Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They've added a fringe player from the Suns, a fringe player from GWS, potentially a fringe player from Collingwood and an Irishman who's years out of the game.

And that equates to back to back ?

They may well salute again, but it won't be due to those listed above.
And this year they added a fringe player who’d been out of the AFL for a year

Geelong
Carlton
Sydney
Port Power
Melbourne
Richmond
Brisbane
Collingwood

Bulldogs
Gold Coast
Freo
St Kilda
Adelaide
Hawthorn
GWS
Essendon
West Coast
North
How many years extension for Hinkley then?

They've added a fringe player from the Suns, a fringe player from GWS, potentially a fringe player from Collingwood and an Irishman who's years out of the game.

Yeah, the development of guys like De Koning, Holmes and Parfitt will be far more relevant to their flag defence than any of those guys.

And this is EXACTLY why people like you get seduced into Carlton every off season.

Meanwhile, teams like Collingwood are perennially underrated because whilst our top end may not be as attractive as other clubs, we bat deeper than most. Hence our regular top 4 finishes in recent times.

So, no I'm not jealous than Carlton are always overrated and always underdeliver, whilst my own team are regularly underrated yet I continue to watch them at the pointy end more often than not..
If I had to pick a roughy then with a soft draw I could see Adelaide making it. The Crows need a lot of variables to go right absolutely but I saw this year in about 5 games or so that their best footy is exciting so they can at least make a push.

I don’t see Carlton as a riser because to me they already did IMO. They missed the 8 by a single point when honestly they were only turning up for half a game most weeks. It doesn’t get closer than 1 point. Top 4 certainties at the very least because to miss the top 8 by a single point is the shit that spurs professional athletes on. If somehow they were to miss out again then sack Voss immediately.

If one of the 9 finals ends up being Collingwood v Carlton then I’d be a very nervous Pies fan.

Geelong add Bowes, Bruhn, Henry, McKenna and a pick 7, think they'll go back to back.

I hope we draft another Joel Selwood with this pick all while Hawthorn find a new Thorp with the pick before us. After Brisbane get Ashcroft it’s likely going to be pick 7 & 8 this time around, isn’t it?

If you ever get banned from BF #6 Thorp #7 Selwood LOL then I have a new username for you 🤣

Stengle's talent was widely known.

I'm happy to wager that none of the players mentioned in the previous post will make AA in 2023.
I’m with you on that bet! Who’s talking AA?

Ah yes, because there's no surer thing than a team with 12 best-22 players aged 22 and under.
Thats not the best 22 that's just a list of youth.

Ryan Pearce Young
Chapman Cox Clark

Aish Fyfe O'Driscall

Swittowski Taberner Schultz
Frederick Lobb Jackson

Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Walker Brodie Sharp Walters

Erasmus and Amiss will most likely end up best 22. Plenty of others fighting for a spot.

System, ball movement, personnel.

In the H&A season Melbourne led the competition for the percentage of time being ahead in games. Geelong was second.

So even with issues forward of centre, they still had a lot going right.

I'll back them to fix it. Understandably, you not so much.
🚮

1. Geelong
2. Collingwood
3. Brisbane
4. Richmond
5. Carlton
6. Sydney
7. Fremantle
8. Melbourne

9. Gold Coast
10. Port Adelaide
11. Bulldogs
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn
14. Essendon
15. St. Kilda
16. North
17. GWS
18. WCE

Fremantle player ages:

Luke Jackson 21
Brayshaw 22
Serong 21
Young 21
Chapman 20
Frederick 22
Clark 21
Brodie 23
Odriscall 20
Treacey 20
Amiss 19
Dp#10 Erasmus 18
Dp#18 Johnson 18
Darcy 24
Cox 24
Schultz 24
Switta 25
Ryan 26
Aish 26
Henry 20
Pearce 27

Throw in Fyfe 31.

How you think that squad will go backwards is beyond me. Expect another huge step forward next season for Fremantle, despite losing an ok winger and a depth key backman.
I have Fremantle finishing top. Logue a little bit overrated imo that love needs to go to Cox and Pearce. Erasmus, Johnson, Jackson to come in and Amiss to have another pre-season. Love Mundy but he was too slow in the midfield in the end, freo will be more dynamic.

The freo regression bandwagon is a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Geelong
2. Brisbane
3. Richmond
4. Carlton
5. Melbourne
6. Port Adelaide
7. Collingwood
8. Fremantle

9. Gold Cast
10. Sydney
11. Bulldogs
12. St Kilda
13. Adelaide
14. GWS
15. Essendon
16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

Fremantle player ages:

Luke Jackson 21
Brayshaw 22
Serong 21
Young 21
Chapman 20
Frederick 22
Clark 21
Brodie 23
Odriscall 20
Treacey 20
Amiss 19
Dp#10 Erasmus 18
Dp#18 Johnson 18
Darcy 24
Cox 24
Schultz 24
Switta 25
Ryan 26
Aish 26
Henry 20
Pearce 27

Throw in Fyfe 31.

How you think that squad will go backwards is beyond me. Expect another huge step forward next season for Fremantle, despite losing an ok winger and a depth key backman.
Did Jackson sign?

Melbourne Dissapointing 22 year, will be out to prove their worth in 23
Geelong Great club, and a great team, could win again. What and exibition 22GF was.
Collingwood What a sensational effort in 22, courage, talent and fittness, and will be a serious flag challenger in 23.
Carlton Talented group, another flag challenger in 23.

Freemantle Bit of a smokey, could surprise.
Brisbane Good team at home but not quite top 4 imo
Sydney Will win enough to make the 8 but wont dent the top 4 teams.
Richmond Always in or about the mix, and should make the 8 in 23 but could fall out too

Bulldogs Maybe but.......
Port 10th about right
Adelaide Will improve
StKilda Sadly will struggle
Gold Coast Ok at home but..........
GWS Need a re build
West Coast Rebuilding
North Melbourne Could surprise, a good young team who deserve a positive break.
Hawthorn In for a tough year.
Essendon Good players, good coach, club in turmoil.

Won’t it?

This year we added a rookie KPD with one match to his name, a twice delisted free agent who hadn’t shown that much in the games he HAD played, a midfielder who had only played a few matches last year and became the highest rated winger in the competition by finals time, and another general defender who had played 33 games in 5 seasons prior to this one.

Seemed to work out alright.

At some point people will actually stop trying to make predictions without actually assessing the merits of what they’re saying

Yeah not really sure they need to as their 5 club mates who did go AA in 2023 will all still be there.

We aren’t replacing Stengle with any of these guys.

You shouldn’t drop off. Losing Selwood is a benefit, bloke was cooked. In 2022 he only got 4 Brownlow votes and Cotchin got 5 and everybody says Cotchin is past it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2023 Ladder Prediction Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back