News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

A Reminder 👋🏻

All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.​

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.​

Please reach out to Pies board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on the Pies team board.​

Threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted.​

Anzacday Gone Critical Jen2310 Maggie5

That’s ridiculous, being able to change who you “support” every year. That’s just who you think will make the GF each year. Surely you name your actually team and that’s it or to be generous allow 1 change every 5yrs.
I think they are just trying to stop the changing of clubs thing.

It would be illegal to cap new members just because they nominate Collingwood.

I think they are just trying to stop the changing of clubs thing.

It would be illegal to cap new members just because they nominate Collingwood.
It would also fly in the face of their suggestion that the AFL membership is for neutrals that enjoy going to the football for multiple clubs. In capping a Collingwood support members entitlement to gold you are in effect punishing them for having Collingwood as a preferred club by reducing their ability to access neutral grand finals in the second release of tickets in favour of sign ups of other club support signing up later.

Of course, the hypocrisy would only be a result of them shitting themselves at having to increase AFL Member Grand Final allocations for the Pies to avoid disquiet when golf club supports start missing out on tickets. God forbid those corporate allocations be reduced…

Maggie5

Can’t recall if you’ve posted on this - but have you got tickets?
Lucky to get M17 for four of us, grandson missed out but he is okay about it as his ankle still in plaster and had trouble moving about a couple of weeks ago.

Funny enough I could have got a ticket and sold but don't like those who do that as then a genuine supporter with membership misses out. Also twice I have been stopped and asked for membership details so don't want to loose my membership as AFL tickets are not transferable.

Lucky to get M17 for four of us, grandson missed out but he is okay about it as his ankle still in plaster and had trouble moving about a couple of weeks ago.

I’ll be queuing up outside the MCC members early on Sat morning. Wish me luck🙏

Does anyone know how to safely take possession of resold / swapped tickets?

In my case, I'm looking at swapping two standing room tickets for seated tickets for my parents, who can't stand for the duration of the game due to health.

How would I actually conduct the swap?

Meet the person inside the ground, after all parties have scanned in, then do what? Swap paper tickets or something?

I’ll be queuing up outside the MCC members early on Sat morning. Wish me luck🙏
All the very best of good luck, you are there every week, shocking if you miss out.

Gee I hope you get one, let me know.

For anyone in the secondary ticket market please be careful. I have spotted 3 obvious scams already - some a little more sophisticated than others. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the tickets, if they are legit they shouldn’t mind.

Be critical and pay attention to all the details if they provide screenshots of proof of purchase. Cross reference everything they say with seating maps etc. as well. More often than not, it won’t add up if they are fake.

Hi Vicky.

How does that usually go with lining up for MCC? How early do you line up?
Do you know if they ever open up GF to restricted MCC members?

Hope you get great seats! Thanks

The MCC members reserve opens at 8 am. There will be two queues - the long queue for full members, and the shorter priority queue for 50 year members. Restricted members don’t usually have access to the GF, unless there are spare seats. But there won’t be.

In an amazing coincidence and bit of good luck given the Pies are in the GF, I was added to the 50 year member’s category this year - one of 1400 women who were the first to join the MCC as equal members. So yes - I’m historic!

I will therefore be in the short queue at about 6-6.30am, but otherwise I’d be in the long queue from about 4am. I’ve done it before, and have always got a seat, but mostly in the nosebleeds.

The MCC members reserve opens at 8 am. There will be two queues - the long queue for full members, and the shorter priority queue for 50 year members. Restricted members don’t usually have access to the GF, unless there are spare seats. But there won’t be.

In an amazing coincidence and bit of good luck given the Pies are in the GF, I was added to the 50 year member’s category this year - one of 1400 women who were the first to join the MCC as equal members. So yes - I’m historic!

I will therefore get in the short queue at about 6-6.30am, but otherwise I’d be in the long queue from about 4am. I’ve done it before, and have always got a seat, but mostly in the nosebleeds.

Thanks Vicky!
Hope its a fittingly historic day !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not worthy. :)

X J

Hi guys

I'm desperate for x2 tickets grand final tickets and happy to pay overs for them.

I currently have x1 category 5 seated ticket (section Q) if you would like to swop. Please dm me if you're interested - can meet up in Melbourne to purchase.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can upgrade concession to adult? My friend has 2x concession tickets that she isn’t going to use. Can she pay the additional $50 to upgrade?

Looking more and more likely I'll miss out on going after having apparently secured tickets from a well off friend of a friend(2k each) and then an hour later being told it fell through.... :(

Do you need a ticket for the live site at the AIA Centre or can you just walk up and pay the entry fee?

Funny enough I could have got a ticket and sold but don't like those who do that as then a genuine supporter with membership misses out. Also twice I have been stopped and asked for membership details so don't want to loose my membership as AFL tickets are not transferable.
How recently were you asked?

Been an AFL member for 27 years (God that makes me sound old) and have never been stopped once.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back