2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 47 Second Semi Final South Africa v Australia 16/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to swap my South Africa shirt for an India shirt, hopefully we can get some revenge for the 2003 WC final.

I've got faith in RohitSharma, King Kohli and the rest of our guys that we can knock off you Aussies in the final.
You're a dead set embarrassment.

Head Maxwell Warner starc really feels like one of them needs game of their life for us to win, India have more match winners we have relied heavily on smaller group but never know somebody like head has a special game we could pull off upset.
It's more the bowlers that need a special game. If our place bowlers can somehow have a good game against their batting we can be a chance. Get smashed like near all game except the semi and a couple others it's not happening.

Head Maxwell Warner starc really feels like one of them needs game of their life for us to win, India have more match winners we have relied heavily on smaller group but never know somebody like head has a special game we could pull off upset.
Yeah, someone is going to have to play an absolute blinder, no doubt.

Gonna be fun. We can't do any more in this tournament then we have to this point.

Well done to the team but jeez some of the batsmen should be ashamed of their shots.

I know the team wants to be positive, but when you have 30 overs to play with, get your ******* eye in before going for slogs or premeditated bullshit FFS
Yea good to win but has to be said that was a situation where Smith, Lab and Maxy should have been able to steer it home comfortably. And they just didn't. Very poor by them.

Well done to the team but jeez some of the batsmen should be ashamed of their shots.

I know the team wants to be positive, but when you have 30 overs to play with, get your ******* eye in before going for slogs or premeditated bullshit FFS
This doesn't really make sense, Warner, Lab, Smith and head were all in before their big shots

Time to swap my South Africa shirt for an India shirt, hopefully we can get some revenge for the 2003 WC final.

I've got faith in RohitSharma, King Kohli and the rest of our guys that we can knock off you Aussies in the final.
You really should be deported.

I thought you'd be delighted because at least we ended up with a competitive game?

Or do you mostly watch just to barrack for the opposition as vociferously as you do your Kiwis?

Chasing remains bloody tough, even if you have the good fortune of favourable first innings bowling conditions.

If Cummins brings his lucky coin and can send us in to bat, we have a chance.

India would remain favourites chasing almost any total, but under the lights 300 plus would give us a contest.

It's difficult to see us chasing over 250 against India or indeed keeping them to a smaller first innings total than that.

As has been said before though, the SF victory should be savoured by us on the sidelines. As an ODI side we looked about the fifth most functional unit headed into the tournament and after our first two games.

Man for man, South Africa looked a better fit for this format. Making the final is a big achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you'd be delighted because at least we ended up with a competitive game?

Or do you mostly watch just to barrack for the opposition as vociferously as you do your Kiwis?

I was glad it ended up being a competitive game, a shame that SA couldn't get up but they probably would have been smashed in the final.

Australia might get smashed too but I think they will put up a better fight than SA would have and hopefully it is another competitive game.

I can't see it beating the 2019 World Cup final though, it would need to be out of this world amazing to beat that game.

I was glad it ended up being a competitive game, a shame that SA couldn't get up but they probably would have been smashed in the final.

Australia might get smashed too but I think they will put up a better fight than SA would have and hopefully it is another competitive game.

I can't see it beating the 2019 World Cup final though, it would need to be out of this world amazing to beat that game.
2019 was so tense it had me standing and pacing for the last 10 overs.

Can’t believe they didnt drop that dud Bevuma, did they seriously think he was going to turn his rubbish form around in a cut throat semi? Selfish campaigner should have dropped himself
Cost them big.

I don’t know what to say, really. Three days till the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to Sunday. Now either we heal as a team or we’re gonna crumble, inch by inch, ball by ball, 'til we’re finished.

We’re in hell right now, gentlemen, believe me. And, we can stay here -- get the shit kicked out of us -- or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell one ball at a time.

I was watching Smith and Lab facing the spinners and thinking about the melts on here of people complaining that they were not hitting any 4's or 6's.

I thought Inglis should have come out after Lab instead of Maxwell.

Is Maxwell really a great player of spin? he always seems to ride his luck and always looks gettable early on.

Labs dismissal sums up Australian cricket in the last 3-4 years.

It's too much to ask to cruise along to a period of good bowling so let's play a reverse sweep..

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 47 Second Semi Final South Africa v Australia 16/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back