• Yes

Votes: 61 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 107 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 24 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ken isnt walking, Ken doesn't give a stuff about the club, Ken is all about Ken (that's obvious).

Seriously, if he took a pay-cut then requested the performance clauses be altered because he took the pay-cut, then what kind of person does that tell you he is? He could of just done the right thing there but had to find an angle for himself, and the stupid board fell for it?

Koch needs to be the first to go, we need to break that Koch and Ken legacy, someone in that role with no legacy to Ken who can make a clear cut call.
Yep, negotiating to remove the performance clause tells us everything we need to know.

A man of honour would've backed themselves in. You get what you deserve my arse

Dylan in membership is busy today:

Thanks for your email. As per your request, I have opted you out of auto-renewal for 2023.

As someone who has been with us many years, we're very sad to hear of your dissatisfaction with the club.

You will have ample time and opportunity to consider your renewal for the 2023 season.

If there's anything else I can do regarding your membership, now or in the future, feel free to reach out.
That email template getting a workout today

Look, I probably will at the end of the day purely because of our excellent reserved seats (a la Scorch), but the laundry list leading up to the ultimate final straw now stands at:

• stopped contributing to the Big Footy sponsorship syndicate

• cancelled my $10-per-win to the premiership fund

• cancelled $110 worth of extras in my membership package

• haven’t eaten/beers’d/pokies’d at the club since COVID and don’t intend to until Hinkley is gone

• haven’t bought a piece of merch from the club since a grudge snapback purchase at the Sydney game in 2020 when that wonderful on-the-fly ticketing system put us in direct sun in the cheapest seats in the stadium (we were paying the usual Platinum rates for)

• walked out of the 2021 Prelim at 3QT and haven’t been back

My personal contribution is down by literally thousands since Hinkley was effectively anointed prophet of Port Adelaide.
I have no problems with people exercising their consumer right and quitting their memberships. I understand why.

But I am ****ing sick and tired of the same people whinging for months in the off season on here, year after year, that they are going to quit their membership and when the season is about to start they say they have renewed.

Get a bloody hard ball. Don't be as soft as Argo Koch. Shut up about quiting, until you actually do it.

As Denis Pagan would say - don't piss in my pocket and tell me its raining. Denis Pagan a premiership footy coach who now owns and trains thoroughbreds - the sport of kings. We have a failed gump who owns greyhounds.

Last edited:

Sent my disapproval:

"Hi,

In light of David Koch and his boards acceptance of mediocrity as per last night's decision to keep Ken Hinkley as coach, I would like my auto renewal of my 2023 membership cancelled. I cannot and will not support financially or emotionally the destruction of my once proud football club.

The CEO, president and coach must take full responsibility for the weak organisation it has fostered, and while we are no longer a member owned club this is the only way our voices will be heard.

Regards"

Get Outlook for Android

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I have no problems with people exercising their consumer right and quitting their memberships. I understand why.

But I am ******* sick and tired of the same people whinging for months in the off season on here, year after year, that they are going to quit their membership and when the season is about to start they say they have renewed.

Get a bloody hard ball. Don't be as soft as Argo Koch. Shut up about quiting, until you actually do it.

As Denis Pagan would say - don't piss in my pocket and tell me its raining. Denis Pagan a footy coach who now owns and trains thoroughbreds - the sport of kings. We have a gump who owns greyhounds.

Someone who is big into greyhound racing is a definite red flag

How long did thjs take after your email? I've sent two emails, short and polite, and received nothing. I swear, if they try still and extract my money after my repeated requests I'm suing.
I emailed yesterday evening. I also get the impression the membership department is getting a roasting today

Auto Renewal cancelled 2 season tickets , will do that save seats thing but we will see

I would like the 2 season tickets to be taken off auto rewenal, I refuse to go to games when hinkley is in charge , next yr is my 20th yr and iv only missed 2 games none since 06.

I deserve better then supporter that animal abuser and all round monster in hinkley.

Tell kochie the "financial guru" to explain how saving hinkley doesn't massively impact revenue streams ??

Thank you for your time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone actually received a reply?

I still haven't despite the guy who called trying to renew my daughters AFLW membership saying he'd chase it up..
I received this this morning.

Attachments

• ADC595BF-7383-4F73-89A2-EDDFBEA8D14A.png
    ADC595BF-7383-4F73-89A2-EDDFBEA8D14A.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 113
I emailed yesterday evening. I also get the impression the membership department is getting a roasting today

I really don't think they were expecting this. I think they thought we were bluffing. If hurting the club financially is the only way they'll listen, and it is, well done everybody.
This sends the clearest message - "Don't f**k with us".

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your email. As per your request, I have opted yourself and your daughter out of auto-renewal for 2023.

As someone who has been with us for 22+ years, we’re very sad to hear of your dissatisfaction with the club.

You will have ample time and opportunity to consider your renewal for the 2023 season.

If there’s anything else I can do regarding your membership, now or in the future, feel free to reach out.

Thanks,
Dylan
Clearly it is just a copy and paste, as i
Got the same from Nathan.

It's Done

Hi Nathan,

Appreciate your reply

Unlike our Chairman, I am a man of my word

With the confirmation of our head coach’s tenure being continued next season, we now wish to cancel both of our Membership / Season Tickets for 2023 (details in email below)

Can you please confirm this request via return email

As I said in my initial email, this is not an easy or enjoyable decision
Win lose or draw, the PAFC has given me and my family so much joy over the years

But the club has lost its way
Forgotten its roots
Been held to ransom by egos
Gaslit and whiteanted its most loyal supporters and servants

Until real and significant change happens we will not be attending future games, the club or reinstating any financial support

Thanks for your understanding

AP

Serious question for those who plan to go and not return:

Would you come back if those leading the club came out and said...

"We made a mistake but now we can't afford to pay out Ken. We will be taking the time to make sure we do have a coaching team ready to go in 2024 if we don't win the flag next year."
If there is a guaranteed that Ken will not be at the club come 2024 and that is made clear in preseason I still wouldn’t renew. Others who have contributed towards this 💩 need to be gone too.

If we have as many happy clappers as we are led to believe, why is the Club in so much debt? Surely they'd all be signed on to the Chasing Greatness fund?
Most of them probably don’t even have memberships, just social media nuffies

I'm not sure what to do. We're Adelaide Oval members.

I can see this scenario:

Me: "I'd like to cancel my membership. I can no longer support my club with those two frauds David Koch and Ken Hinkley in charge"

SMA: "lol"

If the club had any sense of humour they'd be signing off some of these emails with Jordan H

Or "FiNE......Go sUpPORt the COwS!!"

I really don't think they were expecting this. I think they thought we were bluffing.

They surround themselves with bootlickers and seat sniffers.

I remember posting something mildly critical of the team’s form in one of the Facebook fan groups that Fiacchi was posting in when he was on the board, and after realising I was booted, I fired up a burner account to see that the admin was boasting to George about cleaning out dissenters.

Any sort of membership cancellation/downgrade groundswell would’ve hit them like a wayward 737 on a crisp NYC morn.

But I am ******* sick and tired of the same people whinging for months in the off season on here, year after year, that they are going to quit their membership and when the season is about to start they say they have renewed.

As Denis Pagan would say - don't piss in my pocket and tell me its raining. Denis Pagan a premiership footy coach who now owns and trains thoroughbreds - the sport of kings. We have a failed gump who owns greyhounds.

What's this Argo business?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2023 Membership - Audited Figure 64,041 - New Club Record

Back