2023 Hot takes

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see what everyone else sees in MRJ, if he didn't have a famous name he would be a whipping boy.

Whilst I acknowledge his elite pace and therefore can apply pressure, that's undone by his awful decision making and absolutely terrible kicking penetration.

Ducks for cover
Bump.

Great pressure, can't kick a footy.

Got a few but will start with JR8 shouldn't be in our best 22. Contrary to popular relief he doesn't take attention away from Lynch and with Martin/Bolton and of course Lynch the deep forward spot is well and truly occupied meaning he has to play further up the ground where he still isn't an aerial threat (once was, not doubting that) and doesn't have the athleticism to get back. Cumberland is far more suited to playing that role.

Lynch continually 3v1 so far this season. Cumberland is more of a threat both in the air and at ground level and should be selected ahead of him. Its only as a small forward that Cumberland is average or below average relative to pressure acts and playing that role but in the same role that Jack is playing he is a significant upgrade.

Ben Miller should be the back up ruckman given he can play forward or in defence when not rucking. Should only be playing a legit second key forward against certain opposition.

Nank continues to be a liability. Can't win anything cleanly in the ruck, more often than not gets in the way of our midfielders at ground level and his opponents absolutely dominate his around the ground as far covering ground. His efforts to attempt to mark as the kick down the line are nothing short of embarrassing.

Think we will see that we’re a better side without Cotchin & Jack

The failure to nail any of our picks in the 2018 draft is hurting us this season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Think we will see that we’re a better side without Cotchin & Jack

The failure to nail any of our picks in the 2018 draft is hurting us this season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To be fair it's a pretty bad draft after the top 10. After RCD at 20, Rowbottom at 25 is the only one you'd really say we "missed". Ross at 43 is looking like a half decent selection to this point compared to others in his draft.

I don't see what everyone else sees in MRJ, if he didn't have a famous name he would be a whipping boy.

Whilst I acknowledge his elite pace and therefore can apply pressure, that's undone by his awful decision making and absolutely terrible kicking penetration.

Ducks for cover
Bump x 4.

Never in doubt, easy money every week.

We are going to send a top 4 draft pick to GWS this season.....

Bump x 4.

Bump x 5.

This bloke more interested in pirouettes for his highlight reel every time he touches the ball - worst decision maker in the league.

Also.... He still can't kick a footy.

If he didn't have a famous surname he wouldn't even make the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ducks for cover
March 5th.

You won't see a more accurate hot take than this.

Amazing what a famous surname does for your career.

Nail. Head.

You're welcome.

Ducks for cover

Bump.

Maurice makes far too many mistakes.

If he didn't have a famous name people would talk about him like Mansell.

That missed tackle on Laird is inexcusable, Rory didn't even know he was coming and still just brushed him off.

Bump.

Great pressure, can't kick a footy.

My hot take on M Rioli

Bump x 4.

Bump x 5.

This bloke more interested in pirouettes for his highlight reel every time he touches the ball - worst decision maker in the league.

Also.... He still can't kick a footy.

If he didn't have a famous surname he wouldn't even make the VFL.

March 5th.

You won't see a more accurate hot take than this.

Amazing what a famous surname does for your career.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716-192513.png
    Screenshot_20230716-192513.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Nail. Head.

You're welcome.

You are kidding yourself. Players should be spewing when they are subbed off. All they were going to do was explain why he was subbed(to give Hugoralph a bit of game time.)

You could never accuse this bloke of not being a team player. There is a reason were are 15-2-8 in games he has played since debut and 7-1-9 in games he has missed since debut.

You are kidding yourself. Players should be spewing when they are subbed off. All they were going to do was explain why he was subbed(to give Hugoralph a bit of game time.)

You could never accuse this bloke of not being a team player. There is a reason were are 15-2-8 in games he has played since debut and 7-1-9 in games he has missed since debut.

Yeah, the reason is because we were a much better team when he debuted and we could gift youngsters games to get them exposure - it's the luxury of being a 3 time Premiership team with the our best coach in the history of the club.

When you're no longer one of the leading teams, you can't afford to gift players games.

Ivan Marić helped build this winning culture and is one of the most respected at the club. Maurice is about to get a reality check and I'll bet he won't pay again this season ahead of Mansell and even Coulthard.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 Hot takes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back