Position 2023 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm considering him.

A few things to consider:

Just missed a spike game against the Eagles, and he's already played the Roos. Does not play either of them again.

If you remove his high and low outliers, he's averaging 102.

Stats are up this year, getting more kicks.

TOG is great, very high.

Seems like 105 average is his max. So he's a bit of a safe, boring pick to help over the byes.

The big score against the Eagles is probably clouding our judgement.
Not sure on timelines, but does the scoring correlate with pre/post-touk injury?

Screenshot_20230515_161657_Chrome.jpg

Not sure on timelines, but does the scoring correlate with pre/post-touk injury?

View attachment 1688363

3 tons before the Touk injury by the looks if I'm remembering correctly.

Just noticing that the 2019 draft class is having a collective boom year. Rowell's improvement may be more a sign of things to come rather than a singular peak against a poor side.

I'm considering him.

A few things to consider:

Just missed a spike game against the Eagles, and he's already played the Roos. Does not play either of them again.

If you remove his high and low outliers, he's averaging 102.

Stats are up this year, getting more kicks.

TOG is great, very high.

Seems like 105 average is his max. So he's a bit of a safe, boring pick to help over the byes.

The big score against the Eagles is probably clouding our judgement.
The Red Bull is effectively a 3rd year player given all the games he missed in his first two seasons, probably best to judge him that way.

Much fitter this year, contested beast. The Suns tend to fade later in the season which is a worry. But lots of their players are getting older/stronger/fitter so that might not be such an issue this year.

He's high on my list for starting next year also. If I didn't have Anderson already I'd be keen.

Rowell is a lock for me now - primarily based on his bye round, but also safe & durable

thelma and louise remix GIF

I’m looking for a mid this week and can afford Rowell by a couple of thousand.

Pretty uninspiring players available at that price tag. With Steele under another cloud I’m not touching him. Otherwise it’s Doch, JDG, Smith, Cogs probably.

Just seen that Rowell is averaging 9 (NINE) tackles this year. Pretty amazing way to keep the score ticking along given it takes away the issue of clangers.

Lots of good mid options with low/low-ish ownership available in round 13 (after the round 12 bye):

Serong, Neale, Brayshaw, Warner, Parker, Steele

I'll be getting one in for sure

Parker just got pinged for a sling tackle
I wouldn't touch him anyway. Warner would be the one from the Swans.

BE of 63, he's on track for a 120 score and a solid price rise ($25k-ish).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has the Nash tag been going this year? Is he about to rough Neale up?
We all know Neale doesn't like attention. Nash has 20cm and 10kegs on him.
Neale looks like an obvious trade-in option, he's a great long-term option (good fixture, lots at the Gabba), but I'd hate to cop a 60 or 70 first up when there's other options like Warner (cheaper) or Anderson (next week).

Neale looks like an obvious trade-in option, he's a great long-term option (good fixture, lots at the Gabba), but I'd hate to cop a 60 or 70 first up when there's other options like Warner (cheaper) or Anderson (next week).
Nash hasn't always tagged but the option is certainly there if somebody gets off the leash. I'd be very surprised if Neale doesn't cop any attention this week.

Great player but as you say he can go missing when he gets clamped.

Nash will go to Dunkley

The fact it is only 3 weeks, 2 of which are best 18 bye rounds, has really thrown a spanner in the works for JDG owners.
Not unlike the recent Oliver situation, although at least with JDG we have a definite return timeframe.

FWIW I thought he should have got four games not three

I think everyone thought the same and started trading him out.

If I were an owner, I would probably hold.
JDG isn't Oliver though. There are a dozen players that can score as well as him.

Trading to Warner for example gets you 4 extra scores.

Anybody hopping on Anderson next week? Essentially at his starting price for a 108 average.
I'll probably get Neale this week so my midfield is done, but if I wasn't, I'd be jumping on Anderson for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2023 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back