News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

A Reminder 👋🏻

All posters are reminded of legislation in place protecting tickets from scalping, any reselling of tickets must not be advertised for more than 10% over their face value.​

BigFooty does not warrant any sales of tickets to matches & events, all members buying and selling do so at their own risk.​

Please reach out to Pies board moderators in the first instance prior to posting any threads advertising the sale of finals tickets on the Pies team board.​

Threads advertising ticket sales will be deleted.​

Anzacday Gone Critical Jen2310 Maggie5

1k for a ticket that cost 200? Members like that should lose their memberships.

In the end of the day it's paid for the membership next year and he has made a Collingwood silver member very happy.

It's win win.

Surely the Carlton or Melbourne boards are better places to source tickets?
I have no intention of selling mine and would be surprised if a Pies supporter would choose to.
Am I wrong?
Yep. Cover all angles when you're pursuing a grand final ticket!

In 2018 a Pies member in Canberra sold me his 1 x standing room ticket for face value in response to my wanted add on Gumtree. His brother in law had secured seats for them. He wanted his ticket to go to a Pies supporter.

I have heard the word die hard thrown around a bit the last 48 hours.

Not sure you can call yourself that when not even a member.

I have gone to about 13 games this year including Perth game and currently a 15 year member, I wouldn't even call myself a die hard.

The maths doesn’t work if you’re an interstate supporter.

$1,000 pa for a GF ticket-guaranteed membership (plus travel and accommodation costs) is a hell of a lot to pay if you can only get to a couple of home and away games per season.

You are very fortunate to live in VIC and see OUR beloved Pies play in person 15+ times per season, plus finals and, hopefully GF’s. Long may you enjoy it. But there are lots of interstate supporters who love the club just as passionately as you do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Does which club you support have any impact on likelihood of getting a GF ticket as a Gold AFL member?

Yeah, that’s cheap compared to what a person at work was offered by an AFL Gold Member today. For x2 tickets, they want $5000… outrageous!

He won't get that.

Hit him up Thursday bet it's half that price.

Does which club you support have any impact on likelihood of getting a GF ticket as a Gold AFL member?
Yes. Gold Club support get a 2hr exclusive window before Gold non club support.

So Collingwood and Brisbane AFL Gold had 11am-1pm to themselves. What was left over went up for grabs to the rest of AFL Gold.

It's all about who makes it.

If it was Pies vs Blues no way would people get a ticket who had memberships without Pies/Blues support.

We get first crack which was 11am Sunday.

Pies have the most AFL members which are around 7000.

Now getting called out by the media. Whilst Ticketek's allocation of the seats was inept it doesn't go far enough to call out the AFL for the measly 17k allocation.

I think the club has done well to ensure that all P1 members will now get a seat but this whole affair was not well managed.

"...
When you buy a premium membership for about a grand, that is sold with the implicit if not explicit guarantee of a grand final ticket if your team makes it that far, you have a reasonable expectation that: A) you will get a ticket; B) it will be a seat; C) it will not be restricted viewing and; D) it will be closer to the grass than the roof.

You do not assume: A) you have only a short window to try to buy the ticket; B) that others who pay less for lower-ranked memberships get better seats than you; C) to be told by the ticketing agency it’s somehow your fault; D) you get a standing-room ticket and not a seat; or worst of all E) no ticket at all.
Ticketing would be maddeningly difficult to manage but you know who should be good at it? Ticketing companies. It seems to be a fairly central part of the job. This should not happen.

..."

Hi there, just wondering if anyone had 2 tickets they would consider selling to the GF for a long suffering Pies supporter?

If so, could you please send me a PM. Many thanks

Now getting called out by the media. Whilst Ticketek's allocation of the seats was inept it doesn't go far enough to call out the AFL for the measly 17k allocation.

I think the club has done well to ensure that all P1 members will now get a seat but this whole affair was not well managed.

