Game Day 2023 Grand Final: Lions v Pies ! (Port hummin still an option in here )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to apologise. It’s ok to be wrong.

Have a joint or a crank and cheer up mate. Life aint worth getting too worked up over a netural footy game.

Don't worry mate, all good.

Get when people dislike certain teams and that end up winning. Don't want to needlessly escalate things on a non North thread of all places so will leave it there.

Well they did fire coaches (Buckley and Cameron) and hired new coaches (McRae and Kingsley).

Yes and did they hire two more coaches in between and have one last a year and the other a year and a half?

I absolutely love finals as they’re happening, then experience this huge come down afterwards. I just can’t believe how little we’ve experienced that stuff in the last 20 years.
This

How ****ed are we that we’ve seen 5 wins in two seasons and the last win cost us a genuine No 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This

How ****ed are we that we’ve seen 5 wins in two seasons and the last win cost us a genuine No 1
Yep. Although I’ve become numb to that a bit anyway. Love to win no doubt, but I don’t really feel anything of substance beyond the immediate elation afterwards unless we’re genuinely contending/competing. And in turn the losses hurt less.

This year I was frustrated until about Round 8-9 every time we lost because after those first two games I dared to dream we might be able to rise quicker than I thought. After that became a pipe dream I was really just hoping to see improvement, which didn’t really happen either.

I just hope the abundance of top end draft talent we’re accumulating will overwhelm in the end. The comp is just so freaking hard though. There are way too many guys in our best 22 that are absolutely nowhere near capable of withstanding that level tonight.

Yep. Although I’ve become numb to that a bit anyway. Love to win no doubt, but I don’t really feel anything of substance beyond the immediate elation afterwards unless we’re genuinely contending/competing. And in turn the losses hurt less.

This year I was frustrated until about Round 8-9 every time we lost because after those first two games I dared to dream we might be able to rise quicker than I thought. After that became a pipe dream I was really just hoping to see improvement, which didn’t really happen either.

I just hope the abundance of top end draft talent we’re accumulating will overwhelm in the end. The comp is just so freaking hard though. There are way too many guys in our best 22 that are absolutely nowhere near capable of withstanding that level tonight.

Yeh absolutely

I hear ya. Will be hard putting up with another year of bottom 4 footy.

We’ve just moved one on and extracted a pick that will hopefully bring us a kid that will.

It’s a start.

I must be blind, cos I didn't see what everyone else saw. GWS had chances in that last quarter and couldn't break through. Both defences were brilliant, to be honest. I'm still open to the conspiracy view, but I'll have to see some seriously dodgy calls made for the Depressions tomorrow to consider adopting it

Was at the game. GWS could have won it with a little bit of luck. I thought their best football tonight was better than Collingwoods best. Extra time would have been insane. Pies were just a bit more tougher and are a more battle hardened team. Crowd definitely played a part also. They better a lot play better than they have in both finals if they want to win next week though. It’s been an incredible finals series so far with 2 more big games to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back