.55AM and on separate networks)

Something seriously needs to be done to fix this.

I still don't get how the ticketing system works. I got on about 2 minutes before 12, not even hoping to get anything by 10 past and was quite shocked to see the page come up to get tickets (on desktop). I have never gotten tickets that fast before even for home and away games.

A friend got on about the same time and it was about 20 mins before she got hers.

The system is broken.

I get on a phone and a PC at 11.45AM and 11.55AM and I get through at 12.01PM on the PC (Which I cued for at 11.55AM and on separate networks)

Something seriously needs to be done to fix this.

More poor design than a broken system. Ticketek uses a holding screen to manage traffic loads instead of a queue to prioritise customers by time. Essentially it’s pot luck if there’s an available session when your holding screen refreshes.

12yr Legends member here. In the queue @ 10am didn’t get in until 10:40am. Watching that page refresh for so long was giving me serious anxiety. Best I could get was in up in the nose bleeds Q32 (2 tickets).

I’m glad I’m going but for the membership I pay I’m pissed at waiting so long to essentially get general public seating privileges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think they can give a time frame - depends on the amount of Gold Members that don't renew.
My first year as an AFL member was 1996 season, and I was offered full membership just before the finals series in 2001. I went to the 2001 Grand Final. For me, it was really fast, but membership numbers apparently blew out in 2010.

Similar. Signed up in 98.

Was gold by 2001 or 2002

Do you have a source? It’s not been something I’ve been able to find?
Total afl members I recently saw was 49,500 with mcg capacity of 22,0000 and marvel capacity of 6,000.

Total gold members is capped at 30,000
Are we talking gold or all levels?
all levels. Collingwood have 6,000 gold members more than any club. Next best is Carlton with 4,500 and Essendon with 4,000

Seems like a really simple fix.

1st priority - AFL gold members of competing club support
2nd priority - AFL silver members of competing club support and all other AFL gold members.
3rd - Bronze competing club support and all other silver members.

Split it into hour blocks over release day. Allows gold Collingwood support members the best chance and best seats. Plenty of chances for silver members to get tickets.

I have mates who are Richmond gold and they got tickets for my collingwood mates which is good for them but not really fair on people who pay good money for gold and missed out.
I would slightly change it as the gold members would be in uproar as there should be entitlements for gold members. This is how I would do it;

1st access - gold members with competing club support packages
2nd access - gold members
3rd access - silver members with competing club members
4th access - silver members
5th access- bronze members

This cannot be too hard surely to organise. I have been a gold member since 2003 and what benefits except for gf tickets do I actually get.

Hate to see what will happen in two weeks time if Collingwood lose to the dees and the blues win. It be like the Richmond prelim final all over again.

I would slightly change it as the gold members would be in uproar as there should be entitlements for gold members. This is how I would do it;

This cannot be too hard surely to organise. I have been a gold member since 2003 and what benefits except for gf tickets do I actually get.

Hate to see what will happen in two weeks time if Collingwood lose to the dees and the blues win. It be like the Richmond prelim final all over again.
Ultimately the decision point is whether you want to prioritise interested onlookers who have longevity of membership or genuine supporters of the clubs playing. I lean the latter and hence would structure Club support over status given acquisition of status isn’t a greater financial contribution in a given year, it’s just longevity of membership.

Total afl members I recently saw was 49,500 with mcg capacity of 22,0000 and marvel capacity of 6,000.

Total gold members is capped at 30,000

all levels. Collingwood have 6,000 gold members more than any club. Next best is Carlton with 4,500 and Essendon with 4,000
Also for the grand final 7,000 tickets are released to the competing clubs. So basically if we make the grand final we will have no issue in getting a grand final ticket unless we play the blues.

Agree. As a gold member since 2001, I would expect to see he fits for being good and paying extra, beyond access to the grand final.

I know of Richmond and Essendon AFL members that have bought tickets to our game.

Funny I now have absolute no interest in going to finals if Collingwood isn't playing.

Have been to two grand finals (92 and 94 with Geelong family members) over 35 years of membership and found it boring so never again.

I was able to grab 2 standing rooms about 15 mins ago after waiting in the queue for 40 mins. Nothing else available though
Not good enough, I wouldn't stand for it.

If you want to check the view from where you will be sitting, try this:

It works, this is my view.

shutterstock_521293000-1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back