"...
When you buy a premium membership for about a grand, that is sold with the implicit if not explicit guarantee of a grand final ticket if your team makes it that far, you have a reasonable expectation that: A) you will get a ticket; B) it will be a seat; C) it will not be restricted viewing and; D) it will be closer to the grass than the roof.

You do not assume: A) you have only a short window to try to buy the ticket; B) that others who pay less for lower-ranked memberships get better seats than you; C) to be told by the ticketing agency it’s somehow your fault; D) you get a standing-room ticket and not a seat; or worst of all E) no ticket at all.
Ticketing would be maddeningly difficult to manage but you know who should be good at it? Ticketing companies. It seems to be a fairly central part of the job. This should not happen.

..."

Who said that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Grand Finals where they sell that standing area, yes.

I'm in the same pod as you, which OK by way of being on the wing. Were I placed deep in a pocket in standing area, I may have flipped the ticket.
I got a seat at the front of Q36, but dad's 74 so I gave him my seat and took the standing room ticket. Normally not keen on standing at the MCG but M21 looks a pretty decent vantage point.

Heard they have capped Gold with Collingwood.

You could change your support each year and currently the only team you can't change support for now is Collingwood.

That’s ridiculous, being able to change who you “support” every year. That’s just who you think will make the GF each year. Surely you name your actually team and that’s it or to be generous allow 1 change every 5yrs.

The afl only allocating 17,000 tickets per club is one matter.
Where those tickets are is another.

Today I encountered two separate “theatre goers” who each have been gifted “corporate seats” through family connections linked to car company sponsors; Mazda and Kia.

One, a casual non member Carlton supporter, was stating he’ll sell his to someone safe for $1500ea.
(Don’t message me, I’m not that close).
Was very casual about the opportunity.
The other, a Collingwood die hard received them from his brother in law and a pumped to be going.
(Works in hospo so doesn’t have a membership).

Both sets of tickets are gold plated ground level.

While I and many other long standing members are up with the pigeons. Or missing out.

Doesn’t seem right.

I've been allocated 4 x Standing Room tickets in bay M16 in the Southern Stand.

Im looking at the possibility of swapping two of my tickets (or even all 4) for seated tickets anywhere in the ground. Can be anywhere in the nosebleed or Restricted View seats.

The reason being, my elderly parents will be unable to stand for the whole game. We went through the ballot process with our fingers crossed we might get seated tickets but it hasn't panned out that way. My preference would be to trade for four seats somewhere in the ground so we could all sit togther, or failing that me and my partner will be fine to stand if I could secure two seats for my folks.

If anyone has 2 x seats (or 4) they'd rather swap for standing room in bay M16 pls contact me to discuss.

Only thing is, im not sure how it would work in terms of actually swapping the tickets. Like, how does each party actually take possession of the other's tickets etc. I need to research how best to do the actual trade..
Hi mate, I have two tickets in q52 if you’d like to swap for your two standing room? My parents struggle with vertigo up the top. thank you so much. PM me 😊

The afl only allocating 17,000 tickets per club is one matter.
Where those tickets are is another.

Today I encountered two separate “theatre goers” who each have been gifted “corporate seats” through family connections linked to car company sponsors; Mazda and Kia.

One, a casual non member Carlton supporter, was stating he’ll sell his to someone safe for $1500ea.
(Don’t message me, I’m not that close).
Was very casual about the opportunity.
The other, a Collingwood die hard received them from his brother in law and a pumped to be going.
(Works in hospo so doesn’t have a membership).

Both sets of tickets are gold plated ground level.

While I and many other long standing members are up with the pigeons. Or missing out.

Doesn’t seem right.
We had fantastic seats for both GFs in 2010, but then up with the pigeons for both 2011, 2018 and this year.

I guess the allocations must have changed after 2010.

I’m not too fussed about sitting up the top though, just so excited to be going.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2023 Finals Tickets Thread (Rusted on Posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back