MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really a king hit but Sonsie deserves a very healthy stint for that.
No issue with the McCartin outcome, there'd be much gnashing of teeth if one of our players missed for that.

The most incredulous thing, if McCartin concusses McAdam, rather than fracturing his cheekbone, he most likely gets three weeks.
The AFL won’t be sued for a fractured cheekbone, concussion however……
From my perspective the system is broken and needs to be overhauled.
Yep, it's the flaw of a system that seeks to create a direct correlation between outcome & penalty.
Where they're eventually going to have to write some huge cheques is when the system essentially rewards players more manufacturing knocks to the head - for a number of reasons it's in everyone's interest that this is all cleaned up.

This is unbelievable. Sonsie 'king hits' a bloke behind play and gets 3 weeks. The same suspension that Boyd got for tackling an opponent.

The system is completely broken.....although I'm not convinced we've heard the last of this.

Should be 8 weeks plus a big fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has begun...

‘Think I got in trouble’: Toby’s big call on Blue’s potential eye gouge which could cost him finals

crowd riot GIF

Attachments

• 1693139889912.png
    1693139889912.png
    306.4 KB · Views: 65
Just watched Toby’s two eye gouging incidents…what’s clear to me is that Toby’s intention in both cases was to cause damage to the players face…Weitering was trying to pull Toby’s head back and remove him off McGovern…not sure why Toby is comparing his dog acts to Weiterings

Watching that in real-time there was no actual eye gouge.
I can’t see any eye gouge.
Weitering initially grabs Greene by the jumper. As he drags him away, Greene’s arm is still around Gov’s throat in a chocking position. Then Weitering hands probably graze head on either side.

At most, careless high contact low impact & a fine. Greene contributed to it by not removing his arm from Gov’s throat & Jacob frantically tried to remove him & brushed him.

Doubt very much it reaches tribunal

Just watched Toby’s two eye gouging incidents…what’s clear to me is that Toby’s intention in both cases was to cause damage to the players face…Weitering was trying to pull Toby’s head back and remove him off McGovern…not sure why Toby is comparing his dog acts to Weiterings

Because Toby is a great player but a terrible twat.

Maybe to ensure that his dump tackle whilst pinning Mitch's arms doesn't get the attention that it deserves?

Whilst I agree that this is nowhere near comparable to Toby's past efforts, there's no actual gouge and it looks like less of an issue in real-time, I also don't see how he doesn't get a week.

Fingers crossed for a fine.

Meanwhile Toby is getting no attention for the dangerous tackle, the forceful headlock or the nut punch to Gov.

Whilst I agree that this is nowhere near comparable to Toby's past efforts, there's no actual gouge and it looks like less of an issue in real-time, I also don't see how he doesn't get a week.

Fingers crossed for a fine.

Meanwhile Toby is getting no attention for the dangerous tackle, the forceful headlock or the nut punch to Gov.
for what?

There is no raking or gouging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back